AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-07, 10:04   Link #461
KingofWac

Ok, I've had this game for a little over a week now and can say it is the most fun I have had playing gamecube in a while. I am totally loving the 4 player mode with my brother and friends. The only thing that bothers me about it is the targetting can be a little annoying sometimes but its toleratable once you get used to it. It is also frustrating when I am not able to turn around and my opponent gets a free shot on my back.

At first I thought this game was mindless button mashing with A and B and then throw in the occasional X but the more I played it I realized how in depth it is. I love how each character is very unique to play and has a completely different feel. I played so much I have every character unlocked now except Sharingan Sasuke which I will have by the weekend :-D

My brother has gotten absolutely insane with rock lee, pulling off these ridiculous combos. It was really frustrating when I thought the person who just waited for the other person to attack had the advantage, because throws do so little damage, however we just recently figured out how to bounce people in the air after a throw to do some serious damage! This has made the game a whole lot more interesting.

Speaking of insane combos!!! This is what my brother did to me with Rock Lee (he opened 1st gate already): if i remember correctly he threw me into the air opened 2nd gate ran up to me did an up+b (double kick) twice while i was in the air then right before I hit the ground he did ura renge!! LOL I think that combo can take off a full 100% since ura renge does so much damage. Rock lee is such an awesome char because ura renge lets him come back from almost any situation.

I play with Gai a lot just because his special is so freakin hilarious and it humiliates anyone who dies to it. I love finishing my opponent then sneak up on one of the other 2 who are fighting and pull it off. Nothing beats a gay hug with Gai roaring lmao! I recently picked up shikimaru which I think is probably one, if not the best character. He is insanely fast, can pull off infinite combos, teleport, and much more! We will probably end up banning him soon because hes so cheap along with Akamaru.

Talking about this game makes me so excited I want to play right now but I am at work
KingofWac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 10:27   Link #462
Shousha

Send a message via ICQ to Shousha Send a message via AIM to Shousha Send a message via MSN to Shousha Send a message via Yahoo to Shousha
if only i could get my hands on a GameCube.... and on this naruto game.
goddamit, i can't wait till friday.... paycheck time!

forgive my ignorance but, is this game american or japanese? where can you find it cheaper??

*is planning on buying it on friday*
Shousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 11:48   Link #463
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shousha

forgive my ignorance but, is this game american or japanese? where can you find it cheaper??

Um, it's Japanese, so you need a Jap or Universal GCN to play it. You probably find it cheap if you got a used copy somewhere, personally I used playasia.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 12:43   Link #464
Shousha

Send a message via ICQ to Shousha Send a message via AIM to Shousha Send a message via MSN to Shousha Send a message via Yahoo to Shousha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Roberto
Um, it's Japanese, so you need a Jap or Universal GCN to play it. You probably find it cheap if you got a used copy somewhere, personally I used playasia.
crap! >.<

somebody at work is selling me an universal Xbox, but the i won't be able to play halo 2 online

shimatta!! shimatta!!!! grrrr.... will some U.S. company listen to my plead?? I NEED NARUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Shousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 13:41   Link #465
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

you only need a freeloader or action replay to play Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2... and btw... it is a Japanese game... but you don't really need to understand the language to play it... it's a fighting game!
Old 2004-07-07, 13:42   Link #466
kakashilion
has big feet

i'm looking to buy a naruto game. I'm all sorted on the freeloader and i have a gamecube and a playstation 2.
I don't want one on the GBA or one with too much interactiveness cause i can't understand japanese. SO one of the fighting games would be good. Problem is that at the moment theres sooo many. I think i have a choice of

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 1/2
Naruto: Narutimett Hero 1/2
Naruto
and i think theirs others.

Anyhoo i was just wondering if their was a better one or if someone could just briefly say something about each one. That'd be great. I'm gonna be buying at playasia but if anyone knows a better one please let me know. Thnx.
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 13:54   Link #467
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I ordered Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 from playasia... they sent it in three days with UPS express delivery... so they ain't that bad imo... though people have had issues with them in the past...

I would highly recommend Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 over the current PS2 one... simply because... Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 is fast, very addicting, four players, and easy to learn... Naurtimett Hero's graphics are lacking imo... and it's very slow compared to the Gamecube game... though it does have multiple super animations... but that doesn't make up for the powerstone like gameplay...
Old 2004-07-07, 14:30   Link #468
FreakyEyes

Do NOT buy Gekitou Ninja Taisen 1, it's like a demo version of Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2. It only has less characters & other stuff, so there is little reason to play it now as there is Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 15:14   Link #469
kakashilion
has big feet

ok i think i'll buy Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2. Just to check before i buy : i'm buying it from playasia.com and it says "Compatible with Game Cube. For JAP/Asian systems, use Freeloader for other."
I bought my Gamecube in UK so before i go spend quite a lot of money i just wanted to check that a freeloader will definately work with my Gamecube and this naruto game.

So basically just wanted to check that i can play japanese games on a European Gamecube using freeloader. Can i?

oh and thanks prince of chronics and freaky eyes for helping me out.

EDIT -> anyone who uses playasia.com is it wort having the shipping with the tracking? or is there any preffered choice. You can have airmail or courier and then various companies like UPS and TNT oh and then boxes or bubble packages.

Last edited by kakashilion; 2004-07-07 at 15:25.
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 16:05   Link #470
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

check the freeloader link I gave a couple of posts ago... it has a good description... it says that it will play any region games on any gamecube... and I believe it was made in the UK anways...

in regards to playasia... as I said before, I got UPS express delivery... I did get the tracking just so that I know where it's at while it's being delivered to me... also you can check the weight out of the package... and you can confirm that with the weight of the package that playasia tells you... it's all a matter of convenience...
Old 2004-07-08, 12:47   Link #471
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:

Japanese but you can find english translations on the net.
Old 2004-07-12, 06:42   Link #472
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Japanese but you can find english translations on the net.
I just recieved my game in the post today.

Are there any translations for the PS2 game, since thats what I have.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 08:19   Link #473
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay

have you tried it dude?? is it cool??!?!?!?!?!?! tell me!!!! sorry... im being desperate...

waahhh!!! im waiting for Naruttimet Hero 2!!!!!!
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 08:38   Link #474
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byakurasengan
have you tried it dude?? is it cool??!?!?!?!?!?! tell me!!!! sorry... im being desperate...

waahhh!!! im waiting for Naruttimet Hero 2!!!!!!
Waaaahhh!!! I can't!!!! I have to wait till the weekend before I can play it.

Thats when im getting mt PS2 chipped.
But I also got Onimusha 3 and Way of the Samurai 2 Today so I guess they will have to do me until the weekend.

Im also waiting for the second Naruto PS2 game.

Edit: Onimusha 3 FREAKING ROCKS!

Last edited by shinobi_shay; 2004-07-12 at 14:51.
Old 2004-07-12, 18:10   Link #475
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:

Sorry the one i was talking about was the GameCube one.
Old 2004-07-12, 20:35   Link #476
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

Quote:
Waaaahhh!!! I can't!!!! I have to wait till the weekend before I can play it.

Thats when im getting mt PS2 chipped.
But I also got Onimusha 3 and Way of the Samurai 2 Today so I guess they will have to do me until the weekend.

Im also waiting for the second Naruto PS2 game.

Edit: Onimusha 3 FREAKING ROCKS!
oh man.. how many quids does it cost?? waaahh!!! i need naruto now!!

man, you've got cool games..
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 06:01   Link #477
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byakurasengan
oh man.. how many quids does it cost?? waaahh!!! i need naruto now!!

man, you've got cool games..
Well the game cost $59.00, so thats around £39.00, plus free delivery.
I got it from LiK-Sang.com.

But to get my PS2 modified, and for someone to do a good job with the latest chip, its gonna cost around £70.00.

And now im thinking of going all out and buying a DVD burner, and just download all my games.

So in the long run ill save mega quids cause I buy a new game nearly every fortnight.
Old 2004-07-13, 09:42   Link #478
Shinigami
Shiki Fuujin

Quote:
crap! >.<

somebody at work is selling me an universal Xbox, but the i won't be able to play halo 2 online
!
this isn't totally true, if he has a switch installed to bypass the modchip, then you can still play online. witha legit copy of the game
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 09:46   Link #479
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
The Haku and Sharingan Sasuke link doesn't work
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 18:28   Link #480
cos-sasuke
Sasuke-cosplayer

Wow lookin great ^^
Really good i followed it a while ago the game but never played it but looks awesome
cos-sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote