AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-02, 23:55   Link #321
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
ooo the Kokoro interaction at the end of this episode was
Spoiler for ep 8:

Kippei, Kokoro, and their friends are some of the most realistic characters I've seen in anime so far. This show really excels in that department.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 01:02   Link #322
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I think that this evidence of immaturity on the part of Yuzu's mom isn't out of place on someone who ended up abandoning her child. Let's just say that this was a warning sign that the woman doesn't cope well with trouble.
Interestingly enough, I agree with you. She definately isn't doing well coping. But then again, we still don't know the whole story, so there may be a lot of other extenuating factors that may explain why she did this. Personally, I think it's emotional overload. I've seen it in real life where so many things hit you that you can't keep up. Her leaving Yuzuyu with her sister's family was probubly best. She most likely needed to get away, collect herself, get her life back in order, THEN come and pick up Yuzuyu. If she didn't, things might get ugly for Yuzuyu and that's even worse than what she's already done.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 01:06   Link #323
Shift_

All I can say is the Manga > Anime...but the Anime is still sooooooo good Hopefully the anime keeps on following the Manga...although it has sotra strayed off course in some episodes.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 20:13   Link #324
Itlandm
Porcupine

But one thing that's not terribly realistic is the guy suddenly deciding he needs a girlfriend, after being abandoned by his 5-year-old cousin for a few hours. If he really was that bored, I bet his cell phone is loaded with the numbers of playful young girls who would be able to fill a few hours of his time.

I think he is making up excuses. He's been interested in Kokoro since episode 1, really. Back then he had this notion that she was interested in him, but boys don't think like that unless they're interested themselves. (And then they think it whether it is true or not... ^_^*)
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 01:52   Link #325
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I think that you need to distinguish between "girlfriend" and "girl playmate". He has been playing around with a lot of girls, but he hasn't had an actual girlfriend that he spends time with outside of messing around.

You should consider that he doesn't get much affection or closeness from his own family since they are either quite distant or bitchy. This probably accounts for why he messes around with girls without ever getting emotionally involved. Now, I think that after getting used to the affection and closeness of being with Yuzu he finds that he wants a similar feeling from a girl his own age. Hence his sudden realization that he wants a girlfriend. Merely messing around with girls just isn't fulfilling his emotional needs anymore. He is growing up.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 07:45   Link #326
Zippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I think that you need to distinguish between "girlfriend" and "girl playmate". He has been playing around with a lot of girls, but he hasn't had an actual girlfriend that he spends time with outside of messing around.

You should consider that he doesn't get much affection or closeness from his own family since they are either quite distant or bitchy. This probably accounts for why he messes around with girls without ever getting emotionally involved. Now, I think that after getting used to the affection and closeness of being with Yuzu he finds that he wants a similar feeling from a girl his own age. Hence his sudden realization that he wants a girlfriend. Merely messing around with girls just isn't fulfilling his emotional needs anymore. He is growing up.
Whoa! Someone's analyzed the show.... I have to agree though. Kippei doesn't seem like the type that spends much (or any) time on introspection, so he just says things as and when he feels the need to. So his sudden statement to Kokoro is pretty natural for him. Can't wait to see how things develop between the two.
Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 00:27   Link #327
Za Paper

Woohoo! Ep 9 was awesome.

Spoiler:
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 00:53   Link #328
Itlandm
Porcupine

Yes, 9 was one of the most wonderful anime episodes I have ever seen. The colors, the music, the characters, all of it was so beautiful and fit so well together. I have to say, though, the boy is more lucky than he deserves. He could quite possibly have died alone too, if Kokoro hadn't seen him taking care of a small girl. (Or at least try...)

Did you all notice that the girl in the family picture looked a lot like Yuzu?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 09:29   Link #329
minglong
Jump!

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Old 2004-06-07, 09:55   Link #330
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Yes, 9 was one of the most wonderful anime episodes I have ever seen. The colors, the music, the characters, all of it was so beautiful and fit so well together. I have to say, though, the boy is more lucky than he deserves. He could quite possibly have died alone too, if Kokoro hadn't seen him taking care of a small girl. (Or at least try...)

Did you all notice that the girl in the family picture looked a lot like Yuzu?

i agree ..she looks like grown up Yuzu to me
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 17:26   Link #331
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Woohoo! Ep 9 was awesome.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep9:
Old 2004-06-07, 23:15   Link #332
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Spoiler for ep9:
Spoiler for ep9:

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 06:48   Link #333
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Spoiler for for ep9:

Hehe, I just really love this series. All the characters are great. The story is so cute and so sweet. Kokoro rocks
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 07:03   Link #334
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:35   Link #335
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep9:
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 17:13   Link #336
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog
Spoiler for ep9:

- Fromage
Spoiler for ep9:

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:43   Link #337
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Episode 10.../ well I wasen't expecting this kiss already :P The bad thing is that suddenly Kippei was changed into a Don Juan telling kokoro he knew about the fact she felt something for him and all it sound a little cheezy and macho for me but hey.. I won't over react over this cause it is still my favourite serie of the season and that is the good thing ^^
Old 2004-06-08, 20:12   Link #338
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Spoiler for ep9:

-k

curious
Spoiler for ep9:

As it is, she has never really taken much of an interest in any of this stuff. Miyazaki's works; that's about it.

Had a bad experience with someone trying to save you...? Boys and girls are both guilty of this, you know...

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 20:25   Link #339
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Spoiler for Ep 9:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 02:13   Link #340
Dragoncat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler: