Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-18, 15:41   Link #21
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
How about Basquash! ?

I didn't like this anime though, but that's mostly because I hate mecha, even if it's mechas playing basketball ..

There's also Maria-sama ga Miteru and Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. But I've never seen either of these so I can't be 100% sure as of what Rie's role is in them, but she's one of the main leads.

Then there's Nabari no Ou, but there she is voicing a male .. Well it sure ain't tsundere.
Old 2009-11-18, 15:47   Link #22
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

I've seen Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu and am watching Purezza, and I'm not into mecha sports either... (though I like mecha animes normally...) and unfortunately I'm not into Yuri so Maria-sama probably won't work out for me. I tried watching Nabari no Ou, but it wasn't able to keep my attention so I got bored and dropped it.
Old 2009-11-19, 02:26   Link #23
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbent View Post
I tried Gintama, but I felt like it was a combination between Bleach, Dragonball, and Naruto... not exactly my style. Plus, the whole endless episodes thing is a turnoff since I'm a stickler for closure (I dropped Bleach and Naruto if that's any explanation lol)
That is the worst thing I've ever heard. Here's the biggest difference - those three shows suck ass, and Gintama has zero bad episodes. It's also a pure comedy and has nothing to do with that action bullshit.

God, that comparison. Please never make it again.
Old 2009-11-19, 03:31   Link #24
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
That is the worst thing I've ever heard. Here's the biggest difference - those three shows suck ass, and Gintama has zero bad episodes. It's also a pure comedy and has nothing to do with that action bullshit.

God, that comparison. Please never make it again.
If I can jump in here a moment and ask a question about the anime in question.

I watched Gintama's first episode an didnt like it, the comedy seemed randomly thrown in (no sense of timing) and it really couldnt keep my interest. Does it get better, or is that 1st ep pretty much what its always like?

This is opinion of course
Old 2009-11-19, 08:58   Link #25
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

I felt the same way. I was only able to get a little more than half way through the first episode.
Old 2009-11-19, 17:04   Link #26
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbent View Post
On the Gakuen Alice... how's the romance/plot?
There isn't really any romance, other than hints here and there. The story's decent; it never made me need to keep watching for the next episode, but it was interesting enough. Mostly it's about Mikan trying to fit into the same school that her best friend Hotaru transfers to, where everyone has an "alice," which is some type of extreme talent or supernatural ability.

It occurs to me that Gakuen Alice is kind of like a magical girl version of Toaru Majutsu no Index. (Cue mental images of Touma in a sailor uniform.)
Closed Thread