AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-15, 06:28   Link #1121
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSong View Post
Somehow, I thought the ending was well done for a rushed ending. The girl retained their original zest from her kiss then push tactic.
This, only without the "rushed ending" thrown in. I thought it was okay for an interrupted ending. Now, if only the girls never lost their original zest, this manga probably wouldn't have had to end.

Why are people saying this was wrapped up in one chapter? We were suspecting the series would end when Kouta's dad came back two or three chapters ago. We saw this coming a mile away.

The age difference isn't so great that she couldn't and wouldn't wait for him for a few years. She said she would, so she would. She could very easily finish high school and go through college without a boyfriend. Given her looks and status, she's probably the type that's rarely approached anyway. Having someone she already likes only increases the chance that she'll stay single. When Kouta graduates high school, he could find her and confess again. She'd just be out of college, and the age difference wouldn't seem like a big deal at all by then.
Old 2010-01-15, 06:50   Link #1122
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Why are people saying this was wrapped up in one chapter? We were suspecting the series would end when Kouta's dad came back two or three chapters ago. We saw this coming a mile away.
Some who do knot know how it works, thinks that the cut happens very suddenly and assume it is in one chapter, but the truth is that the author knows that the manga will get cut a month before the last chapter, so he/she does have at least 4 chapters to wrap it up, rather than just single one.
Old 2010-01-15, 06:54   Link #1123
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Actually I started thinking it would end when Kouta admitted that he loves Natsuki in front of her blond-haired sister. The chapters after that were "just" there to bring the story to an end.

So the last chapter was pretty nice, although I don't like endings where the main characters part and promise to see each other again in the future. I'm kinda hoping to see an extra chapter. Some kind of epilogue including a reunion of Natsuki and Kouta.
Old 2010-01-15, 08:52   Link #1124
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

*sigh*

And so ends a most enjoyable manga. It had some really great potential too. Curse WSJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

Spoiler for final:
It really was half-assed. He's going to be regretting that he didn't take full advantage on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
shouldn't come as a suprise the ending is as lame and abrupt as that...
I think Kawashita could have done a little better. But maybe she hopes for or wants to leave the possibility, of a sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
She'd probably have better luck just going elsewhere. Try as they might, it just doesn't seem comics like this have a place in Jump.
Most agreed. Young Animal would be best for her, a lot less censoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Given that she only had one chapter to round it up, i think she did a pretty decent job. This might have worked out a lot better, too bad.

WTF CONAN´S GETTING CANNED?!
As previously said, she had more than one chapter to conlcude it.

And Conan is not getting canned. Go read the news about him, it's pretty messed up. Conan > Leno.
Old 2010-01-15, 09:15   Link #1125
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

concerning future works of Kawashita: it would help to know what the kanji in the last panel on the right side means, i remember at the end of hatsukoi there was something like "...look forward to Kawashita-sensei's next work" or something...
Old 2010-01-15, 10:33   Link #1126
mammothb

it was a ending that fitted the story. though it's one of those imagine your own endings but i definitely liked it.

looking forward to more works from kawashita (longer ones i hope)
Old 2010-01-15, 11:05   Link #1127
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ahah what an ending .
I thought it'll timeskip .
Oh well , we know how it'll end XD
That was a Kawashita's short work .

Give it 6/10 .
Old 2010-01-15, 12:24   Link #1128
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
concerning future works of Kawashita: it would help to know what the kanji in the last panel on the right side means, i remember at the end of hatsukoi there was something like "...look forward to Kawashita-sensei's next work" or something...
I think it was just announcing the release dates for the volumes.
Old 2010-01-15, 16:21   Link #1129
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Well, sort of sad that it was over. I don't really know if it had more potential if it could have continued, I think it would have been an even more awesome series if it was longer.

7.5/10
Old 2010-01-15, 17:19   Link #1130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sure it was rushed, but yeah i really like this last chapter, along with the warm fuzzy ending, along with a cliffhanger one. It's really sweet actually.
Old 2010-01-15, 18:22   Link #1131
Irie

I thought the ending really did a good job of demonstrating everyone's feelings. It also seemed like the point in the story we anticipated for a time-skip. Regardless of cancellation, she needed to present a more realistic relationship. The age difference is too great given how young our protagonist is. Even the kiss gave me a bit of a pause although in hindsight appropriate for the situation.

Personally, I'm sorry to see it ending. It wasn't great in it's current form but given a few changes, could have become interesting. Glad we did get a quality concluding chapter with the potential of a future story.
Old 2010-01-15, 18:47   Link #1132
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Crappy end to a mediocre series.

I give this series a 2/10.
Old 2010-01-15, 19:26   Link #1133
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I didn't like the ending though. IMO, it's a bit rushed and if it was possible it can still go on without ending it like that. But they made it sure that something could happen but *sigh* they should've just continue instead.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2010-01-15, 20:01   Link #1134
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
She'd probably have better luck just going elsewhere. Try as they might, it just doesn't seem comics like this have a place in Jump.
Agreed. Jump is obviously more gauged towards Shounen readers (hence why its called Shounen Jump) and Seinen, rather than Shoujo or Romance manga.
Old 2010-01-15, 20:01   Link #1135
Somnus
Eh?

Ugh...I don`t know what to feel about that chapter. I`m happy he finally confessed, but I kind of wished he did it that night. Not to mention I wanted that extra page (at least) where they meet again. Oh well, here`s hoping for an extra chapter or two sometime in the future.
Old 2010-01-16, 00:40   Link #1136
mammothb

maybe she will draw some extras for the tankobon release? (hoping that they will at least meet once more)
Old 2010-01-16, 09:54   Link #1137
ipernorris

Retarded ending for a series with much potential. Well that's too bad, but let's move on!
Old 2010-01-16, 10:54   Link #1138
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
maybe she will draw some extras for the tankobon release? (hoping that they will at least meet once more)
I have mixed feelings about that idea. If there is even the slightest chance of a sequel, I wouldn't want any extra besides Kouta's new school exploits since the sequel will start when he returns x number of years later. But if there is no chance, bring on the epilogue.
Old 2010-01-19, 05:07   Link #1139
Muyasuki

I liked the series (I didn't like Chi being pushed to the side but under the circumstances and to me, the ending wasn't so bad. It felt very similar to the ending of Mx0 to me in that it just screamed "To be continued". Hopefully, she'll switch mags because seriously, her last two series (in my opinion) didn't deserve to be cancelled. . . they were just being read by the wrong audience.
Old 2010-01-19, 06:46   Link #1140
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
I liked the series (I didn't like Chi being pushed to the side but under the circumstances and to me, the ending wasn't so bad. It felt very similar to the ending of Mx0 to me in that it just screamed "To be continued". Hopefully, she'll switch mags because seriously, her last two series (in my opinion) didn't deserve to be canceled. . . they were just being read by the wrong audience.
She cannot switch the magazine and start working with the same manga. This title is already licensed so there is nothing she can do.

You could say well then change the name but there's always a risk that the company to which belongs the former title can sue Kawashita. And knowing Japanese court system there is a high chance of company winning against mangaka.

Such occurrences are rare but mostly because Mangaka's know better when to not risk to have their pants sued off them.

So really I would recommend you to not have much expectations to see Ane-Doki again (you can hope for one extra epilogue chapter with a time-skip I think) unless it still works with the same publisher just moving around to the different magazine inside the group but even then they will not recommend to work with the series that has been canceled and so far all mangaka's listen to that.

So I think you should just hope that a new work from her would be better (It will still be in JUMP I think), and grab more attention.

Because right now despite having great artwork Kawashita has a bad fame of her manga's having a very low survival rate, so whenever choosing from what manga's are to be cut from few items, they usually choose the one whose author is infamous for making relatively unsuccessful manga titles over the promising but struggling newbies.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen