AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-07, 03:51   Link #1461
magnuskn

Many, many thanks, karice.

BTW, re: that Yoshino interview, sometimes it's amazing how even the writer himself misreads a character. Alto certainly came off a lot less clueless than Yoshino talked about him. If you follow Yoshinos reasoning, Alto was dumb as a rock.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2011-03-07 at 04:35.
Old 2011-03-07, 10:08   Link #1462
AlaAlba

yo, welcome back Karice!
did you bring home some merchandises with you?
I want this one if you have it
Old 2011-03-07, 21:56   Link #1463
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
tadaima

ughh...don't get me started on the merchandise. I only managed to get the pamphlet, the SMS phone strap (which I probably wouldn't have bought had the other stuff been available) and the Sheryl hair 'scrunchy'. That earring strap was amongst the items sold out by the time I got there (grr!), along with this bag charm and key holder!

Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but unlike Nodame Cantabile, it seems like they aren't available online. If they were, I'd order them in a flash!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-08, 01:05   Link #1464
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but unlike Nodame Cantabile, it seems like they aren't available online. If they were, I'd order them in a flash!
Says who, Karice?

Though you should have rampaged through most anime commodity store (like animate or movic or anything!) and pre-order them before the movie officially opened... Currently, almost everything is in re-stocking and that one earring strap in particular will be errr... Restocked in April. Better than sprawling in auction sites though.

For more details on goods restocked in what month, here is the info. (For the guys overseas? ... Uhh, proxy service man, proxy service. :x)

(I haven't checked Rakuten in any case, so you should try that one Busy with applications atm orz Plus I'm holding off my desire to visit shopping sites... Is that my bank account crying this month? ;_;)

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2011-03-08 at 01:22. Reason: blech, grammar. >_>
Old 2011-03-08, 01:33   Link #1465
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Moved from the Romance thread.

By the way, and correct if I'm wrong raile, Yot-chan or karice, but, about that scene...

Spoiler for thesis on movie ending:

See how I come up with the thesis above from this?
You spent so much time on this, don't worry, I'll fav it when you post this up on fanfiction.net, I promise!
Old 2011-03-08, 02:01   Link #1466
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Am I still not allowed to have my thesis based on gathered information from the spoilers of the movie? That's kinda mean.
As I said before, if Alto was this emotionally meticulous, he wouldn't be Alto. Personally, I think you are behaving very similar to Ranka, wishing and hoping Alto to be something you want him to be, except he is anything but.

Nonetheless, you are certainly welcomed to have your own thesis.

I just don't buy it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-03-08, 03:35   Link #1467
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

LMK...

Spoiler for Ugh.:
Old 2011-03-08, 03:43   Link #1468
KaoruLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
LMK...

Spoiler for Ugh.:
Spoiler for movie 2:
Old 2011-03-08, 03:52   Link #1469
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Thank you! (hehe...knew someone here would be far more aware of these things then me...and you're right, having them posted to one of my friends there BEFORE I actually went to Japan would have been the smart thing to do...) Now to plot about how to get them...

Though darnit...is the bag charm not restocking...? That's the one I REALLY want.

=====

Quote:
Moved from the Romance thread.

By the way, and correct if I'm wrong raile, Yot-chan or karice, but, about that scene...

Spoiler for thesis on movie ending:

See how I come up with the thesis above from this?
Well, as Tak said, you are quite welcome to your own thesis. And I'm sure there are people who might well agree with you.

I'm just not one of them. But you (and everyone else) will need to watch the scene in question for yourself, so til then, that's all I'll say on the subject.

Also, my apologies if it seemed like I was just ignoring you (I really was going to reply when I got home today, if only briefly).

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-08, 03:58   Link #1470
vivitoru
Gunsam!

@LoveMeKags

Spoiler for movie:

Last edited by vivitoru; 2011-03-08 at 04:00. Reason: spoiler tag
Old 2011-03-08, 04:24   Link #1471
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Thank you! (hehe...knew someone here would be far more aware of these things then me...and you're right, having them posted to one of my friends there BEFORE I actually went to Japan would have been the smart thing to do...) Now to plot about how to get them...

Though darnit...is the bag charm not restocking...? That's the one I REALLY want.
Good luck on getting the goods you want~~ If you're staying for at least a week more in Japan, I think you could get the available goods you're targetting shipped with pretty little cost to free of costs and pretty fast~ (Last time I get my cousin to hold off my goods for me, she get it one day before the store release. So if you;re in Japan area, the latest the shipping can get is 1 full day :3)

As for the bag charm, I can only suggest you stalk the manufacturer (or sales agency) movic, and just hope that it will be a popular demand that it worth restocking for them. (Here is the Sayonara no Tsubasa goods page (not including the Bandai's manufactured goods). Other than that... Well, auction is the fastest (though definitely is not cheap. No wai. D: ) way to get it. And I think I saw a set with Sheryl's earring/earring strap.

/cough I swear this should be in Merchandise thread, but /

Old 2011-03-08, 04:29   Link #1472
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Spoiler for movie 2:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-03-08, 04:41   Link #1473
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@Natsuki
Let's move that conversation somewhere else ^^

====

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Spoiler for movie 2:
Er...if I remember what most people's impressions were correctly, it's quite plausible in the first movie.

====

On a slightly separate note, I think certain people need to watch episode 20 again.

And I need to stay OFF the forum.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-08, 05:04   Link #1474
yakisobapan

Finally got around to watching the movie yesterday, and I was greatly pleased.
While there seems to be mixed feelings about the ending among some fans, I thought that it was very well done. The love triangle was resolved in a satisfying way, and in contrast to the ending of the TV series, the ending left a quite deep impression this time around.

All in all, I can say that I enjoyed the movies more than the TV series, which is quite a feat since I loved the TV series aswell.
Old 2011-03-08, 07:44   Link #1475
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivitoru View Post
@LoveMeKags

Spoiler for movie:
Oh you sarcastic fool, you.
Old 2011-03-08, 09:16   Link #1476
Thess

Quote:
Said Yoshino interview is here. And just like someone else mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, I seem to remember seeing something about Yoshino on which girl Alto was leaning towards (for the TV series)... To be honest, based on that and something else that was translated around the initial broadcast of episode 17, I think Yoshino and Kawamori weren't all that different in their opinion on the triangle...
I'd like to think so too, considering the promotion merchandising too. ^^;

Quote:
This is just my impression (and it's a week old!) but if you really want to know...
Spoiler for the sunset 'date':

Spoiler for response:
Spoiler for movie spoilers:

Quote:
And does anyone happen to think that
Spoiler for Ranka:
This is the only thing that I partly agree on
Spoiler for spoilers:

Also... Kawamori asked the audience to watch Macross Zero to understand and get in the mood for the second movie.

Not the first.

Spoiler for spoilers:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-03-08 at 10:07.
Old 2011-03-08, 10:40   Link #1477
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakisobapan View Post
Finally got around to watching the movie yesterday, and I was greatly pleased.
While there seems to be mixed feelings about the ending among some fans, I thought that it was very well done. The love triangle was resolved in a satisfying way, and in contrast to the ending of the TV series, the ending left a quite deep impression this time around.

All in all, I can say that I enjoyed the movies more than the TV series, which is quite a feat since I loved the TV series aswell.
i hope it is...i am hoping to see more sheryl x alto...
is ranka singing aimo again? or DYRL....i hate when she sings that
Old 2011-03-08, 10:43   Link #1478
Thess

I hate covers. 'Nuff said. I know they are done for reference and nostalgia reasons, but I dislike them.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-03-08, 12:52   Link #1479
Tak

Quote:
You see how I get this thesis now?
Now you had me thinking.

When Ranka refused to sing in episode 17, I believe that was the beginning of a long-planned scheme, which would eventually cumulate to the total and utter destruction of the Frontier fleet.

And how she did it was absolutely brilliant. It was a multi-layered plan with numerous intricate alternatives that rendered the core of the plan itself nearly faultless!

First of all, she deliberately ordered the Vajra to attack, but disguised it so well that it would appear as if she was underperforming. Yet, so precise was the attack that Alto & Sheryl would be separated, leaving the princess to be under Ranka's influence. She then used the opportunity to spend a few moments of respite with Alto, but in the process, she was in fact planning her next step.

Realizing without the help of Valkyries, Klan would have to macronize in order to fend off the Vajra, Ranka then ordered the Vajra to attack the cloning chambers, and orchestrated the death of Mikhail, whose death Ranka knew, would trigger Klan's Zentran rage and leaving both Klan & Alto in a desperate situation to survive. Yet, at the same time, it would mean their attention would be focused upon the Vajra, and not the complexity of Ranka's plans. How she steered any potential suspicion of her intent elsewhere was absolutely brilliant.

When she finally decided to depart from the Frontier, she deliberately called Alto very late at night but had Berera hidden and ready for an ambush. Little did Alto realize this was another of Ranka's trap, and he was, as expected, ambushed by Brera in his VF-27, while enduring (powerlessly) the kidnap of Ranka. Lacking the means to salvage his already tattered masculinity, Alto had no alternatives than to swear vengeance against Brera. Ranka had expected this, and as later events would prove, the Frontier fleet steered right into Ranka's trap...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-03-08, 13:32   Link #1480
Tak

Quote:
But despite that, I'll still go with my thesis on the movie until I see the Blu-Ray and any extras on it. When I can prove it in facts.
I've seen what you do with your so-called facts, they are quite substandard and I am less than impressed.

Quote:
But honestly, think on it long and hard before you joke at me like that. It's kinda rude to me.
Hey pumpkin, you started it.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-03-08 at 13:43.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song