Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-09, 15:32   Link #13281
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
of course there would be problems, that's what the whole Hokuto arc was about remember in S1?
First of all, sorry about the edit.

Secondly, yes, I remember the Hokuto arc. I'm just saying that if humans were to discover the existence of youkai, there are going to be some people from both sides that would oppose human/youkai relationships. Tsukune and Moka might serve as a model for getting everyone to accept those relationships. Besides, what I'm saying is just speculation. I'm not taking it as fact.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 15:47   Link #13282
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Kurumu reminds me of Satsuki towards the end of Ichigo 100% right now.
Spoiler for Ichigo 100%:

And didn't Hokuto turn into a good guy by the end of his arc? I'm confused. He must be jealous of Tsukune's harem.
Old 2010-03-09, 16:32   Link #13283
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Ichigo 100%:

And didn't Hokuto turn into a good guy by the end of his arc? I'm confused. He must be jealous of Tsukune's harem.
Not necessarily, he still left with Kiria.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 18:57   Link #13284
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally Chapter 28 :

That was a good chapter .
They introduced 2 important guys in 1st subdivision of Fairytale . Well , the leader is a vampire , not surprising .
Lol first time that i saw Tsukune with so many differents face in one chapter ^^
Scared , Mad , sad , shocked , serious , cool ....

Anyway , Kurumu was so cute ^^ "I'm a girl , i'm scared and shaking , you could at least hug me a little" Damn Tsukune what are you waiting for ? ( Well , maybe he didn't want to be covered by blood )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 20:25   Link #13285
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Finally Chapter 28 :

That was a good chapter .
They introduced 2 important guys in 1st subdivision of Fairytale . Well , the leader is a vampire , not surprising .
Lol first time that i saw Tsukune with so many differents face in one chapter ^^
Scared , Mad , sad , shocked , serious , cool ....

Anyway , Kurumu was so cute ^^ "I'm a girl , i'm scared and shaking , you could at least hug me a little" Damn Tsukune what are you waiting for ? ( Well , maybe he didn't want to be covered by blood )
2 important guys? vampire? go and read season 1 NOW
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 20:28   Link #13286
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
2 important guys? vampire? go and read season 1 NOW
lol no kidding XD

Kiria is some sort of funky hybrid, to say the least he's not a vampire

And Hokuto is a human changed to yokai just like Tsukune.
Old 2010-03-09, 20:38   Link #13287
microgamer
Inventor of Tapping

^ could technically be a spoiler if you haven't read the first 'season', right?

Anyways, good chapter. I realize I underestimate this manga. The writing in the recent chapters have been quite fresh and unexpected, and even when you think it's going down a stereotypical route, there's something that brings it back to being entertaining again.
microgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 20:47   Link #13288
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol my bad ^^ I don't remember it .
I start to read the chapters after Gonzo's Season 1 , so when Tsukune was in ghoul .
Don't remember about things like that as that was a long time ago ( i did the same mistake with Thunder King in Air Gear xD )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 22:44   Link #13289
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Ichigo 100%:

That's why Both are my fav character... Poor Kurumu and Satsuki
Old 2010-03-09, 23:32   Link #13290
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
Well I feel bad for most of the girls though especially Kurumu since she will be hit hard when Tsukune eventually ends up with Moka. But that's just the way it goes with this kind of series.
Old 2010-03-09, 23:34   Link #13291
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
I really hope that doesn't happen to Kurumu.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 02:53   Link #13292
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ikeda will probably take note of those harem anime endings.

Spoiler for endings:

As for other characters suffering. Yes it's part of the manga culture, where we have our favs then boom he/she get hurt in the end and affects fans like us. But we gotta deal with it.
Old 2010-03-10, 07:51   Link #13293
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Heh...I guess I should have been clearer about that. I was thinking more along the lines of a societal issue. Human society wouldn't allow a human to be with a youkai and vice-versa.

Fong Fong was supposed to represent the coming together of the Wong and Miu families. Likewise, a Tsukune and Moka (or any one of the girls) pairing would bring humans and youkai together if they eventually have kids - going back to Jack Frost's premonition that Tsukune and Moka would change the world.

Yes, considering that the first condition still needs to be met. Although, I think that Tsukune will more than likely end up with a Moka with one merged personality at the end.
Well FriedRice I think that you are right by saying that a Tsukune X Moka parining, or any other pairing with Tsukune, could be considered as a symbol of brining humans and ayashi together.

Well considering the premotion of Jack Frost it's probably going to be Tsukune and Moka in the end.

Well from a sociological point of view a relationship between Tsukune and Moka (or any of the other girls in Tsukune's harem) is really considered a forbiden kind of relationship. I mean even if Tsukune is no longer a typical human the fact remains that in the R+V universe youkai's are the enemies of humans.

I think that it has been established during Kuyou's arc that what Moka and the other girls are doing is nothing short of betryal to the monster side. So if Tsukune and Moka (or any one of the girls) got together I wouldn't ne too suprised if a majority of youkai interpretreted it as a betrayal of some sort. The same would come from the human side of the equaition, in the case that humans have learned about the existence of monsters they would have a similar reaction as well, meaning that Tsukune and the girl he chooses to be with would probably be shunned by both sides, which would lead to them not having any place where they could live in peace.

In the case where Tsukune get's together with Moka (probably a merged form of Inner and Outer Moka), we have to take into considration what kind of reaction the vampires would have upon learning that one of their kind got together with a human. I know that acording to Inner Moka in this age vampires are free to love anybody, but at the same time vampires have a very high sense of pride, which might make them overreact a little bit upon learning that one of their kind has goten together with a mere human.

Well, basically I can't shake the felling that Tsukune's relationship with Moka is going to be some kind of ill fated one ... I'm probably overreacting about this, but I can't shake some kind of foreboding felling about it, especially considering that among the things that Jack Frost prophesized about Tsukune and Moka he said that both of them are dangerous as well as saying " I won't say that bad things won't happen if you are with them." , which makes me a little woried about what Jack Frost had in mind when saying that.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 08:41   Link #13294
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Spoiler for endings:

As for other characters suffering. Yes it's part of the manga culture, where we have our favs then boom he/she get hurt in the end and affects fans like us. But we gotta deal with it.
NEVER!

Ikeda has already broken the mold on Harem leads, he'll make a harem end work somehow!! Bring on the lusts of six wives!
Old 2010-03-10, 10:17   Link #13295
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... in which case I almost pity Tsukune

however, there are a few things that one has to keep in mind when it comes to the human/vampire relationships in this manga. One, even though I know it has been integrated into manga culture, the idea that a human+vampire love is forbidden is actually a western idea... and Ikeda-sensei doesn't exactly stick to standards Two, we can all agree that Tsukune is no "mere human", and something tells me he can prove it if needed. Third, even though we don't know who #3 is, Tsukune still has the backing of two of the three Dark Lords... and I'm pretty sure those Dark Lords aren't just in relation to the school but to the actual youkai realm itself

and as for the two facing difficulties.. c'mon, that's how a story works and is made more interesting. Facing difficulties, big and small, is something that's to be expected

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 12:09   Link #13296
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Pity? or Envy?
Old 2010-03-10, 12:13   Link #13297
yongshun

a little from column A and a little from column B

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 14:18   Link #13298
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Pity? or Envy?
Envy, I'd take Kurumu and help out everyone else while explaining that Kurumu's the only one for me...except the witches, I'd have me and Yukari switch bodies and then do Ruby since she seems to need it so much
Quote:
and as for the two facing difficulties.. c'mon, that's how a story works and is made more interesting. Facing difficulties, big and small, is something that's to be expected
While this holds some truth, Tsukune's situations are usually very hard...life-or-death matters for Kurumu and Mizore, personality and potential family problems with Moka (but personality in particular), youkai discrimination if he chooses to be with either Yukari or Ruby (and this also falls into his own goal of peaceful coexistence).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 15:51   Link #13299
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Spoiler for endings:

don't forget maburaho where the protagonist ended up having clones and all the females have one for themselves...
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 16:04   Link #13300
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Lets not forget Tsukune's vampire endurance, he'll be able to keep up with having multiple wives

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire