AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 10:34   Link #321
P99

Being a Pro-Soccer player would be pretty cool, but since there is only a small chance of that happening being a general surgeon is my back up plan
Old 2009-07-30, 17:42   Link #322
Kytherno
12th Supernova

I'm aiming for something, nearly anything video game related.

I'm already pretty decent at graphic design, decent at math/Algebra, and I can understand AI a little bit. I've already created one game, although it was very simple, i think i can grasp the idea of it if i were to work hard enough at it and study. I'm still kind of young though. Or I could stick with the art design for some games because I'm a little handy with GIMP, I could probably stick with using PS after some experience with it. I'm hoping to get PS before I even start my first job so i can do some pretty neat things.

I might also consider being a video game tester, mainly because my sense of games makes it hard for a game to give it a perfect score. Besides, i have no biases when it comes to video games. And I'd be able to test games before they hit the market. I'm not sure what the pay is like, but it wouldn't be a bad idea of a first job for me.

And if none if that works out, I might stick with being an author. A lot of my teachers love my writing work, and when i read it to people, they seem to really like it. I'm not much of a story writer, but poems are where I excel, or so I think.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:53   Link #323
mit7059

Wellll I'm in engineering school so I would assume I plan on being an engineer, but I am terrified that I will hate being an engineer so I would say my back up plan would be become a cop. Or joining the army. Or getting an MBA. Or becoming a hobo.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 11:32   Link #324
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I'm actually having quite the dillema choosing my career before for most of my life I thought I wanted to be a doctor but after careful thought I began thinking I'm quite laidback and carefree and being a doctor requires hard work and it is very stressful as well as the person having someone's life in their hands and making a mistake can end it all. However being a game designer is less work I'm already quite imaginative, playing games is a big fun part of my life, I'm good at art and story telling and I dont like to be under stress also the pays between game designers and doctors is quite similar.

So I have a dilemma although game design seems like the obvious choice it is very hard for me to make a decision the courses I chose to take for GCSE can lead to either one.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 01:49   Link #325
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
An engineer to support my family.

But then again, I want to improve my skills being a self-learned pianist and all, and I do hope to create my own melodies someday. If ever I get tired of work, I usually turn to my black-and-white-keys and that settles the mood pretty quick. So yeah, a musician by myself might work.
Old 2009-08-11, 01:54   Link #326
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
I work partially as a simple graphic designer but I plan to make comic books and comedy stories in some time in the future.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 02:54   Link #327
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Something along the lines of Art, or the Classics. I doubt I'll be supporting a family so I'm not to worried about a job, hopefully I can make my hobby a job.
Somehow I think my family name will end at me.
Old 2009-08-11, 17:05   Link #328
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I was aiming for something in and around professional photography but thats on hold for the time being as the current economical climate means i've no chance of affording both the cost of living and college.

Which sucks =I

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 20:28   Link #329
DidCart

I'm in college. I want to be a journalist.
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 20:35   Link #330
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

I REALLY want to write for a living but unfortunatly its not exactly A lucrative career unless I have the success that most POP-fiction writers have now but I really want to write what I want to not what will make me rich sooooo its all good
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 10:51   Link #331
Le Zeep
lazy cartoonist

I've been thinking about being a mortician while in college since I'm not scared of blood or dead things. But my sisters friend is a mortician and she says it's hard to find work because most funeral homes are family run and won't hire any body D:

And if anthropology isn't my thing maybe I'll be a lawyer
Le Zeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 11:10   Link #332
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

Location: Where it's circular on the outside and high in the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Zeep View Post
...it's hard to find work because most funeral homes are family run and won't hire any body D:
Well the body has to be a living person...

Bad pun is barely a pun...

Anywho, I want to be in a band, as a bassist.

My two passions in life: God and Music. I want to live my life in a way that glorifies both, and even have music glorify God more. That's the best way I can see myself spending my life.

However, forming/finding the right band...that's another story...
MadModBassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 14:40   Link #333
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I am still trying to find my career but I hope to be a writer or script doctor one day.
Old 2009-08-13, 14:53   Link #334
Umandsf
Fanboy of Ai Haibara
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Umandsf Send a message via MSN to Umandsf
I wish I knew what I wanted to do. I'm one of those who's willing to do anything, and choosing one thing in any area or genre is hard for me to do, since I want to experience it all.
Umandsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 18:32   Link #335
FadedSunrise

Probably lawyer...although I really wouldn't mind accountant. I'm not very fond of either, although I'd be more inclined to accountant if possible because I'm fond of numbers and feel an odd sense of accomplishment working with them. However, my parents are really pushing the lawyer idea on me, and I've always been too obedient of a child for my own good.

I'd like to be a translator if I were to have fun at my job.
FadedSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 18:39   Link #336
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
Wellll I'm in engineering school so I would assume I plan on being an engineer
Haha...same situation as me. I like the idea of being an engineer. I just wonder if I will actually enjoy being an engineer, year after year. In terms of pure enjoyment I would like to study translation or music...but I'm drawn to the challenge of engineering study.

One weird thing about me is that I actually like writing tests ^^; Having a lot of tests instead of writing essays is also another reason I may have gone towards engineering.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 23:51   Link #337
Cipher

Some High Positional Political Office.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 17:30   Link #338
Dreamtale
Recursion...

IT... So sad and simple about me
Dreamtale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 00:22   Link #339
Mon Cheri