AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 14 17.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 10.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 11.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 6.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 14.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-10, 22:40   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 27 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 27.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-10-11, 03:33   Link #2
Archer

Recap with some completely out-of-place spoiler material.

The only redeeming aspect of this episode was the opening.
Old 2009-10-11, 04:38   Link #3
TadloS

Even though episode was mainly recap I still loved it. This episode shows how awesome Brotherhood is. All this epic moments, awesome animation and superb soundtracks just shows how amazing this series is.

New OP is great.

Also liked new ED. Girls never can be bad. And Winry sure matured since first episode. She really looks pretty.
Old 2009-10-11, 04:55   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's not a bad recap episode, though i don't even see why we need a recap episode.

The new OP is pretty damn brilliant, especially for those awesome Kimbley and the Briggs' Fortress characters scenes.
Old 2009-10-11, 05:02   Link #5
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Are they not wasting time by doing a recap episode. For future episodes they will cut some scenes of the manga. Quite pointless
Old 2009-10-11, 05:05   Link #6
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not a bad recap episode, though i don't even see why we need a recap episode.
Agreed, it's not that bad for a recap and had a good bit of focus on Hohenheim, and I certainly enjoyed the new opening and ending.
I would have thought though that they'd save the new OP/ED for a non-recap episode, especially given all the spoilers.
Old 2009-10-11, 05:30   Link #7
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
Are they not wasting time by doing a recap episode. For future episodes they will cut some scenes of the manga. Quite pointless
Seriously. Why waste time on a recap when it looks like they'll be condensing an entire volume into episode 30? I really don't understand BONES here. And it's really annoying, considering they were doing so well with the last few episodes.

As for the OP, it's pretty slick. Though it's probably got more Ishval stuff than it needs. Not that I'm complaining about all the Kimblee-ness.
Old 2009-10-11, 06:07   Link #8
Jarmel

Well it looks like I was unfortunately right about it being part recap. What were they thinking putting the recap here when they are almost done with the damn arc.

They did a great job animating the OP and while I dislike the song, it fits pretty well.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2009-10-11 at 06:43.
Old 2009-10-11, 07:05   Link #9
Kirarakim

I haven't watched the episode but it gets a 1 for wasting time on a recap episode when they could have used this episode not to rush through at least one plot line in the earlier episodes. What a waste!

Can someone tell me if any new scenes were from the manga because if not I am skipping this.

On another note I do like the opening and ending at least (but there is a pretty big spoiler in the opening).

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2009-10-11 at 07:31.
Old 2009-10-11, 08:05   Link #10
Ziziphus
Whatever

Oh, I should’ve known better than to have faith in Bones so soon...>_>

So instead of a filler ep we get a recap ep, which is in no way better (or maybe worse) than a filler one. Haven’t seen the subs yet, but I doubt this ep would add much to the story or character development at all. Actually, I don’t really mind a recap but why, why should there be even one in the first place? Save this space for the Ishbalan wars, or some better stuff in the manga, dammit! Well, at least the music is very good.

Btw, I loved the new OP, both sounds and visuals. The ED sequence is not bad, but too much Winry-focused, even though I like her, I would prefer an all girl ED.

@Kirarakim
I wouldn't be surprised if more ppl give this ep a 1, although I'll wait for subs. The only new scenes in this ep are anime-original, the rest are recaps, which take up most of the ep.
Old 2009-10-11, 08:06   Link #11
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

LOL

Massive OP spoiler is massive...
Old 2009-10-11, 10:00   Link #12
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

The opening video is really awesome but not the song. Haven't yet seen the full episode and ending...
Old 2009-10-11, 12:09   Link #13
davie

I like the new op.

ed is good too

btw, it's winry centered, just like 1st FMA's 3rd ending
Old 2009-10-11, 12:46   Link #14
Vicious108

I was wondering why there was no Winry at all in the OP. Guess it was an equivalent exchange since she hogged the ED all to herself. Well not that I'm complaining, as it is a pretty cute one.
Old 2009-10-11, 13:12   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
something random
Spoiler for from the opening sequence:

Spoiler for blazblue:
What's your point? I've seen that attire a huge number of times over the years.
Old 2009-10-11, 15:02   Link #16
solomon

First time on this show post

Im a huge fiend of the manga and a BONES freak. The director is doing a great job and the new animators have equalled the previous series in visual quality.

Rather odd place to put a recap, kinda messes up the flow.

Great to hear Unshou Ishizuka as Hoenheim, great fit.

I didn't like Sukima Switch's OP at first but it really grew on me, it's probably my favorite so far. Plus a lotta cool new characters in the OP, yay! The ED is good.

It's only gonna get more crazy from here on out!
Old 2009-10-11, 17:53   Link #17
hero147

Was the little girl in the beginning who asked Hohenheim to dance, Trisha?
Old 2009-10-11, 18:26   Link #18
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I think we're missing the point here. This was not really a recap episode. Instead it highlighted previous scenes we've seen in order to drive home a point (rather heavy handedly) that even though humans lose a lot, we manage to get back up afterward.

This was important character development for Hoenhiem, but also for us because:

Spoiler for Major, Major spoilers for next episode:

I remember getting depressed at this point when reading the manga. I guess this was a preemptive inoculation to remind us that it's "always darkest before the dawn".

Personally I think it's out of place and should be done after the next episode, and that's probably how I'll watch it when I get the DVDs. But I understand the reasoning, so I gave it a 7.

PS: Opening isn't that big of a spoiler because of lack of context. Only "spoiler" I see becomes more of a Red Herring considering present non-manga readers knowledge

On the other hand I think the Ending would have even more of an impact if they had saved it for next episode or the following one (depending on how they break the story apart).
Old 2009-10-11, 19:07   Link #19
neothe0ne

To everyone saying the new OP + ED would be better next week: Maybe Bones didn't have a choice? The OP single comes out on October 14th and I imagine it wouldn't sell as well as Augusta(?) wants if it dropped before the anime did.
Old 2009-10-11, 19:09   Link #20
Rika24
EdWin, Royai, & RoyEd Fan

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
i did not enjoy this episode at all. i gave it a 2 just because i loved the new opening.

showing Ling with the Homunculi will have a lot of anime-only fans confused at first (for those that noticed him there). the fact that a large part of the opening was showing the Ishbal flashback made me think that they'd put a lot of time into that part, possibly even a small episode arc, but NOOO we get one episode when this recap could have been used for at least a two parter.

i'm angry because aside from the Roy vs Lust fight, the Ishbal flashback is my favorite part of the manga so far. yay for Olivier finally making her anime debut though (even though it's just in the opening for now), she's one of my fav characters so i've been waiting for her to show up
Closed Thread