AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-28, 14:53   Link #581
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
i read the manga verison of this series 2nd season it
pretty good
The manga version isn't of the series' 2nd season. Depending on which manga you read, it's either a standalone story set during the first season or a story which bridges the first and second seasons. (In other words, it takes place after the first season ends but before the second season begins). If the manga you read was finished, then you read the standalone story. If the manga you read is not finished, then you're reading the seasons' bridge story.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-09-28, 15:37   Link #582
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Wooo, the woman looks awesome. The man gives me the impression of having a really scary contractor ability so the team of those two will surely be awesome.
Yeah, looking at them these two characters have some really cool potential.
Old 2009-09-28, 22:20   Link #583
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
As much as I liked the series, idk if it'll be as interesting as it's predecessor. Oh well, it's the only series I'm looking forward for this year so let's hope for the best.
Old 2009-09-29, 19:31   Link #584
tresor

First Pressing of the $400 special edition sold out a while ago

Wow, that is some nice money for BONES.

"Thinking the worst of people," not really hard, BONES canceled this show, accept they found out they were doing a lot better than breaking even on it, it does not get much dumber than that & this is what these people do 24x7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
As much as I liked the series, idk if it'll be as interesting as it's predecessor. Oh well, it's the only series I'm looking forward for this year so let's hope for the best.
awesome take, I agree
& Caprica in early 2010, the relationship between Zoe & Lacy is hot, hope they don't spend a lot of time on anything else. The 2 fathers are also pretty OK, but everyone else basically sucks. Both Eick & Moore are back because all their other current projects failed, grrr, they want to concentrate on Caprica.

I think a lot of the consternation about the language & subject matter above can be reduced to this, Hei is a really bad guy.

The first episode title sounds great, I wonder if Mao is getting wracked in a horrible way

I like the a lot of the woman characters in DtB, Yin, Amber, Masaki is OK.
But I loved these woman that they did not have in all that frequently, which was a mistake, considering how long Wei was around
The first woman from the first episode, I think Winry from FMA, then Mai, who was the best. Havoc was better than average. The crazy chick that ran around waving her arms from the behind the gate episdoe was great. That blonde guy from that same episode was also great.
Crazy Alice's Chinese restaurant chick was really great.
The girl (I think the chick that was Renton from Eureka Seven) with the different colored eyes from the Amber (I think was that great chick from that great anime AIR) episode was great
November 11 was pretty good.
The woman that the old guy liked was also really great, I think her name was Shihoko, until they lamed her out & turned her into Akari Shinohara at the end.

& some huge losses.
They killed the Amber/Bai story at the end, all the evil stuff they did + a possible call back to HAVOC. + Mai story, I think was supposed to do with the gate in Africa & Heaven's gate etc.

So that is just a lot of great stuff, just off the top of my head.

& I Love to HAte Hei. Hei has the potential to be the best bad guy ever, don't give up on him!

Thank you, for pulling all of this great information about Darker Than Black together here.
Old 2009-09-30, 16:12   Link #585
Katapan
俺様祭り

I don't think this has been posted here yet, but you can already hear what the ED will sound like here, starting from 4:39. The link was posted on Jpopmusic forums.

This certainly doesn't resemble HOWLING too much, which was to be expected for an ending. But this isn't a bad thing by any means, and I can see the song working as well as the first season's endings by the end of every episode. I was originally looking for a preview of the OP by Stereopony, though... maybe we'll get a longer CM including the song after certain MBS shows end their run tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:05   Link #586
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I really like the new song and I think it fits an ending perfectly. Very nice since I loved the opening songs for the first season but didn't really like the ending songs.
Old 2009-10-01, 18:52   Link #587
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
This is definitely my most anticipated title for fall 2009. Misaki, Hei, & Yin are cool.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-01, 20:37   Link #588
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Ok.... i love ABS, when i knew about they getting the ed i couldnt stop me from thinking.... they are going to make a balad... and i was right
The song doesnt sound bad, but i prefer them in rock mood.
Whe can also hear a little bit of the op....and its, like i guessed to... very girly and pop...
You can hear it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTo-Y...e_gdata&fmt=18
Old 2009-10-01, 21:16   Link #589
Omniscient

A new commercial aired today after Basquash and it featured the opening song by Stereopony.
It's pretty good 25 second clip, and I already like the song more than Namida no Mukou from G00.
Old 2009-10-02, 20:36   Link #590
jedi423

Fansub wiki has the episode count listed as 12+4, which presumably means OVA's. Anyone know where their info came from?

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2009
Old 2009-10-02, 20:41   Link #591
Envoy
SacrificeSheep2God

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=119808
Old 2009-10-05, 09:56   Link #592
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I just finished the first season. And now looking forward to the next season. Too bad it's just 12 episodes, wish it is longer
Old 2009-10-05, 21:56   Link #593
dear4life
Contractor

I remember, in the first season forum, everyone thought there was only 13 episodes too. And they were right; however, each episode had two parts. which gave us actually 25+1. I wonder if it is the same with the second season?
Old 2009-10-06, 05:09   Link #594
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Apparently there's "word" on a Japanese blog somewhere that it would be 12 episodes, and there will be 4 additional bridging episodes on DVD/Blu-ray release. And no, they're no longer using the 2 part format apparently.
Old 2009-10-06, 05:50   Link #595
Envoy
SacrificeSheep2God

http://guy-oh.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-09-28

Apparently from some kind of Aniplex preview thing. Lazy translation:

Old 2009-10-06, 20:18   Link #596
Xburnout
Cake>Pie.

I don't usually post on these forums but when I found out there's going to be a second season of this anime I had to.

This anime, while slow at times, is one of my favorites, I love the character Hei and just the premise of the powers from the gates is cool. I hope they go into more detail about the powers and how people obtain them.

I just learned about this second season and it's already about to air, I can't wait. :P
Old 2009-10-06, 20:47   Link #597
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
http://guy-oh.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-09-28

Apparently from some kind of Aniplex preview thing. Lazy translation:

Well that news about it being a continuous story actually makes me look for forward to this even more.
Old 2009-10-06, 23:14   Link #598
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I hope this time they do explain the contractors origins and gate etc
Old 2009-10-07, 07:12   Link #599
Joe_fh

Yeah the continious story won't be a bad thing - infact I think they can explain things better that way. Though I'll probably miss the little two episode arcs since they were part of the charm of season 1. One thing I don't like though - only 12 episodes...

Oh btw guys any idea who'll be doing fansubs for this one?
Old 2009-10-07, 07:46   Link #600
dear4life
Contractor

Quote:
Oh btw guys any idea who'll be doing fansubs for this one?
http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2009 scroll down. There are a lot listed to sub it.

Last edited by dear4life; 2009-10-07 at 07:58.
Closed Thread