AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-10, 14:23   Link #1401
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Can I have this one?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:23   Link #1402
Avira
fanart-fan :D

btw some new stuff
1. 2. 3.
4. 5.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:26   Link #1403
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I personally welcome original material if it keeps the touch of the said plot/characters, and it was certainly meaningful to some degree.
So long as the material is enjoyable, I'm perfectly fine with original material as well. Granted in many cases the anime is my first exposure to a series anyway. Although I did read some of the K-On! manga before watching any of the anime.

Based on what I've read of the manga and seen of the anime, so far the original material seems to be mainly for the following purpose. To essentially flesh things out and add more weight to the story.

Which makes sense giving the medium change. One can only cover so much in just four panels. Sure you can carry a scene over to the next set of four panels, but sooner or later you want to move to the next scene.

In any case, over all I enjoyed what they did with episode 2. Sure it may not be a carbon copy of the manga, but it still worked out pretty well. Ritsu is still as awesome as ever. Plus Tsumugi is becoming more and more charming.

Last edited by Tatiana Razajev; 2009-04-10 at 14:59.
Tatiana Razajev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:28   Link #1404
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Some freebies I made from some of the images I've been collecting. Claim if/as you like.

Mio avatars:

And a half-assed sig attempt:

The font is a font called "BOOTLE" which is the best thing I could find to the font used in the band logo for The Beatles. I copied the text colors from one of the K-ON! logos I've found.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:34   Link #1405
Falkor

some freebies... Mio-chan... :3

on a random note, her name is Tsumugi, not Tsugumi. :P
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:38   Link #1406
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I just finished the second ep, which good. I love the opening so much!
Tsumugi-chan is so funny... I had a feeling those eyebrows would be a focal point later in the show!
*hum hum hum* A f t e r S c h o o l ....
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:41   Link #1407
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"Filler" that fits. KyoAni is not know for their original stories, but they they have been good at making (or having someone write for them) original material for something they are adapting. They also seem to be able to get more out of a character than is normally expected. Tsumugi could have stepped in the entire time, but she didn't until after the others had made a good impression on her.
Except that it doesn't.
Her family owns the store; she would've just brought all the equipment they need to the club room, just like she did with that teaset.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:43   Link #1408
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

In terms of her character traits, why do you think she didn't?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:43   Link #1409
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I'm calling this a "filler" because that's a low quality stupid sub-story that Kyoani put into there - manga had no part time work.
Does it really matter that it is not part of the Manga?

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:48   Link #1410
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
some freebies... Mio-chan... :3

claiming this one. Thanks!
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:49   Link #1411
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Filler happens. I daresay there has ever or will ever be a visual adaptation of a book, comic book, manga, etc. that doesn't somehow embellish or pad a story out for the sake of length or exposition. When considering the source material for K-ON! is a 4koma manga, I think it's even more unreasonable to expect a "perfect" adaptation.

Look at AzuDai, for crying out loud. How much of that is filler? Yet people don't seem to take much of an issue with it. I'm sure Lucky Star was similar in parts as well.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:50   Link #1412
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting. The Abbey Road parody order is off (from a certain point of view)

Order from right to left I would think should be Tsumugi-Mio-Ritsu-Yui, based on their instruments and appearance in the OP. (Though technically since Yui is the only guitarist, she is "lead guitar", which was George's role.) Mio as bass (and the popular one it seems) would fit the Paul title. Yui as lead singer (at least in the OP) would fit the John model. While Ritsu as drummer fits the Ringo mold. Tsumugi doesn't fit any mold really, but George's spot is what is left, and if she can sing, she'd fit since she seemed rather good at the keyboard (if she has all those awards and been playing since she was four years old).
Old 2009-04-10, 14:51   Link #1413
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
It matters because the thing they've put in there is very out of character for Tsumugi - have you ever seen a really rich person that was doing macjobs for money?

Last edited by SinsI; 2009-04-10 at 15:01.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:51   Link #1414
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Cute show. Can't wait to see the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
it shouldn't.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:55   Link #1415
Yuka-Chan
柊ユカ
*Artist

Claiming this one thanks ^^

Pretend it's not forever, I'll pull myself together I'll say that I'll forget him, I'll breathe.
And I'll say he never hurt me, And look at it as learning, And laugh about the good and the bad. Because I won't live forever We don't belong together, I know I'll feel better, One day when I can make it through

sig and avi made by me
Visit my Gallery

Yuka-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:56   Link #1416
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
It matters because the thing they've put in there is very out of character for Tsumugi - have you ever seen a really rich person that was doing macjobs for money?
Some jobs to help her friends (don't forget about this fact) ? Yes. People are different.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:57   Link #1417
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Yes, I have(well, not for the money, just for the kicks I guess). Which directly ties to the question I posted.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 14:58   Link #1418
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It seems you are really missing the point here. The point was to help Yui in part jobs so the later can have the money for her guitar.
The thing is that it is an effort of the whole group and therefore, it is much more meaningful.

To begin with: why didn't Tsumugi take the guitar for free then? Why in BOTH the manga and anime, she purposedly make the guitar price within the range of Yui's budget? That is because she isn't the type of "rich girl" that would randomly give money/gifts "here we go" like this.

The difference in "helping someone" and "handing over the money" is quite huge, and it is even worse if you have to factor Yui's personality here. There is a huge chance that she would instantly refuse and the act of doing so is natural. And if by the offchance, she would accept the money, it is simply spoiling people like no tomorrow.

Therefore, the story implies pretty well that Tsumugi KNOWS the value of money, and is "generous", yet she isn't braindead or arrogant to give money/items like this. And the anime gave more depth to her personality by letting her doing so AFTER Yui made some efforts.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:58   Link #1419
Nerroth
NePoi!

I was just listening to an old favourite of mine, and I was wondering...

...will we ever see a 'Rock Me Ama(io)deus' MAD?

Maybe not, but you never know.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:58   Link #1420
Shadow Moth
庭師は紺碧の空

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Moth
Hey guys! I'm sorta knew here but I've been browsing for a bit as evidenced by my sig and avy...

Well here's my crappy attempt at a sig. Feel free to do what you want with it. If you feel up to it go ahead and fix it up. I'd appreciate it. ^_^

Yeah. . . It was half assed.
Shadow Moth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen