Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-02-07, 07:23   Link #61
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I can see you eating you words . I don't think Darui will die. He needs to survive to lead the new generation of Kumo. I have submitted to the odds that Aie and Bee will not live out the war, but they still gotta leave something behind for naruto to work with.

However i can see the other general Iwa dude dying
I more or less agree with you. Karui and Omoi do have a connection with Naruto and everything and while it is plausible Omoi or Karui becoming the next Raikage for some odd reason I doubt it. I guess it could be that Darui's leadership resume at this point is looking pretty impressive while Karui and Omoi hasn't done much of anything recently (unfortunately Darui hasn't done much of anything till now). We'll have to see. Maybe Darui is just being hyped up for this one battle and will be killed or maybe there is a reason why the Raikage passed his technique down to him.
Old 2011-02-07, 14:59   Link #62
GusGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Toriyama didn't make a mistake, it's standard that in shonen the main hero raises above all his friends.
I really hate when that happens; mangakas has the choice, they don't have to follow that "standard".

Why no let some important characters beat Pain's bodies while Naruto beats the main one, and then make clear that Naruto couldn't have won alone agains all the bodies at the same time? But no, Kishimoto made the whole village look weak and useless, because Naruto trainned for a few days and dominated something that took decades for Jiraya.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 20:07   Link #63
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Well, what I loved about DBZ were the ingenious dialogues, no, I even love them now!
I can't imagine DBZ without all the neat dialogues.
Old 2011-02-08, 13:10   Link #64
ChainLegacy
廉頗

So I've been reading Naruto off-and-on since 2004. And this is probably the most confusing the series has ever been. I understand there's a war, but so... many... characters... Unless you follow the manga every week and pay close attention it's really difficult to understand half of what is going on anymore.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 18:59   Link #65
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
So I've been reading Naruto off-and-on since 2004. And this is probably the most confusing the series has ever been. I understand there's a war, but so... many... characters... Unless you follow the manga every week and pay close attention it's really difficult to understand half of what is going on anymore.
Even if you had been reading it continuously from week to week, this arc would still be confusing. Many of them are just fodder characters whom Kishi felt compelled to give names to, and many others tertiary characters whom have been introduced already but we know nothing about.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 02:44   Link #66
james0246

Chapter 527 Thread has been opened...but no spoilers yet...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 03:17   Link #67
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I've been following it from week to week and it's nothing confusing to me. It's probably because you've been coming on and off.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 12:32   Link #68
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Actually, james made a point about that when he was around. The manga generates interest when it is really good or bad. When it's great, fans want to talk about it. When it's bad, fans want to complain about it. When it's just okay, there tends to not be as much discussion. Right now the manga is just okay. The two lightening rods, Naruto and Sasuke, aren't being focused on. The Konoha 11 haven't done much. Basically unless you are a Kakashi fan, there isn't a whole lot going on right now. Minor characters like Kankurou and Darui all of a sudden doing things aren't really going to excite the audience. But at the same time you don't see everyone complaining about the chapters like every week in the Bleach thread.

When something major happens in the war, like an actual meaningful death, or fighting with characters we care about, then the interest should go up.

As for Dragon Ball Kai, I thought I read that it wasn't as much to cut out any non-canon filler, as to trim down the padding. I never saw DBZ, but I read a lot of the criticism was the amount of padding episodes had. Like characters would stare and yap at each other for 10 minutes while they were floating up in the air before fighting. Kai was going to cut out the fat and get to the meat.

Agreed. I have no idea what is happening in the manga right now, but if the blond girl with the jugs continues to get air time and lots of it, interest will peak again soon.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion