AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-26, 14:08   Link #201
DrewGSR

LMAO, im seriously really enjoying this show even though some parts im just like WTF. I mean the mecha fights, i would be fine without those fights, at least they are really really short tho lol. I swear, the enemy mecha shows up and does some attack to Himeko and Chikane then boom Souma shows up to save and proceeds to beat the hell out of the enemy with like 1-2 special moves, he wins and fight is over. Like most of the people watching the series I prefer the love triangle and story between them over the mecha fights. This show is just great, I get off waiting to see Chikane get jealous, its hilarious. Can't wait for Episode 4, definately looks good and alot of tension snd jealousy going on.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 16:09   Link #202
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
LMAO, im seriously really enjoying this show even though some parts im just like WTF. I mean the mecha fights, i would be fine without those fights, at least they are really really short tho lol. I swear, the enemy mecha shows up and does some attack to Himeko and Chikane then boom Souma shows up to save and proceeds to beat the hell out of the enemy with like 1-2 special moves, he wins and fight is over. Like most of the people watching the series I prefer the love triangle and story between them over the mecha fights. This show is just great, I get off waiting to see Chikane get jealous, its hilarious. Can't wait for Episode 4, definately looks good and alot of tension snd jealousy going on.
Err...right now...the only reason I'm watching this is because of the Mecha and the Mecha fights....I know they're short >_<, but I like the mecha designs, Gangal's Megaton Knuckle is a must see for mecha fans =D
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 16:36   Link #203
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
No! We have to have those mecha fights! They are the funniest thing I've ever seen in an anime. Particularly because they are such an add-on. The show is about everything except the mecha fights. Then we have these tiny little mecha fights which parody everything mecha. It's hysterical how utterly disposable and pointless they are. It's hysterical how they are always settled with these huge and incredibly flashy special moves with incredibly long names! It's hysterical how Himeko and Chikane never pay attention to Souma when he's fighting.

Not to mention the whole "world is in danger" plotline. It's almost disposable since the show is primarily focused on relationships and characters. The plot is just a back ground to give them something to do while they worry about who loves whom. Take away the mecha and we'd just have the last two episodes of Evangelion.

Without the mecha fights this show would be just another Shoujou-Ai. With them, it's brilliant.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 00:59   Link #204
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Why was Chikane's head maid getting all fussy and mad about Himeko staying at her house?
Old 2004-10-27, 01:34   Link #205
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Why was Chikane's head maid getting all fussy and mad about Himeko staying at her house?
Because she was jealous! There's a lot of that going around, eh?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-10-27, 01:53   Link #206
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

The scenes with the head maid were funny, especially with the shitake mushrooms and the pajamas. I was lmao.
Old 2004-10-27, 02:32   Link #207
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
The scenes with the head maid were funny, especially with the shitake mushrooms and the pajamas. I was lmao.
I don't quite get the deal with shitake mushrooms and why the head maid was circling it like crazy. I can imagine them being rather expensive but that doesn't quite explain it all.
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 02:40   Link #208
Sharkbark
Annoying Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Sharkbark
Ugh... well I think this thread proves more than anything that 99.9% of shoujo-ai fans are male... with me being the lone .1% =P .

I'm really not sure how I feel about this show. I dislike mecha so I'm not interested in that aspect at all, though I do find it humorous. The romance in the first episode was really nice and I enjoyed it, but after reading that flute thing I'm pretty sure I can see where this is going. The shoujo-ai is most likely purely fanservice aimed at horny males, and I seriously doubt that the girls will end up together in the end.

*sigh* Is it too much to ask for a decent shoujo-ai? Marimite's the only one we've got, what with Yamibou having it's horrible ending.

Spoiler:

Well anyway I will probably keep watching it, in the slight hope that it will actually turn out semi decent. Also I have a personal mission to watch as many shoujo-ai as possible . Can anyone recommend a bittorrent thing that Static Sub will accept? It won't let me download with the one I have, and I'm kind of reluctant to change because I like mine...
Sharkbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 02:43   Link #209
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by daft27
I don't quite get the deal with shitake mushrooms and why the head maid was circling it like crazy. I can imagine them being rather expensive but that doesn't quite explain it all.
They aren't very expensive though they are tasty. She was circling the shitake mushrooms to remind herself that Himeko doesn't seem to like them. So that she can use them in many dishes and make Himeko's life awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbark
The shoujo-ai is most likely purely fanservice aimed at horny males, and I seriously doubt that the girls will end up together in the end.
Unfortunately they never do. I'm still waiting for an exception to that rule.

Old 2004-10-27, 02:49   Link #210
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbark
Ugh... well I think this thread proves more than anything that 99.9% of shoujo-ai fans are male... with me being the lone .1% =P .

I'm really not sure how I feel about this show. I dislike mecha so I'm not interested in that aspect at all, though I do find it humorous. The romance in the first episode was really nice and I enjoyed it, but after reading that flute thing I'm pretty sure I can see where this is going. The shoujo-ai is most likely purely fanservice aimed at horny males, and I seriously doubt that the girls will end up together in the end.

*sigh* Is it too much to ask for a decent shoujo-ai? Marimite's the only one we've got, what with Yamibou having it's horrible ending.

Spoiler:

Well anyway I will probably keep watching it, in the slight hope that it will actually turn out semi decent. Also I have a personal mission to watch as many shoujo-ai as possible . Can anyone recommend a bittorrent thing that Static Sub will accept? It won't let me download with the one I have, and I'm kind of reluctant to change because I like mine...
Hmm... it seems I'm one of the only people who consider Yamibou's ending one of the bestest anime ending of recent years

Kaishaku's works are always quite male-oriented I'd say... but then even those supposedly "shoujo anime" kind of "shoujo-ai" shows attracts hordes of males nowadays

For bittorent client, I recommend the latest BitComet
http://www.bitcomet.com
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 23:28   Link #211
TrueKnight

Maybe I'm the only one that hopes Chikane turns out to be a bisexual and Souma got both Chikane and Himeko in the end. Hey, maybe the author gonna make it like the previous manga she made...uh Cross Triangle I think. Where there's also a lesbian coupling and they've fallen for the male instead......if I remembered correctly..... . It was like.....a year or 2 years ago...

oh and was the mangaka Arisa Kurogawa (sp?) or something?

Quote:
LMAO LOL LOLLL The mecha fights are awesome. that's what made it unique in its own way..... But I have to agree with short fights reasoning lol lol....

Oh, btw, the Orochi stuff really reminded me of the King Of Fighters series by SNK (the 1996-1998 saga).. around 8 years ago when I was an Arcadeg-gamer freak.....No wonder the Orochi stuff brings de ja vu......it's exactly the same, wtf?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 23:51   Link #212
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Oh, btw, the Orochi stuff really reminded me of the King Of Fighters series by SNK (the 1996-1998 saga).. around 8 years ago when I was an Arcadeg-gamer freak.....No wonder the Orochi stuff brings de ja vu......it's exactly the same, wtf?
In case you didn't get it, Yamato no Orochi is a part of traditional Japanese folklore. It's one of the two best known of all Japanese myths. Consequently much media is influenced by it. KoF was influenced by the myth as well. Naruto's Orochimaru (who uses the sword Kusanagi - part of that story) is another example of the mythic influence and just as relevant as KoF.

Old 2004-10-30, 02:03   Link #213
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Love triangles are great to watch. But I got a feeling this going to a be a sad one. And if the opening is some kind of a clue on what going to happen in the storyline, there gona be time when Himeko and Chikane will fight each other.
Spoiler for screenshots ep 3:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 02:13   Link #214
Marine-RX179

This may be a little off topic, but what did people actually think of 'Steel Angel Kurumi' and 'UFO Princess Warukyure' which were also by Kaishaku?

I myself always think that the designs of the customs and the 'combat female characters' look really cool.....like 'Akidora' in UFO Princess looked awesome. 'Steel Angel Kurumi'......I have yet to read this manga, but it was so famous that even I don't know much about it, I just keep hearing the name of this manga popping up...
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 03:09   Link #215
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
This may be a little off topic, but what did people actually think of 'Steel Angel Kurumi' and 'UFO Princess Warukyure' which were also by Kaishaku?

I myself always think that the designs of the customs and the 'combat female characters' look really cool.....like 'Akidora' in UFO Princess looked awesome. 'Steel Angel Kurumi'......I have yet to read this manga, but it was so famous that even I don't know much about it, I just keep hearing the name of this manga popping up...
They were both cute and slightly funny, but neither was really very good. It seemed that they really only existed for the fanservice. This one is really much better IMHO. There's still a lot of fanservice, but it doesn't seem to be the main focus of the show.

Old 2004-10-31, 03:11   Link #216
DrewGSR

Ep 4 is out by Static Subs. Just finished watching it, i thought it was a okay episode since i was expecting more but still alright, unfortunately there wasn't any parts that had me cracking up this time, seemed like it was becoming more serious. I'm really liking the intro and ending songs, at first i didn't but it totally grew on me. Anyways im looking forward for the next episode of course, from the previews it looks interesting.

Spoiler:

Last edited by DrewGSR; 2004-10-31 at 04:27. Reason: Just finished Watching Ep 4
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 04:32   Link #217
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

zOMG

Quote:
Ep 4 is out by Static Subs, man can't wait to watch it, downloading atm. from the preview looks like theres going to be some tension and jealously and most likely there will be a some random mecha fight out of no where

I just watched episode 4 and WOW! Wow wow wow WOW! I love this series more every episode! It has so much sexual tension, and action, and lesbian innuendo balanced in such a precise, perfect way! Ahhhh its so wonderful! The episode leaves off at a cliffhanger thought!

Anyways for some episode specific discussion...

Spoiler for Ep 4:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 05:02   Link #218
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Spoiler for Ep 4:
Spoiler:
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 05:25   Link #219
ahmad

w00t episode 4 was great tsubasa is cool , maybe chikane might forget himeko and go after him
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 06:09   Link #220
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

episode 5 is GREAT for Oogami fans (like me)
Spoiler for episode 5:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri