AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-19, 19:40   Link #101
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjo
I dont like the thought of a filler arc, or even these unnecessary episodes, even if it's just one, please, show something relevant. I really like wolf of mibus idea though. Just give us something

And it suck mostly becouse

Man edit your post before the mods find out. You get banned if you talk about the manga in the anime episode thread, even with spoiler tags, so do it quickly.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 19:40   Link #102
Covenant

Hmm well I don't think they'll be unconcious when Naruto and team get back to Konoha. We'll probably see Rock Lee and Sasuke training, just a thought.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 19:43   Link #103
lotus_lee

Definitely the funniest anime episode I have seen in a long time. I didn't know Shizune could make so many Kage Bunshins.........but it makes her really cool though!
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 19:54   Link #104
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant
Hmm well I don't think they'll be unconcious when Naruto and team get back to Konoha. We'll probably see Rock Lee and Sasuke training, just a thought.

Do you honestly read the manga at all?
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 21:13   Link #105
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Do you honestly read the manga at all?
since this is an anime thread, he doesnt have to read the manga at all.

i dunno, im not saying the episode was the epitome of trash, but i dont think it was that good at what it was trying to do. for example the episode where naruto beat up and replaced sasuke in the begining i found much more funny.
i think the jiraiya in tub waiting for chicks could have been VERY funny, but instead it seemed forced to me. but thats just my 2 cents, if ya loved it ya loved it
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 21:52   Link #106
brightman
Ancient Member

The preview for Ep 98 is here: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naruto/story_f.html

So yes, it'll be back to the manga storyline.
Old 2004-08-19, 22:51   Link #107
FrostLich

I thought this episode was pretty boring but it wasent that bad. However, I still hate this episode for one paticular reason: It is delaying future episodes that may have great fights. I am seriously missing the episodes with good fights. Some may say that the sannin battle was a good fight but I personally found it boring. If this filler episode was placed anywhere else, i wouldn't of complained.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 00:00   Link #108
IntegraTypeR

Wasted my time watching this episode.
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 00:29   Link #109
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Man edit your post before the mods find out. You get banned if you talk about the manga in the anime episode thread, even with spoiler tags, so do it quickly.
Yeah, mod deleted it but it is still in your and Covenants quote.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 03:17   Link #110
Juice
Delete this account

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naruto/story_f.html

*points to link* Be happy guys it was just a filler EPISODE. No arc. The next episode will go right back on the track of the manga
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 06:02   Link #111
krem

It's strange to see those complaining about the disappointment of this episode feel the need to reply with caps and tell people not to watch the show, that's not clever it's just childish. Comparing it to the Manga has relevance in so far the anime is based on the Manga. This isn't like LOTR where serious compromises had to be made with in order to suit the big screen, with much missing. This is a weekly series, that has been running for nearly 100 episodes.

This isn't about Naruto bashing as this is the worst episode I have seen, I didn't say this was a continuation of poor episodes. What you need to get into perspective is that the anime will continue to follow the Manga (albeit slowly) and original episodes such as this do nothing for anime itself. Taking the LOTR example again, do you think people woud have minded if Jackson decided to create a filler movie, say with Frodo learning gardening, until the Two Towers was released?

The anime is not that bad, it's far from perfect, but I can't think of anime that has a complete level of perfection, even if I have seen many that come close. The reality is if you feel the need to have a discussion about protecting your anime so much, please do so constructively and with some level of logic. Ranting and raving with "naruto basher" is hardly productive, nor does it move the discussion forward.

As I have read, this was a one of original, and it will return to the Manga's story line. Funny how it's the Manga story line isn't it? Well in any case, it's a good thing, as what follows will be some seriously good entertainment. And that's what Naruto should be, good entertainment, I can forgive the odd episode here and there, and perhaps had I not read the Manga I wouldn't be so disappointed with the episode, but when you understand what they're delaying, then it becomes a bigger disappointment.
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 07:28   Link #112
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice
*points to link* Be happy guys it was just a filler EPISODE. No arc. The next episode will go right back on the track of the manga
This is a general reply to everyone who posted something similar. You sohlud be glad if they make a filler arc like this one (allthough this one was just an episode), being completely independent from the rest of the story so you can just delete it afterwords. Compare that to 50% of filler per episode when the anime catches up. I'd rather wait a few weeks extra for quality than having quality reduced every week.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 09:01   Link #113
Bakafool
The Green Beast of Konoha

Bah! stop complaining. The filler was a good break from the usual darkness of the series. Once in a while, it's good to have happy fillers.
Bakafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 09:12   Link #114
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

I just finished watching this episode, and ehh, not very good. On the plus side, the animation was surprisingly good, and at least they didn't create a new villain [After DBZ's Garlic Jr. I always fear this ]

Honestly, I wish Japan was more embracing of seasons and give Naruto a two to three month break instead of a big filler arc. The Naruto staff and animators need a break -- if they just keep going non-stop to Ep. 400 or whenever Naruto ends, it's going to start taking its toll. I mean, you try drawing Naruto and friends everyday and see if you still enjoy drawing them four years later. These guys deserve to take a break, and come back a few months later refreshed. That's why we have seasons in the West.

It would also help get all the Naruto fans here to find some other series on bittorrent. Everyone wins!
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 12:49   Link #115
FireBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko
It's NO LONGER a discussion...it's been a Naruto Anime bashing for GOD knows how long...and manga elitists on this forum starting to frigging piss me off! If you have NOTHING nice to say - don't say anything at all - or better - GO MAKE YOUR OWN NARUTO ANIME!!!!!!! It's highly annoying to read through 15 pages of trash, with people complaining about manga page ## in manga volume ## being done poor or wrong or whatever, HERE, we got filler episode, that has NOTHING to do with manga - and they are bitching AGAIN! I came to this forum to share joy that is Naruto: manga or anime, doesn't matter, all I get - 15 pages of bitching about one thing or another! Lighten up, people! It won't be perfect and so what! Stick with what we got!
Wow. Settle.

This thread is for voicing our opinions -- you people aren't going to change anyones opinions by flaming them or whining "OMG BUT TEH MANGA IS BETTARR!!1" and vice versa.

I think the episode sucked.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 12:59   Link #116
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
Honestly, I wish Japan was more embracing of seasons and give Naruto a two to three month break instead of a big filler arc. The Naruto staff and animators need a break -- if they just keep going non-stop to Ep. 400 or whenever Naruto ends, it's going to start taking its toll. I mean, you try drawing Naruto and friends everyday and see if you still enjoy drawing them four years later. These guys deserve to take a break, and come back a few months later refreshed. That's why we have seasons in the West.

It would also help get all the Naruto fans here to find some other series on bittorrent. Everyone wins!
Absolutely. I think all animes that are in danger of catching up with the manga counterpart should take seasonal breaks. It would raise the quality overall, and filler would be a minimum. Of course some filler won't go away, like the Konohamaru crap they added just to attract kids, but at least they wouldn't catch up.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 13:41   Link #117
eLstar
(^_^)v

Um...guys? Do you think if there is spoilers, that you NOT quote it and let me deal with it. Because I don't really like going back to your posts too and editing that as well.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 13:51   Link #118
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I say we should all invade the manga thread and start posting loads of bullshit about the filler eps! Yeah I know we don't know whats going to happen either but If we do It enough It might atleast start to irritate "them".

Dranz Im only joking btw.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 13:52   Link #119
Late
Peelo

AonE's version is out!

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Naruto_97_[7586BE00].avi.torrent
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 15:35   Link #120
evilryu
Elite Member

i thought it was ok eps, abit more insight (perhaps not kishimotos) on shizune...
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote