AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-02, 06:44   Link #101
MalakTawus

Quote:
then how come she was about to awaken this chapter if she wasn't infected?
Are you really asking this?
It's obvious that she was awakening cause she was at her limit and suffered a lot of damage from Prissy when she already was exausted.
Btw if her arm was infected why she didn't even try to cut it off?
It's obvious that Deneve isn't infected.
Old 2010-07-02, 07:01   Link #102
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Are you really asking this?
It's obvious that she was awakening cause she was at her limit and suffered a lot of damage from Prissy when she already was exausted.
Btw if her arm was infected why she didn't even try to cut it off?
It's obvious that Deneve isn't infected.
i never said her arm was infected but what I mean is the way yuma says "that uncontrollable yoki" (if anything from when she was hit in the leg may of caused her to be infected)

anyway if i'm wrong i'm wrong just saying what I thought.
Old 2010-07-02, 07:06   Link #103
haegar
mangaviking

saying what one thinks can't be all that wrong if ya ask me

anyways, I read it as Deneve nearly awakening, now that might simply have been because her YOki was neigh depleted from healing, but I guess it's totallyplausible that the destroyer's unique capacities might have to do with her yoki being in turmoil too. Maybe the destryoer only infects when it wants too though (the rods draw yoki and then take over) wheras the tentacles now where just set to "absorb" yoki and lifeforce and directly channeling it back to the destroyer's core without giving some unholy half-life to the "host"

Last edited by haegar; 2010-07-02 at 08:04.
Old 2010-07-02, 07:23   Link #104
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Roflmao, I guess you're leaving out my Dauf idea huh

I still don't understand what that means: how can Claire absorb Raciella instead of the other way around? If their was a union, or Raciella takes over her....but when did Claire suddenly acquire that much power?

I only want people to think outside the box - things rarely go exactly how we predict, and Claire joining with Raciella or some other union sounds a bit too easy to figure out...it also doesn't help that some people are already calling these twists 'lame', as if they already know what is going to happen .

Talk about jumping the gun.

One thing I wish we could have is a darn thought-process - I wish we could hear what Claire was thinking so we could have an idea of what's really going on.
I wouldn't like it but I can understand how she could "absorb" the destoryer.

If we believe what the ORG said the destoryer basically has no will or intelligence of it's own, so what would happen if you add to that empty shell someone with a strong mind and will there's every chance that that strong mind will take over the destoryer and become the dominant personality, all that remains to be seen is what will Claire become if she takes over.

Last edited by Newhope; 2010-07-02 at 07:46.
Old 2010-07-02, 07:46   Link #105
Slick_rick

I enjoyed the chapter a lot. I think the two other faces are most likely Teresa and Ophelia too. It would be a nice twist at the very least. I don't however hope that Priscilla dies here or anytime soon. Though I also don't really see how Yagi can logically get away with her not dying in this situation. Neither Clare nor Priscilla seem liable to give up on killing the other now that their so close. They are too much alike for their own good. I do wonder where the story heading after this and if it can survive without this storyline being kept open.

P.S. I miss Riful...
Old 2010-07-02, 08:07   Link #106
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The face looks like Ophelia...but her being there makes no sense so I think it's Rafaela. The middle could be Teresa, but since Rafaela is there, I think it's Luciela. And the right is definitely Clare. They look different because the thing is moving.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:21   Link #107
greyhame6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I also don't really see how Yagi can logically get away with her not dying in this situation.
only 3 ways that it can end (i think) without either one dying:
1. raki's influence could stop the bloodshed (he doesnt have to appear in person for that to happen; any small event can trigger either of their memories & make em stop).
2. interruption by some new power/group of outsiders (miria for instance. its unlikely that any single entity is powerful enough but a bunch of em...or all of em might be able to. unlikely though).
3. either one of them might just stop on their own. clare's actions have multiple influences so the sole goal of that flood may not be priscilla's destruction (last works spoken by clare sounded more like rafaela speaking) and priscilla's mind is a tad unstable. she could stop just as she began.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:27   Link #108
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhame6 View Post
1. raki's influence could stop the bloodshed (he doesnt have to appear in person for that to happen; any small event can trigger either of their memories & make em stop).
2. interruption by some new power/group of outsiders (miria for instance. its unlikely that any single entity is powerful enough but a bunch of em...or all of em might be able to. unlikely though).
3. either one of them might just stop on her own. clare's actions have multiple influences so the sole goal of that flood may not be priscilla's destruction (last works spoken by clare sounded more like rafaela speaking) and priscilla's mind is a tad unstable. she could stop just as she began.
If Priscilla does survive it would most likely be number 2 but even then I can't see who or what. It's too soon for Raki to appear , Miria + Co are not strong enough to get in between Destroyer Clare and Priscilla.

Perhaps a new character? the DoD's?

I can't see Priscilla accepting to just stop so scenario 3 is not really likely and 1 is also very unlikely due to it would seem too random (unless yagi wish's to say now Clare + Raki have a physical connection due to his rods and clare being part of the main body & clare senses his at the org hq but again Priscilla wouldn't stop so thats out)

but by all accounts it looks like Priscilla may actually die here though to me it feels too soon so something big may be on the horizon.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:34   Link #109
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhame6 View Post
3. either one of them might just stop on their own. clare's actions have multiple influences so the sole goal of that flood may not be priscilla's destruction (last works spoken by clare sounded more like rafaela speaking) and priscilla's mind is a tad unstable. she could stop just as she began.
1:Could happen because both Claire and Priscilla have strong connection to him.

2:The problem with number 2 is the only group that in theory could have the power to stop the fight now is the DOD but why would they bother?

3:This is the most likely in my mind, Priscilla takes a strong hit and goes Loli mode again while Claire is struggling to control the destoryer.
Old 2010-07-02, 09:53   Link #110
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
1:Could happen because both Claire and Priscilla have strong connection to him.

2:The problem with number 2 is the only group that in theory could have the power to stop the fight now is the DOD but why would they bother?

3:This is the most likely in my mind, Priscilla takes a strong hit and goes Loli mode again while Claire is struggling to control the destroyer.
I think #3 is the most likely too, but if Priscilla lives, they will have to start the fight all over again in the future. Now is the best chance to killing Priscilla. If she does not die now, she would have to be allied with Clare to avoid fighting again.

Priscilla will be weak after the fight, so the Org might just send some Afs after her and finish her off.
Old 2010-07-02, 10:31   Link #111
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Looks like everything that I could possibly think has already been summed up.

Something about the Teresa in the middle of the pic bothers me. I mean, it looks right because she is kind of hiding behind Clare, out of reach...but if she is there, then why is Ophelia of all people to the left? Clare and Ophelia wanted revenge...but Teresa? I suppose whoever said it was Clare's view on who wanted revenge would be right in that scenerio.

Priscilla doesn't seem worried at all. We're most likely going to see some type of transformation of this mass of souls.

I don't think Deneve is going to die...why bother healing her at this point and kill her off later? Deneve's a survivor. Cynthia is starting to worry me, even though if she were to die it would have ended when she was chopped in half preferably...but that could have just been used to unleash The Yuma.

Idk where this story will go if Priscilla dies. The organization has Raki until proven otherwise. Only Clare and Pris seem to be strong. After this battle I doubt either are going to be in the best shape of their lives. It looks like a fight between the Abyssals all over again. This time the organization will be the clean up crew...AND they have the trump card. I can only assume that Clarice, Miata, Galatea, Tabitha, and Miria will be the ones to provide back up against the org's plans.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:09   Link #112
Nixl

If Claire fuses with the destroyer I wonder if that will that make her aware of Raki through his infection. I still cannot tell whether the infected are individual or a collect consciousness. It could also apply to the Hellcats.

I assume next chapter we will see Dlaire/Clastroyer's form. Let us just hope no cat hands will be involved.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:11   Link #113
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
If Claire fuses with the destroyer I wonder if that will that make her aware of Raki through his infection. I still cannot tell whether the infected are individual or a collect consciousness. It could also apply to the Hellcats.

I assume next chapter we will see Dlaire/Clastroyer's form. Let us just hope no cat hands will be involved.
Regarding your first paragraph its possible.

lol I think the cat hands were duaf exclusive. Beth didn't so Clare shouldn't
Old 2010-07-02, 11:22   Link #114
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post

That theory has come up before, and it would be a very practical or simple way to transition the story to Raki. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that all the infected are in one collect consciousness, I'd say that the destroyer has some connection to all of their minds. If it was a collect consciousness, it would mean that the destroyer's mind melds in with the others. Obviously, Clare is a different story because she got assimilated into the destroyer's body as well.
________
Blonde Tubes

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 06:08.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:25   Link #115
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfGray View Post
Cynthia is starting to worry me, even though if she were to die it would have ended when she was chopped in half preferably...but that could have just been used to unleash The Yuma.
Too make you feel better about Cynthia's odd of surviving.

I honestly think Cynthia might be safe (at least for some time) due to Yagi's last series (Angel Densetsu)... she is a copy to another character Ryoko Koiso very much in looks of her (though her hair was more often than not braided vs wrapped), personality is pretty close too (especially to her early character, major change in the character would be Ryoko Koiso would have been offensive than Cynthia's defensive but that is due to her father being a martial arts master and drilling her her whole life), and the expressions are almost spot on. BTW this character was the female lead (Ryoko Koiso), so not some minor role.

So I don't think Yagi would have brought her character design into Claymore if he planned to expend her. Ryoko, like Cynthia, hide much of her pain until she opened up after a defeat... so I only see Cynthia has having progressed half way though Ryoko's character design (that is if you minus the whole romance with main character bit), that said she's less of an exact match than Ikuno Shirataki & Clare but still she is a crossover character. So IMHO clearly Yagi kept her alive though Pieta and the events up to now since he likes her characters design. Hell, Yagi made her #14 so she would be the highest ranked non-captain thus causing her to escape Rigardo targeting. She was considered the main new addition to the cast for quite some time and is still a favorite of many (until Yuma and Dietrich arguably developed enough to rival her). If you look back at the older threads people didn't care much for Yuma or Tabitha until Yuma rescued Cynthia, and now that Yuma isn't so weak the Yuma punch is a mark of awesome rather than patheticness.

If Yagi will kill off anyone it likely won't be until the new cast has developed just a bit more, for example so everyone is on equal footing and people won't whine about being stuck with the new cast members over old favorites. Then it's anyone guess... cause clearly if the heads are going to role being a new character is just as risky as an old on in this series.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-07-02 at 11:43.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:56   Link #116
Nvis
Where are the good animes

For some reason, if Clare and the Destroyer become One, I picture her body with long hair.

Like Aizen's long mullet from Bleach and Hollow Ichigo that beat Ulq after a huge powerup.
Old 2010-07-02, 12:00   Link #117
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Spoiler for Image size:

vs IMHO the left face clearly has Ophelia's hair style. It even has that distinctive sharp > just above and below the temple. Clearly there is no hair in front of it's face so clearly it can't be Raphaela due to it being the wrong hair style.

vs vs Now it's harder to tell which of these three (others said Irene, so I'm including her here) it is however lets use some process of elimination. Luciela has really short hair in the front and all the rest of it is pulled to the sides, so even though the center part is right the hair on the sides is too long and not pulled to the sides... so Luciela is out. Now Irene hair is straighter than Teresa's and Irene's hair parts more to the side of her face and actually goes under her side hair, when Teresa's doesn't part as wide and even covers part of the forehead. While this image looks more wavy lets ignore that since wavy is debatable here due to the tentacles (due to lack of a better word). So the part will be our clue, clearly here the hair almost touches both eyes both next to and on the eye on the right the hair wraps around the eye. For Teresa this is common but for Irene her hair never wraps around the eye. Process of elimination leaves only Teresa.

Spoiler for image:
Here the hairsytles are outlined. The left hairstyle is short and choppy. This is in agreement with Raphaela's hair, not Ophelia's hair which is flat and pulled back in a pony tail. The middle hairstyle has a part in the middle and there is hair running off to the sides. This is Luciela's hair style.
Old 2010-07-02, 12:20   Link #118
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Spoiler for image:
Here the hairsytles are outlined. The left hairstyle is short and choppy. This is in agreement with Raphaela's hair, not Ophelia's hair which is flat and pulled back in a pony tail. The middle hairstyle has a part in the middle and there is hair running off to the sides. This is Luciela's hair style.
No wild bangs on your Raphaela interpretation (also that hair is extremely far from the face from where you drew the lines Is Raphaela going bold from the stress? )... so I just don't see it. As for Luciela the hair isn't a set of wings so they wouldn't be horizontal but vertical or at the very least blowing in the same direction, plus the hair pulled back on the left of the image connects to the front of the head not back/sides. Sorry, both just seem very incorrect IMHO.

Thanks for showing me what you see though ... I'm sure my psych professor will love our two view points if I was to show her these BTW I love your avatar more and more every time I see it
Old 2010-07-02, 12:46   Link #119
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

What annoys me the most is the overconfident attitude of Priscilla.. I understand she is a strong B!t#@ but hey, we are talking 2 #1 claymores merged and now with Clare/Teresa component added to them.

Given her unstable mentality she could be just a bragging brat who is about to get her butt whopped. I don't see how you Yagi could make the fused destroyer lose this battle unless it was due to the instability of its yoki.
Eitherway, enough drag Yagi.. more fast paced development :\
Old 2010-07-02, 13:22   Link #120
LONEWOLF13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
What annoys me the most is the overconfident attitude of Priscilla.. I understand she is a strong B!t#@ but hey, we are talking 2 #1 claymores merged and now with Clare/Teresa component added to them.

Given her unstable mentality she could be just a bragging brat who is about to get her butt whopped. I don't see how you Yagi could make the fused destroyer lose this battle unless it was due to the instability of its yoki.
Eitherway, enough drag Yagi.. more fast paced development :\
Meaby there is more about Priscilla that Yagi plants to tell like she has the best parts of Yoma in her body or meaby she had a special training from the Organization when she was still a human warrior.

I think the Organization dicide who gets the good stuff
Closed Thread