AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-13, 08:20   Link #4321
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

With the Raiser Sword (as it's officially called) requiring the Raiser System to use, and with the Raiser System only useful during Trans-Am, I'd go out on a limb and say that it's only available during Trans-Am.

While I'm quite sure that the GN Sword III's beam saber mode is available even during normal operation, getting it to Raiser Sword size would in all likelihood require Trans-Am.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 13:38   Link #4322
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Are we talking about the GN-Sword II or the GN-Sword III here?
Old 2009-04-14, 04:45   Link #4323
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Talking about II mostly but I guess it applies to III as well.
Old 2009-04-15, 03:56   Link #4324
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Just out of curiosity, is the Arche Gundam in any way superior to the Gadessa or Garazzo?
If so, then why would Ribbons allow Saachez, who's supposed to be an inferior human, to have a superior suit than his brethren? Or are the Innovators arrogant enough to not need a suit as powerful as the Arche Gundam and win battles anyway with Gadessa's and Garazzo's?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:41   Link #4325
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I would say Arche Gundam is equal, or slightly inferior. Compared to Gadessa's GN Mega Launcher, Garazzo's Beam Claw and GN Field, and Gadess's GN Fangs, Arche Gundam doesn't have anything special. It's just the pilot that makes Arche deadly.
Old 2009-04-15, 04:55   Link #4326
Code
最強の剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I would say Arche Gundam is equal, or slightly inferior. Compared to Gadessa's GN Mega Launcher, Garazzo's Beam Claw and GN Field, and Gadess's GN Fangs, Arche Gundam doesn't have anything special. It's just the pilot that makes Arche deadly.
It's rather hard to tell, really. While the Innovators' suits are undoubtedly stronger in their fields of expertise, they are extremely vulnerable to their specific weaknesses; whereas the Arche Gundam, while lacking in sheer power, is more of a well-balanced and versatile unit in comparison.
Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 10:15   Link #4327
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yes,the Arche is definitely pretty versatile,as we've seen from Episode 9.It's Buster Sword is also a rifle.It has Fangs,it's pretty amazingly fast(Just look at how fast it escaped in episode 9).

The Buster Sword isn't even slow at all and it has beam sabers on it's feet.

For a single Drive suit,it is deadly.

But I also agree that the pilot makes a difference as well.If we want an example,all we need to do is compare Zwei before and after Ali.There's a huge difference in performance,and the Zwei that defeated Exia(Pre-Trans-Am) has runned on three days without an energy recharge(Which would have reduced it's Drive output).And Ali still did it without breaking a sweat until Trans-Am came.

Pretty good and crazy pilot in my opinion.Ribbons also considers him to have evolved past that of a human,I guess this is why he trusted Ali with Arche Gundam.

I wonder if Arche has any specific weakness.Perhaps it's consumes energy like a hungry bear after hibernation?I guess we'll have to wait for the HG.
Old 2009-04-15, 11:54   Link #4328
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I remember something saying that the development of the Arche Gundam combined the remains of the Throne Zwei with the GNZ mobile suit technology.
Old 2009-04-15, 19:46   Link #4329
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Would it have been possible, taking out the fact that Seraphem got shot by Ribbons, that during the ending fight during that bit with Tierea for Ribbons to have, lobbed off that back thruster part of 0 riser/setsuna just ejected it for Tierea and Tierea had Seraphim switch to backpack mode and gattai with 00 for triple drive system? Assuming of course any sort of connection that was needed had been built before hand.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 22:11   Link #4330
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Not sure what you're talking about there, but I doubt the Seraphim Gundam can dock with the OO.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 01:26   Link #4331
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
Would it have been possible, taking out the fact that Seraphem got shot by Ribbons, that during the ending fight during that bit with Tierea for Ribbons to have, lobbed off that back thruster part of 0 riser/setsuna just ejected it for Tierea and Tierea had Seraphim switch to backpack mode and gattai with 00 for triple drive system? Assuming of course any sort of connection that was needed had been built before hand.
Your question is trivial. You're asking, "If it were possible for Seraphim to dock with 00, would it be possible for them to dock?" The answer is of course if it were possible it would be possible. But no one knows what triple drive does or how to make it work. Plus the drives probably aren't compatible. And also the computer that regulates the twin drive is the part of the 0-riser that you want to get rid of, so the entire thing would probably stop working, or at least work worse than before.
Old 2009-04-16, 04:01   Link #4332
Code
最強の剣

Quote:
I doubt so.

In the first place, a Triple Drive System is currently not in existence, so even if we were to assume that the equipment process went about flawlessly, the increase in output would be 00 Raiser's original squared output plus the regular output of a GN Drive. Given Trans-Am Raiser's GN particles consumption rate, I would say that this is relatively insignificant, as it lengthens Trans-Am Raiser by only so much.

We also have to take the structure of the suit into consideration. 00's 0 Raiser cockpit slot is obviously unable to accommodate a GN Drive, given the slot's size and shape. Furthermore, the slot was never meant to contain a generator; most particles generated by Seraphim's solar furnace would probably go to waste in this case.

Your idea is by all means a good one, but it isn't too practical if we consider the situation then. The increase in output is simply insufficient to justify the risk and trouble of transferring a solar furnace mid-battle.
Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:23   Link #4333
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

About Arche i'll say that its thin frame(especially at the torso) and long arms are like double-edged swords.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 08:41   Link #4334
nevenacheese

hm....
those arms are used as a place to store beam swords....
and i also think the long arm gives it more power for close range attcks and also doubles as shield or something....

and yes the arche was made of the upper torso of throne zwei.
and fully costumised to ali's wishes. like the beam swords stored in the heels.
its combined with the new gn conduit system.
and its made to go all-out with the fangs when attacking and not to keep 2-4 reserves when the others are destroyed. pretty dangerous design i would say....
and does anyone know what the armarnents are for the escape pod of the arche?
nevenacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 09:17   Link #4335
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevenacheese View Post
hm....
those arms are used as a place to store beam swords....
and i also think the long arm gives it more power for close range attcks and also doubles as shield or something....
It goes both ways, longer arms you could have longer reach.But the long arms would make it hard to defend in some situation since you cant bend the longer part.
Old 2009-04-16, 21:26   Link #4336
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
It goes both ways, longer arms you could have longer reach.But the long arms would make it hard to defend in some situation since you cant bend the longer part.
Though that could be where the foot-sabers come in.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 22:19   Link #4337
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Though that could be where the foot-sabers come in.
Its a little hard to explain the whole long arms thingy visualising would be easier. Many things could save the aspect of the long arms; foot saber,fangs etc. But in some cases the long arms would be of a disadvantage. But then again many weapons have advantages and disadvantages .
Old 2009-04-16, 23:39   Link #4338
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I'd say defence would be it's weakness.This if you have a chance to hit it.The shield is somewhat reliable though.
Old 2009-04-17, 00:04   Link #4339
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Has anyone considered that legs would be used for vector thrusting?....
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 00:08   Link #4340
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
Has anyone considered that legs would be used for vector thrusting?....
They can be used for vector thrusting, but we usually see more thrusters on the MS's main body than anywhere else.

In the case of 00's MS, they hardly even have vector thrusters, as they can manipulate the direction of thrust of GN particles in their GN fields.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote