AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-09, 14:15   Link #1521
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Apart from Megumi Nakajima winning the award for "Best Singing" at the Seiyuu awards, Aya Endo did indeed win the "Best Supporting Actress" award for Sheryl Nome. Now I'm not sure if this is a mistake or not but she still won an award, it's still something to be proud of but I'm not sure how others would take it.

Best Singing and Best Supporting Actress Awards
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 16:44   Link #1522
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

All I have to say, in this matter, is that they clearly wanted her to win an award - and, since she wouldn't be getting the leading one, they settled for that. But honestly, neither Sheryl (clearly) nor Angelique would be what I call supporting characters. Oh, well...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 01:55   Link #1523
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's not a mistake, Aya Endo got the Kugimiya Rie treatment from last year, Rie who won lead actress this year was last years best supporting actress for Hayate No Gotoku for voicing Nagi. Now if anyone has watched that show they know that Nagi is the lead female, so like I said in the thread for this I just think its to give Rei last year and Endo this year recognition.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 06:22   Link #1524
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Best singing actress? Who was she up against? Lol, Marina Ismail?

Anyway, this is just in, May'n is releasing another single (fufu! thanks to mikage24@LJ for the info):

Artist: May’n
Single: Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare (キミシニタモウコトナカレ)
Catalog Number: VTCL-35070
Price: ¥1,155
Release Date: May 6, 2009

Tracklist:
1. Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare (キミシニタモウコトナカレ; You Shall Not Die)
  Lyrics: Yuuho Iwasato
  Music & Arrangement: Akimitsu Honma
2. M-Revolution
  Lyrics: May’n
  Music & Arrangement: Akimitsu Honma
3. Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare (without May’n)
4. M-Revolution (without May’n)
Old 2009-03-10, 08:17   Link #1525
Westlo
Lets be reality

That May'n OP single is the opening theme for Gonzo's Shangri-La.
Old 2009-03-10, 10:36   Link #1526
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Which promises to be quite interesting, now even more so...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 09:16   Link #1527
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know who should do Aimo OC? Rurutia

- Tak (And boy, I hate Triangular too, I think its a terrible song)
Sheryl will always be my no.1 but I swear if Ranka starting spurting Rurutia's voice I'd worship her right there and then The voice is DIVINE!!!!!!! It feels like there really is some mystical power Then again, her voice wouldn't suit an amateur like Ranka...

btw, is there any news about Sheryl's new songs in the movie? Will she get any? I only heard that a Ranka's new song would feature in the upcoming movie trailer
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 12:57   Link #1528
DeX-kun

Well apparently the new Ranka song called "Souda Yo" was played on the Macross F Super Dimensional Talk Show for a limited time and someone from Japan commented and it seems to be a love song like "Ao No Ether," according to the lyrics.

This is a comment posted by the person that created this article as well:

Quote:
# mai Says:
March 13th, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Well here’s one interesting comment I got from the net…

劇場版PVで流れた「そうだよ」いい曲だったわ。曲調ですでに泣ける・・・蒼のエーテルよりは、ラブソング より?好きだけど別れるみたいなシーンでかかりそうな感じだった。自分で書いてて、抽象的過ぎて意味わかん ねーwしかし生アフレコ良かったな。まめぐも遠藤さんも良かったけど、中村のいい声に惚れたw

I am so poor in translating Japanese internet language, but at least this looks like positive feedback, that it is a love song like Ao no Ether.

And someone’s jab on the lyrics:

「そうだよ」

そうだよ 君の声・・・
いつだって・・・・

何度も 届けていくよ
光とエナジー

今、会えなくけれど
僕は元気で・・・だから
・・・・・ないけれど
君の元気で・・・・いいな~

Souda yo

Souda yo, kimi no koe…..
Itsudatte…..

Nandemo todokete iku yo
Hikari to energy

Ima, aenaku keredo
Boku wa genki de……dakara
….nai keredo
Kimi no genki de….. ii na

That doesn’t look like a very short snippet, perhaps it’s short but there’s a lot of talk over it?
Maybe someone else wants to take a jab at a translation for this.

Source: GabrielRobins Article
Old 2009-03-13, 16:44   Link #1529
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
... Why do I feel like there is some words got cut off in the last paragraph? ( After "nai keredo" especially... It makes no sense to me! D: D: )

The commentator say that "Souda Yo" is making her cry, by the way He compared it with Ao no Ether, which has sad theme because of the parting elements shown in the show, but "Souda Yo" give an sad tune/melody? Interesting.

Lest to say, she fangirl over Nakamura Yuiichi LOL

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 17:40   Link #1530
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
... Why do I feel like there is some words got cut off in the last paragraph? ( After "nai keredo" especially... It makes no sense to me! D: D: )

The commentator say that "Souda Yo" is making her cry, by the way He compared it with Ao no Ether, which has sad theme because of the parting elements shown in the show, but "Souda Yo" give an sad tune/melody? Interesting.

Lest to say, she fangirl over Nakamura Yuiichi LOL
Ah, thanks Natsuki. This sounds like great news though, at least it seems that this track will be another good hit for Macross Frontier and everyone involved.

Yeah the lyrics are really broken up in fragments and it makes it hard to translate but then again there is someone from the MW forums that actually did me the favor and did their best to translate this

Quote:
This was quoted from the Macross World forums member VF-25 Messiah
The comment:
"Sou da yo" that was played during the PV for the theatrical movie was a nice song. You could be moved to tears just by the melody... More than Ao no Ether, or a love song, it had the feeling of being for a scene where you have to part ways even though you love someone. Even though I'm writing this myself its getting too abstract and I don't understand what I mean, but the postproduction was really good. Megu and Endo-san were both good, but I'm falling in love with Nakamura's great voice.

The lyrics fragments:
That's right, your voice....
always....

No matter how many times, I'll go deliver it.
Light and energy.

I can't see you now but
I'm alright.... so
... not but...
That you alright... how good

They're really just fragments, making it next to impossible to tie them together.
I'm assuming its so full of holes because its missing parts from voice overs or soundeffects making it hard to hear.
At any rate I stink at translating lyrics. Especially woefully incomplete ones.
Old 2009-03-13, 19:07   Link #1531
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

*Somehow agrees with VF-25... Lyrics translating is really suck D: Wtb with the poetic words there!*

At any rate, I'm still working on finding even just a bit of news for new Sheryl songs :x And I bet "Souda Yo" is not only the new song for Ranka-I expect 2 to 3 more songs to be honest, that way, Kawamori and Yoko Kanno can laugh evilly after ripping off our money and wallet for making us buy Movie OST

Old 2009-03-13, 19:26   Link #1532
DeX-kun

Quote:
*Somehow agrees with VF-25... Lyrics translating is really suck D: Wtb with the poetic words there!*

At any rate, I'm still working on finding even just a bit of news for new Sheryl songs :x And I bet "Souda Yo" is not only the new song for Ranka-I expect 2 to 3 more songs to be honest, that way, Kawamori and Yoko Kanno can laugh evilly after ripping off our money and wallet for making us buy Movie OST
Opening our wallets for them is inevitable It's bound to happen when Yoko has been creating such beautiful work for us. I can't wait to hear another Ballad from May'N, something like Diamond Crevasse
Old 2009-03-13, 21:37   Link #1533
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

heard the sample.... hmmn.... really nice but parting again? ^^ Maybe it'll replace Ao no Ether at Ranka & Alto's parting scene. The two song has the same feeling anyway

And the lyricist of May'n's Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare is the same one who wrote Nothern Cross and Infinity O____O Awesome!!!!!
Old 2009-03-13, 22:20   Link #1534
Westlo
Lets be reality

I prefer the melody of Souda Yo to Aoi no Ether, Ranka keeps Sheryl's name in her mouth in that pv, I'm hoping that everything musically in the movie is redone, songs and bgms... at the very least remixed bgms would be fine but new songs for sure.
Old 2009-03-14, 03:32   Link #1535
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
A parting song?

Meh.

I don't need sou da yo if I have DC.
Old 2009-03-14, 09:26   Link #1536
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
A parting song?

Meh.

I don't need sou da yo if I have DC.
Nah. The different is that Ao no Ether (and probably Sou da yo too) is a whiny emo song about unrequited crush of a teenager and how she HAS to go (i.e. run) away because she can't take the goddamned initiative for once and confess to the one she loves aka he's deaf to her voice except for "xxxx-kun, save me!!! ((". While Diamond Crevasse OTOH is an epic song about parting lovers, lost love and promises of meeting in the next life, thus doesn't really apply to Ranka there Her DC attempt is even worse than AnE, there's no feeling at all.

The level is too different I guess .
Old 2009-03-14, 09:36   Link #1537
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Nah. The different is that Ao no Ether (and probably Sou da yo too) is a whiny emo song about unrequited crush of a teenager and how she HAS to go (i.e. run) away because she can't take the goddamned initiative for once and confess to the one she loves aka he's deaf to her voice except for "xxxx-kun, save me!!! ((". While Diamond Crevasse OTOH is an epic song about parting lovers, lost love and promises of meeting in the next life, thus doesn't really apply to Ranka there Her DC attempt is even worse than AnE, there's no feeling at all.

The level is too different I guess .
LOL. Wow.
Old 2009-03-14, 21:00   Link #1538
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Ugh. Took a listen to Megumi's rendition of Tenshi no Enogu. I am disappointed. It was so BLAND. I thought it would be as nice as Ai Obeoete Imasuka but blah.... I'm sticking with the original that I love. =__=
Old 2009-03-14, 21:39   Link #1539
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Link us to youtube for the rendition!

Old 2009-03-14, 21:57   Link #1540
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Link us to youtube for the rendition!
I just downloaded it and nobody's uploaded it in youtube as far as I know. I'll check nico...waito waito...

Nico link to Megumi's Angel Paints

Still disappointed with it's averageness. >_>
The whole Nostalgia was pretty average overall. At leash Tenshi ni Naritai had it's cute points but this...meh.

Last edited by raile; 2009-03-14 at 22:13.
raile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music