AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 05:05   Link #661
-Breakthrough-

Didn't know Tokyo MX's station had ties with Tokyo's assembly/legislation. Looking through the anime that the station airs at ANN right now. FREEZING could be in deep shit, so with Panty and Stocking if Gainax wants season 2 broadcasted in the same channel. This doesn't sound good. The new policy on job applications cited on that article makes no sense either. "If you're an extreme otaku we cant hire you." Urgh.

Last edited by -Breakthrough-; 2011-01-31 at 05:38.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 05:43   Link #662
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
........okay now I'm back to this question again: will this bill really not affect fanservice? Because if the bill didn't target fanservice such as panty shots or even nudity, then why does the article posted by saya_leviathan specifically talk about mentioning "late-night anime that have panty shots and other kinds of risque depictions"? If the bill doesn't target fanservice, then why is there a problem with panty shots?
Old 2011-01-31, 06:36   Link #663
-Breakthrough-

Well, Vexx said this Bill's too vague, and apparently out of the tv stations in Tokyo that broadcast anime, Tokyo MX seems to have the largest ties to Tokyo's government. Everything I said about "not targetting fanservice" was taken from Kanemitsu's blog. But then again even he himself says its way too vague to pin point what this Bill's targetting. My bad on that part.

This is going to be even rockier than I thought. So much for me trying to keep some level-headed optimism on this.
Old 2011-01-31, 06:55   Link #664
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

First of, Tokyo MX rarely broadcasts 'risque' series unedited, especially not if they're really explicit. The only downfall is that this is a public channel and AT-X (where you'll usually find these shows uncensored) is not.

However, Tokyo MX is not the only TV station that show anime in Tokyo, so I wouldn't call it a huge loss as of yet.
Old 2011-01-31, 07:31   Link #665
saya_leviathan

Even though Tokyo MX would regulate the anime shows, there are still other nearby local channels like TV Kanagawa, TV Saitama and Chiba TV. So, yes, you can still watch Freezing.

But I find the new policy on choosing of their applicants discriminating.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 10:28   Link #666
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Even though Tokyo MX would regulate the anime shows, there are still other nearby local channels like TV Kanagawa, TV Saitama and Chiba TV. So, yes, you can still watch Freezing.

But I find the new policy on choosing of their applicants discriminating.
Here's the relevant question. If it was known in advance that Tokyo MX wouldn't broadcast a show like Freezing, which they bother to produce it in the first place?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 10:45   Link #667
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Here's the relevant question. If it was known in advance that Tokyo MX wouldn't broadcast a show like Freezing, which they bother to produce it in the first place?
Hmm, aren't the shows made by an animation studio then sold to multiple stations to broadcast?
Old 2011-01-31, 11:45   Link #668
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hmm, aren't the shows made by an animation studio then sold to multiple stations to broadcast?
No. Either the studio is on the production committee and obtains the slot or the production committee buys a time slot on a major station group before production begins. Buying a slot on TV Tokyo gets you a slot on a TV Osaka, etc. Or you can buy a slot on a group of UHF stations. (Tokyo MX is one primary stations of this group). There are two or three shows which have failed to get a slot before production started and they have all flopped horribly.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 13:14   Link #669
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
They can probably use others then: like Nakano Broadway, Oosu or Satte, Saitama.
Old 2011-01-31, 13:41   Link #670
Luk_008
Lelouch commands you!

Looking at MyAnimeList, I found this update:

Updated on February 1st
Tokyo MX denied the article of Weekly Gendai and stated that "We don't judge the job applicants by their liking for anime. Please apply to our company without hesitation."

Source: Tokyo MX official blog

[撃っていいのは撃たれる覚悟のあるヤツだけだ]
by Lelouch vi Britannia
Luk_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 13:45   Link #671
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Hopefully they are not lying about that.
Old 2011-01-31, 20:09   Link #672
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
the job application sheet may have the question, "If you were to take a foreign friend sightseeing in Japan, where would you take him or her? If the student were to write "Akihabara," the station might ask him or her to leave the application process.
I smell BS. Akihabara is historically and primarily a technology/electronics hub. It's only been a major anime/manga center for a little over a decade.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 01:32   Link #673
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

What is OYAPS ? It's CERO ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 05:12   Link #674
antigone

i wholeheartedly support the passing of this bill.

you may deny it now, but Ishihara might be the messiah the anime/manga medium is looking for!
antigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 06:08   Link #675
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigone View Post
i wholeheartedly support the passing of this bill.

you may deny it now, but Ishihara might be the messiah the anime/manga medium is looking for!
With the passing of this Bill, it could be even more difficult for creators to just create what they want without worrying about some thought-control law. If this Bill isn't met with any form of opposition, what made anime so unique will dissapear in years, all because creators wont be able to explore/create/write on themes that would give storytelling a huge spice into it.
Old 2011-02-01, 07:02   Link #676
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I smell BS. Akihabara is historically and primarily a technology/electronics hub. It's only been a major anime/manga center for a little over a decade.
Yeah but sight seeing in an electronics hub? Shopping in an electronics hub yes. Now sightseeing cosplayers, maid cafes and such, that would make sense
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 11:56   Link #677
Luk_008
Lelouch commands you!

Update from MyAnimeList:

News topic suspended!
Tokyo MX announced in the official twitter that the article of Weekly Gendai magazine is a fabrication. They have been making a strong protest against the magazine. Tokyo MX stated that they don't change their programming policy to regard anime as important and will keep on being a friendly broadcasting company to anime fans.

[撃っていいのは撃たれる覚悟のあるヤツだけだ]
by Lelouch vi Britannia
Luk_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 12:26   Link #678
-Breakthrough-

Whew...Glad it tuned out to be a hoax.

Last edited by -Breakthrough-; 2011-02-01 at 13:02.
Old 2011-02-01, 14:24   Link #679
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Anime like Seikon no Qwaser was unwatchable because of heavy censorship and people want BD/DVD sales but there's already exists an uncensored version that was premiered before then.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 15:47   Link #680
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Anime like Seikon no Qwaser was unwatchable because of heavy censorship and people want BD/DVD sales but there's already exists an uncensored version that was premiered before then.
In 360p, on the web. While better than the butchered censored version, it was only barely watchable with how grainy it was.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote