Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-30, 17:41   Link #121
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh god I certainly hope they don't do the arranged marriage scenario, I've actually come to really dislike that cliche.
I mean after all this time, Usui hasn't said a thing about it and it suddenly pops up and causes the usual unneeded emoness and melodrama.

It's like "oh Usui your the smartest person in the school and well probably smater than 90% of the population but your not smart enough to deal with your unwanted arranged marriage and telling the girl you like about it" yea real smart
This manga is stuffed with cliches already. I dont mind another one if it gives a girl rival for once. Because so far there is only a harem of guys rivaling for Misaki's attention (Usui is a clear winner but still) and we dont have even a single girl character to rival for Usui's affection.

It would change the tune at least.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 18:00   Link #122
Johnny
Working the bags...

I agree with Dark. So far it's been a sausage fest and only passing nobody girls on the street or wherever show any interest in Usui. I think tossing in a rival for Misaki would push her the rest of the way with her feelings. Nothing major or anything like that because we all know a Usui and Misaki ending is a sure thing. Although I think his brother will play that card next anyways since he other attempts have failed. Cliche yes, does it matter, no...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 20:34   Link #123
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
i agree i enoyed 54 but i hope they dont do the arranged marriage scenario
I mostly just want to see a female rival for Misaki.
Old 2010-09-30, 23:34   Link #124
LordDemon
Yami no Ou

Agreed on all counts. It's time for Misaki to face a rival of her own, even though Usui's affections will never be in doubt; however, it'll be extremely fun to watch Misaki stake her claim and fend off any competition.
LordDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 12:25   Link #125
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
dont get me wrong i think a female rival would also be such a good idea but there has to be something a bit more original than a arranged marriage.

maybe something like a girl who used to be a helper around Usui's house while he was living at his relatives and she was the only one who would try and be his friend and now she has come to find him.

this way it gives the idea to misaki that there is a likely chance of two way affection where a arranged marriage would just be one way at the most.
Old 2010-10-01, 13:00   Link #126
Johnny
Working the bags...

They did that already, well sort of. Expect Maria went after Misaki instead...
Old 2010-11-08, 04:12   Link #127
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Does anyone know at which chapter anime stopped? I really wanna continue reading the manga but I don't know where to start...?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 04:43   Link #128
Johnny
Working the bags...

It was kind of jumping here and there, but the last episode was chapter 32...
Old 2010-11-08, 05:25   Link #129
Used Can

I think it stopped at chapter 32, but if I were you, I'd probably re-read the manga.
Old 2010-11-08, 06:49   Link #130
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Thank you xxxx
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2010-11-09, 18:26   Link #131
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

I am sorry for being annoying but I have already finished reading manga that is available online. Is it true that there are already 59 chapters available? I only got to 55
Old 2010-11-10, 00:11   Link #132
Sol Falling

55 indeed seems to be the latest chapter available. Where did you hear there are 59? There are also a number of side story chapters which aren't counted in the main chapter numbering; maybe that's what they were talking about?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 06:52   Link #133
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Yeah, you're right. I saw it on one of the website 59 - ongoing...

I thought it was strange Can I ask where I can see when next chapters will be issued?

thx
Old 2010-11-10, 11:52   Link #134
Sol Falling

I believe the japanese raws come out around the 24th of every month, and while there's been some variation in the scanlators recently, give about a week or so for translation. New chapters should be available around the start of every month.
Old 2010-11-11, 16:19   Link #135
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Thanks for that... they should issue more chapters per month, rather only one...

AHHH just noticed... they cut their kiss in the Maids Cafe kitchen from anime!
Old 2010-11-11, 16:51   Link #136
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
Thanks for that... they should issue more chapters per month, rather only one...

AHHH just noticed... they cut their kiss in the Maids Cafe kitchen from anime!
What the heck you are talking about? That kiss in Cafe happened in the chapter that anime wasnt covering. It was not cut out. Simply anime ended before reaching that chapter.

What they did cut was the cute butler after scene, the second kiss in Romeo and Juliet costumes and half-cut the romantic scene when Mosaki visited Usui.
Old 2010-11-12, 04:32   Link #137
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

ok ok, you are right. They haven't cover it.
Old 2010-11-25, 10:43   Link #138
Kamonichan

I frankly don't see any female rivals in this series. At least, not for a while. The closest we came was Aoi-chan's "seduction," but we know how that turned out. (I personally kinda like the Aoi-Misa pairing and even drew a rather bad fan art of it, but it'll never happen.) But if Misa's relationship advances with Usui, then I can see a possible "A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE RING" moment. That could be fun.

But eventually I want to see more back story for Misaki. Because seriously, we know the bare minimum about her circumstances, and I want to see what she was like in the past and know more about how she developed into who she is. "Father left behind a mountain of debt" just isn't enough.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 04:16   Link #139
Sol Falling

I don't believe in a hidden fiance for Usui either, and don't really want to see a female rival in general. I think the romantic aspect of this series is already rock-solid and I believe that the class differentiation and conflict issues the manga is playing with might be just a bit more subtle than 'rich assholes interfere with true love'. The conflict I feel at play here with regards to Usui and his status isn't really 'who he is allowed to love' so much as 'the very meaning of his life'. Misaki stands for his happiness, whereas the Walkers stand for (the fulfillment of) his God-given ability and pedigree. From a romance perspective, the important question the latter force poses isn't so much "would another girl be more suitable" but rather "does love really have a place in Usui's life in the first place". We already know, for better or worse, that the only woman for Usui will always be Misaki.

Anyway, chapter 56. Ahhhhh what a cliffhanger. The next chapter is gonna be so good.

No real big developments, but for the first time really we really get to see Misaki completely forward-looking and open about their relationship, so the whole chapter basically coasts forward on this blissfully nervous soon-to-be-couple feeling. The anticipation is so satisfying. Indeed however the underlying tension with Cedric is still there, though. It felt like the whole Walker-family issue was (temporarily) resolved back in 54, but if the (seemingly probable) full confession from Misaki finally emerges after the next chapter, the trigger could be pulled to finally see what kind of hold the Walker family actually has over Usui.

Segueing from that train of thought, Usui has actually got some degree of financial independance hasn't he? Having part-timed at Maid-Latte for so long now. I wonder if he would be able to stick it out on his own in this way, at least through to the end of highschool (on the basis of his savings)? Aside from his house, what else might the Walkers possibly throw at him?

In thinking of Usui and Misaki's actual futures I've had a sort of revelation. Back when Tora first challenged Misaki's devotion to Maid Latte, asking if she planned to continue working there after graduation, I was stumped. Indeed, despite her passion for her work and friends at Maid Latte, given her academic standings, at the time I basically automatically conceded that Misaki should inevitably aim higher. Also, as a result of Usui's pedigree, I assumed a similar destiny (a golden future on the basis of prodigal ability) for him as well (hey, this is manga after all). But by now I'm seeing something different. I admittedly always thought that Maid Latte was a bit of an ancillary element, just another part of the series rather than a significant actual contributer to Usui and Misaki's relationship, but at this point I am considering that a Maid-Latte-ish environment/situation might be very suitable for a peaceful future together. An intersection for two people of rich and struggling pedigrees, a platform of common ground and equality beyond the passion which might drive them together. The only quibble is that I don't see the fundamental otakuism of Maid Latte playing that vital a part in the DNA of Usui and Misaki's relationship, so I might prefer to see that disappear wherever they end up. However, what I am seeing fairly surely right now is truly that the ritzy, socialite high life of the rich and elite is not for Misaki--she is too real and genuine for that. I would be glad to see Misaki sooner throwing off that looming 'other world' of status and pedigree which the Walker family represents altogether, persisting in her own way on her own merits, than ever stepping in and competing with them on their stage (elite institutions, conspicuous consumption, a world where real masters and maids must be taken for granted). The world that she lives in already, her family and friends, is good enough for both her and Usui as it is.

Anyway, on a final random note with regards to Aoi--we saw hints of it in the karaoke chapter, but the idea of it having been brought back now, I could actually really go for some Aoi x Honoka. They actually fit kinda amazingly well together, I am a bit surprised (they both have pretty rude and twisted moments of personality, Honoka also considers herself the number 1 cute maid of Maid Latte etc.; they'd make a pretty great pair in general lol). Looking forward to seeing if this ever actually happens.
Old 2010-12-09, 10:32   Link #140
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I don't believe in a hidden fiance for Usui either, and don't really want to see a female rival in general. I think the romantic aspect of this series is already rock-solid and I believe that the class differentiation and conflict issues the manga is playing with might be just a bit more subtle than 'rich assholes interfere with true love'.
What the heck you are talking? If you havent noticed most comments above you were about the lack of female rival for once. Because so far all we have rivals for Usui, and reverse harem for Misaki. And its boring. I think we want the female rival for Misaki. Its just you who doesn't.