Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-11, 02:40   Link #2361
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
New Witchie Update on Humikane's site. Where's Selkirk?
Last time i checked, her name is Kanno Naoe based on google translate^
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 02:41   Link #2362
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Any idea if s2 will cover the same set of characters?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 12:48   Link #2363
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Any idea if s2 will cover the same set of characters?
yes, and confirmed that Junko Takei will also debute in S2.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 06:45   Link #2364
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Another one, I don't get the reference: Gundula Rall?

Hmmm...a mature woman---I like.

Also, has any0one actually compiled all the translations of these characters that Selkirk's done?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 11:54   Link #2365
RavenDrake

She's based on Günther Rall, the #3 Karlsland ace behind Barkhorn and Hartmann.
RavenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 05:59   Link #2366
Qikz

I've not read the rest of the thread to avoid spoilers, but once I'm finished Lucky Star I need something else to watch.

This worth the time? ^_^
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 06:15   Link #2367
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDrake View Post
She's based on Günther Rall, the #3 Karlsland ace behind Barkhorn and Hartmann.
I'm calling it now.

Someone is going to make a THREEsome!!

Also, ze profile of Waltrud Krupinski.

'harddrinking womaniser and a hedonist'

I look forward to seeing Waltrud yuri-pimping. Start with future Russian Air Marshal Route. Move to future German trainer. Then take advantage of Eila's friend while comforting her as she is sent a letter from Eila about marrying before settling for the bulldog. As we know, tsundere always wins.

And Kanno...

'Aleksandra reminds Naoe of her sister, who was especially kind to her when she was younger'

Welcome, Naoe. I don't even know who your Ace is but you shall quickly become to fanon, Barkhorn Mk.2.
Spoiler for If you know what I mean:

Spoiler for Or would this be continuing Fuso's proud tradition of charming European women?:

And while still on the new witches, wasn't Walter Erich's commanding officer and teacher? Then that means...
Spoiler for Who didn't see this coming? Time for Sensei/Student:

"I had just become commanding officer of the 7th Staffel of III/JG.52 when in March 1943 I first met Erich Hartmann. He was a child! So young, and that was when I gave him the nickname of "Bubi", or boy, and it stuck with him for the rest of his life. "

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-05-16 at 06:32.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:33   Link #2368
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Another Witch for the 502nd roster

Her name is Georgette Lemare.. or so they say..
Old 2010-05-21, 02:09   Link #2369
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

So, I was reading a review of Strike Witches and this caught my eye:

At least some characters (like the strong-willed one being a young, one-eyed adult) are less generic than others (like the "American" being a brash, well-endowed, and slightly less hateful Asuka Langley Sohryu).

I wonder if the guy even watched the show...
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 02:40   Link #2370
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
- Most "Reviewers" nowadays don't watch the show, but rather depend upon online summaries.

Case in point: I was about ready to beat the life out of one idiot who said Iron Man 2 villain Whiplash was "Silly" because he chose to use whips instead of machineguns--obviously the name 'Whiplash' failed to register on his radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy
Another Witch for the 502nd roster

Her name is Georgette Lemare.. or so they say..
- Dammit, I haven't even been able to sort out my list of the Witches that were out since Wednesday, and now a new one...nevermind, I'll have to work faster on updating these eventually.

BTW (Since nobody seems to have read my question): Does anybody have the old list of Selkirk's translations? I think his last one was the update on Helma Lennartz, or else I'm forgetting it.

EDIT: Eeeeh...Edytha Rossmann

Not bad, but I've got a bias because she has the same name of a relative of mine that I severely dislike.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2010-05-21 at 02:43. Reason: new info
Old 2010-05-21, 07:14   Link #2371
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
So, I was reading a review of Strike Witches and this caught my eye:

At least some characters (like the strong-willed one being a young, one-eyed adult) are less generic than others (like the "American" being a brash, well-endowed, and slightly less hateful Asuka Langley Sohryu).

Well to each their own I guess.. Frankly the character development for me was quite weak in the anime, dunno much about the novels though..
but yep.. the anime was short anyway.. at least all the witches were interesting ^^

Well Strike Witches is one of those shows that "people complain about when they're not really watching it." so yah ^;
Humikane's seems to be on an overdrive.. It's like he's making new witches every now & then ~
Old 2010-05-21, 09:47   Link #2372
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Most "Reviewers" nowadays don't watch the show, but rather depend upon online summaries.

Case in point: I was about ready to beat the life out of one idiot who said Iron Man 2 villain Whiplash was "Silly" because he chose to use whips instead of machineguns--obviously the name 'Whiplash' failed to register on his radar.

- Dammit, I haven't even been able to sort out my list of the Witches that were out since Wednesday, and now a new one...nevermind, I'll have to work faster on updating these eventually.

BTW (Since nobody seems to have read my question): Does anybody have the old list of Selkirk's translations? I think his last one was the update on Helma Lennartz, or else I'm forgetting it.

EDIT: Eeeeh...Edytha Rossmann

Not bad, but I've got a bias because she has the same name of a relative of mine that I severely dislike.
I believe Edmund Rossman. Erich's early mentor and another JG52 pilot. Wonder if he's planning to genderbend every pilot in that unit.

Still waiting on JG52 orgy.
Old 2010-05-21, 15:10   Link #2373
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Well to each their own I guess.. Frankly the character development for me was quite weak in the anime, dunno much about the novels though..
but yep.. the anime was short anyway.. at least all the witches were interesting ^^

Well Strike Witches is one of those shows that "people complain about when they're not really watching it." so yah ^;
Humikane's seems to be on an overdrive.. It's like he's making new witches every now & then ~
Shirley is not a "brash, well-endowed, and slightly less hateful Asuka Langley Sohryu"
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 21:57   Link #2374
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Heh heh heh...
Old 2010-05-22, 01:50   Link #2375
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Shirley is not a "brash, well-endowed, and slightly less hateful Asuka Langley Sohryu"
Shirley?...Something about being a mechanic and having breasts. Relaxes around a bit but barely has any screentime. Although I think Chuck approves. Somehow became Trude's lover in fanon over that one potato scene.
Francesca?...Dunno but she sleeps all day and she's a poor replacement for Hitler. Charlotte's sidekick.
Erica?- Shikamaru-ish?
Gertrud- Your average military disciplinarian and fanon thinks she's a siscon or harem lead (her wife, Erica, Yoshika, Charlotte, Minna. I even have a series of pictures where she is paired up with everyone)
Mio Sakamoto?- Drill sergeant nasty toned down to 20 but fanon has made her harem lead. Has some basis to be harem lead I suppose.
Yoshika?- Well, she's annoying but possibly most developed. The generic lowly, soldier who wants to do his/her duty and just help out. Fanon has flanderised her into breast-obsessed person.
Lynette- Yoshika's sidekick...with a anti-tank rifle. Yandere, jealous, lesbian sniper who in fanon competes with Micchan over Yoshika
Minna- Good cop officer, the nice officer etc. Mio's wife in fanon. Hates Perrine in fanon for obvious reason.
Perrine- Ye average stalker lesbian.
Eila- Extra for Sanya. Lolicon for Sanya and Yoshika in fanon.
Sanya- The nice, quiet, dandere type who sleeps all day. Along with Eila, possibly only straight couple in this show.
Old 2010-05-22, 07:40   Link #2376
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
I never really said that. I just quoted what you found lol

Maybe that guy who's review you found perceived Charlotte as such
I dunno.. that's the way he saw things there's nothing we could do about it...
or at least that was his initial impression or so..
Old 2010-05-22, 21:49   Link #2377
NinjaYali
Banned

Who do you think should get a cameo in the 2nd season?

I nominate Halsey, Nimitz, Yamamoto, Guderian, Macarthur and members of the Australian 9th Division (the guys at Tobruk who gave a massive fuck you to Rommel).

And hopefully one day, they will make a genderbend (after Fumikane is done with all of JG52)...
Clive Killer Caldwell
Richard I.Bong
One of the Tuskegee Airmen (Japan love their black girls right now)
Ivan Kozhehub
Old 2010-05-23, 22:26   Link #2378
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

I'd like to see Heidemarie, we need another Night Witch ^^
Old 2010-05-24, 17:19   Link #2379
Qikz

Just watched the entire series today, I thought it was really good. Lynette was easily my favourite character, then again she was British. Really looking forward to the next series, hope they keep the same characters though.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 03:11   Link #2380
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Just watched the entire series today, I thought it was really good. Lynette was easily my favourite character, then again she was British. Really looking forward to the next series, hope they keep the same characters though.
I kinda liked her as the sniper but other then that her real purpose is to be an extra for Yoshika in fanart.

I think a couple pf posts back, there was a discussion about how yuri was something made up by the fans.

Spoiler for All I can say is that this ain't fanart.:

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume