AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 10:12   Link #501
witchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentAileron View Post
she has a name you know and it's Julie Gulie.
If this show wants me to care about the names of its characters, it needs to actually make them memorable.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 11:06   Link #502
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

So my question is, why did that old guy say there were no survivors? Did she escape without letting anyone know? Did she end up killing anyone back then? Are any of those adults linked to the children?

I want to know wat happenzzz.

edit:
By the way, anyone find it strange that even though these traps are supposed to be the same, why is it that the height of the traps don't make any sense to me whatsoever? If the original traps were intended for kids, then the height at which these arrows shoot out don't really make sense...anyone?
I thought Maurice did say that there were survivors as well

Since its a replica of the original ship i guess who ever created it new to adjust the traps
Old 2011-01-16, 11:18   Link #503
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

The first two episodes were nice. The animation is good, expected of Bones. Victorique and Kujou are very adorable, I like their design.
Even though the case looks very dull now, I think this anime is gonna be a good one.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 11:29   Link #504
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So my question is, why did that old guy say there were no survivors?
Actually, as he's pointing the gun at everyone he says there were survivors, and they'd be about the age of the people there (more likely about Julie and Ned's ages), he just doesn't know who they were.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 11:30   Link #505
Seihai
スマイリウム

I need to rehash my opinion, the crime stuff is actually quite interesting, plus the additional mystery feeling I got from the second episode. Also, Viki became even cuter. The preview for next episode looks promising as well. Nice.
Old 2011-01-16, 12:01   Link #506
strawberrypop

Great episode. I'm totally hooked on this show now. The mystery went off pretty fast, but the cliff-hanging ending got me waiting for next week's episode.

I like your icon, ars89. That was one of funniest parts of the episode.
strawberrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 13:06   Link #507
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's probably a good thing that the person responsible is likely with the group. Since otherwise wouldn't be able to even count on the radio in the radio room as being functional. No reason when getting revenge to give the people any chance of survival. Unless the person behind it is suicidal rescue should be possible. Also surprising that the old guy kept his sanity that long. Was ready to throw himself into the suicide boat and knows that someone wants to get revenge on him.
Old 2011-01-16, 16:08   Link #508
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

That laugh!
Vids
Ringtones
Animated gifs.

Want them all
Old 2011-01-16, 16:46   Link #509
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Second episode of this was really good. I love a good mystery series and Veronique makes it even better. I'm betting the woman is the one who started this. She looks a lot like one of the girls from the flashbacks and she did seem to stop when they were about to spring the trap.
Old 2011-01-16, 18:39   Link #510
Shyne

I am really liking this series more XD

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 18:53   Link #511
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Second episode of this was really good. I love a good mystery series and Veronique makes it even better. I'm betting the woman is the one who started this. She looks a lot like one of the girls from the flashbacks and she did seem to stop when they were about to spring the trap.
But is she strong enough to carry everybody into the other room? Could she have an accomplice?
Old 2011-01-16, 19:29   Link #512
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But is she strong enough to carry everybody into the other room? Could she have an accomplice?
I believe she'd be working with Ned. Not sure if he's another survivor or not, but compared to the other old men who were there, he isn't freaking out nearly as much.
Old 2011-01-16, 20:03   Link #513
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
That laugh!
Vids
Ringtones
Animated gifs.

Want them all
Oh, yes, the laugh! Definitely a win moment for animating this series.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 05:04   Link #514
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Oh, yes, the laugh! Definitely a win moment for animating this series.
i love her laugh... hohoho

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 06:12   Link #515
PzIVf3

[QUOTE=miroku2192;3440895]

Quote:
So my question is, why did that old guy say there were no survivors?
Its looks to me they using the children as a gambling tool like a death-match so that means the old guy must have connection to the gambling lords so no survivor can testify it.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 06:32   Link #516
Wakan Tanka

Roaxnne said in the beginning of episode 1, to prepare a floating box (=Queen Berry) and the 11 hares(=11 kids)...in order to save the world by saving someone...I guess that very person who survived 10 years ago..is doing this..and what Roaxnne said was before the kids killed each other....not before this incident..
Old 2011-01-17, 07:33   Link #517
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
Roaxnne said in the beginning of episode 1, to prepare a floating box (=Queen Berry) and the 11 hares(=11 kids)...in order to save the world by saving someone...I guess that very person who survived 10 years ago..is doing this..and what Roaxnne said was before the kids killed each other....not before this incident..
The only survivor i think of is the red dress and the passenger among them is the real killer (the old guy = knows where the hidden weapons and traps this guy must be hunting season for children) or the (whitedress not sure it but i think he's the 2nd survivor noticed he tells Kujo to stopped entering the elevator) the whole thing is a set up entrapment stage to refresh the mind of the killer.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 08:47   Link #518
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
From what Maurice said, there were survivors, although we don't know how much of the 11 kids survived. What we can deduce so far is one of them is definitely the Tsuruya-hair red-dressed lady, with the pendant/necklace as a very strong proof.

Next we have the Arabic maid from ep 1, I think she's also one of the survivor since it will give her a very strong motive to kill Roxanne who first prophesied to have the 11 children in the ship. Although it's not conclusive, we do see a similar looking girl in the flashback, and she has different nationality that fits the 11 kids of 11 nationalities bit.

Last we have the white-suited English guy...although there are some blond white boys in the flashback, there's nothing more to suggest that it's him. He does have a different nationality, as well as noticing some of the traps, so there's a chance for that, but that's about it.

Well, as it's obvious the one who engineered all these is one of those two survivors, the question is whether they're acting alone or are they accomplices? In either case, I suspect Julie a bit more, due to things already mentioned beforehand, like the doors and everything.
Old 2011-01-17, 17:49   Link #519
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If you look closely to the person dining near Victorique at the very beginning of the episode you will notice a white-dressed blond haired man eating. Next when they were knocked out he was obviously the victim of it as well so it couldn't have been the English man for he was a victim of the drugging as well. Unless there was another man dressed in white in the group.

Another thing, why is the red-dressed lady always the one discovering the different parts of the ship that freak out the others? She noticed the different wallpaper (she was even there before anyone else when the blackout occured). Why dint she go and stop the other men from trying to get on the lifeboat during the harsh weather? She just went straight to the (haunted room) instead of staying with the group. A non-suspicious person would have stayed with the group instead of venturing somewhere alone when there is a possible murderer out there wanting to kill them. Also why is she always taking the lead when the group stumbles with something? (When the route to the radio room was somewhat flooded)?

Why did they put other children of different nationalities together on board one ship only to have them killed of? I think it's to test if the fact they are from different backgrounds will actually affect how they work together. But then it turned out to be a bloody massacre between themselves due to mistrust in each other. Of course that's how I see it working with the fact they are from different nationalities.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-17 at 18:06.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 18:28   Link #520
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Why did they put other children of different nationalities together on board one ship only to have them killed of? I think it's to test if the fact they are from different backgrounds will actually affect how they work together. But then it turned out to be a bloody massacre between themselves due to mistrust in each other. Of course that's how I see it working with the fact they are from different nationalities.
I don't think it's just due to mistrust...after all, if all they want is an extreme trust exercise, they won't make the traps so deadly that there's nothing the kids can do no matter how much they trust each other. Also, I'm wondering about the part where Maurice says something about a hunting dog. Is it just a rambling of a madman, or did they put an extra person/murderer besides the kids there?

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen