AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-26, 22:44   Link #141
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
For a couple reasons, this is all I can do. It's licensed, thus this can only serve as a preview to events in the novels. Secondly, I'm very inexperienced at translating a story, and thus chapter 9 with its 13 pages is perfect for me. So here it is: Chapter 9 of The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Final Part)

Spoiler:

Yes, that's all you get. Sorry to end it there, but that's all of chapter 9. Enjoy the preview and let's hope someone else continues along.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-05-26, 22:55   Link #142
Yumeka
Anime fan/Pokemon trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
For a couple reasons, this is all I can do. It's licensed, thus this can only serve as a preview to events in the novels. Secondly, I'm very inexperienced at translating a story, and thus chapter 9 with its 13 pages is perfect for me. So here it is: Chapter 9 of The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Final Part)

Spoiler:

Yes, that's all you get. Sorry to end it there, but that's all of chapter 9. Enjoy the preview and let's hope someone else continues along.

Thanks so much for the translation! Since it's chapter 9, I'm a bit confused as to what's going on but I get the general idea, especially about Yasumi =D Now I'm even more excited to get my copy~

~ Yumeka ~
Mainichi Anime Yume - my blog
Old 2011-05-27, 05:35   Link #143
typhonsentra

*Bows to Ultimatemegax*
Old 2011-05-27, 07:07   Link #144
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

those how get the copy. is there nothing to add to spoiler?

Old 2011-05-27, 07:15   Link #145
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
those how get the copy. is there nothing to add to spoiler?
I want to know too.

Spoiler for questions:

Last edited by virox; 2011-05-27 at 07:47.
Old 2011-05-27, 11:27   Link #146
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post

Spoiler:

Wow, for someone who is "inexperienced" in translating stories, that was really well done. God damn, Ulti... you're like a Haruhi crack dealer... that first free hit just ruins your life (jk )... I'm already going into withdrawal.
Old 2011-05-27, 12:25   Link #147
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Not to get off topic, but I've always wondered something.
Quote:
This mysterious first year student who acts like a construction worker immediately getting to work after knowing the plans and who always has this mysterious smile... who is she?
It seems like the Japanese do this a lot: describe something in a rather convoluted yet colorful manner. The announcers on Ninja Warrior talk like this too, and I'm sure I've seen it in other places. Does it just sound stilted and awkward because of the translation to English? Do the comparisons flow better in the original Japanese? Or are they just more accepting of this sort of thing over there?
Old 2011-05-27, 18:23   Link #148
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
Not to get off topic, but I've always wondered something.

It seems like the Japanese do this a lot: describe something in a rather convoluted yet colorful manner. The announcers on Ninja Warrior talk like this too, and I'm sure I've seen it in other places. Does it just sound stilted and awkward because of the translation to English? Do the comparisons flow better in the original Japanese? Or are they just more accepting of this sort of thing over there?
Converting the time traveller information was by far the most difficult portion of that for me compared to everything else. The metaphor does sound better in Japanese in my opinion, but there's other things that I did have to change to emphasize certain things.

Spoiler for details:

I'm curious if Tanigawa says anything in the afterword about the delay and future plans, so that's my priority now. After that, I'll be working on the final chapter and epilogue so I can answer any questions about those since they seem to be the most demanded information.

Finally, feel free to take my spoilers/translation and spread them around the net. That includes translations into foreign languages. It's more important to me that information is spread rather than waiting to ask permission. This allows us to begin discussion with all of the fandom.

9861 wishes to go! Go wish with Haruhi! Something good is bound to happen!

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-05-27, 20:31   Link #149
D-Gold
Aurum

thanks utli and I just made a wish so it should be 9860 wishes to go.
Old 2011-05-28, 02:59   Link #150
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Speaking of which, your prediction from four years ago sure turned out to be wrong, huh?
Tell me about it... ^_^
Old 2011-05-28, 16:28   Link #151
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

*also tips hat and bows to ultimatemegax*

All of these spoilers are really making me feel like I can't wait for a new season of Haruhi anime. This would be epic if animated.

I have a question for Megax though.

Spoiler for Yasumi:
Old 2011-05-28, 17:02   Link #152
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

if it were animated it probably wouldn't be animated until about a 4th season though, since there are still 3 books and a few short stories in between
Old 2011-05-28, 17:46   Link #153
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei View Post
if it were animated it probably wouldn't be animated until about a 4th season though, since there are still 3 books and a few short stories in between
Yeah, I know and I would guess the third season would animate one story from novel 5, three stories from novel 6, the whole of novel 7 and then probably novel 8's stories.

It's just that this would be more stuff that I really want to see animated soon.
Old 2011-05-28, 19:09   Link #154
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

If they did 28 episodes again they could probably fit in all the stories currently released to date.

Vol 9/10/11 would be half the season...
Old 2011-05-28, 22:42   Link #155
dnab
anime berkeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Vol 9/10/11 would be half the season...
It is quite likely that Surprise (at least) will be turned into a movie. From purely financial perspective, the publisher will not let a franchise this successful (and a proven cinematic otaku magnet) all given to the airwaves for free. It's the same people willing to burn 8 episodes on a summer loop just to time the Disappearance release. Same people who (possibly) delayed the Surprise release so they can coordinate simultaneous global (well, a few countries anyway) release.

The built-in expectation now is the "pleasantly shocking" announcement of 3rd season in the near future, more fan-abusive marketing, and a somehow coordinated release of the Surprise movie along with the next novel mini-climax. Like...what, in about 3 years?
Old 2011-05-28, 22:56   Link #156
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnab View Post
It is quite likely that Surprise (at least) will be turned into a movie. From purely financial perspective, the publisher will not let a franchise this successful (and a proven cinematic otaku magnet) all given to the airwaves for free. It's the same people willing to burn 8 episodes on a summer loop just to time the Disappearance release. Same people who (possibly) delayed the Surprise release so they can coordinate simultaneous global (well, a few countries anyway) release.

The built-in expectation now is the "pleasantly shocking" announcement of 3rd season in the near future, more fan-abusive marketing, and a somehow coordinated release of the Surprise movie along with the next novel mini-climax. Like...what, in about 3 years?
It better be not three years! I don't think the author can pull that through.. at least he shouldn't. As for the pleasantly shocking announcement, right now they are having this event of praying 14589 times with Haruhi, and if this is done, "something good is bound to happen". The novel already got released, so what could it possibly be, if it's Haruhi-related? Another rerun of EE? Well, the season would fit, but I hope it's related to new episodes, or another movie.
Old 2011-05-28, 23:31   Link #157
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they would need to do the third season first, then they can do a movie if they don't feel like making all of it for TV (or if they believe they can pull off a bigger budget as oppose to a fourth season or a long season that covers everything from post-December 21st to the end of book 11.
Old 2011-05-29, 01:13   Link #158
dnab
anime berkeley

We can assume, now that the new novel has hit the shelves, that the publisher, author, animators, voice actors, suppliers, international license holders....(it's a pretty big boat to steer, so timing is everything) are on the same page. They'll seriously crank the cash cow now. Not faster, but steadier I hope. Something like announcement...anticipation...leaks...build-ups....(curve balls)...TV...novel announcement...TV blu-ray...a chapter teaser...(more curve balls)....novel.... GOTO TOP. Endless H. Two months here, three months there, pretty soon it's another 3 years, 2 if they really push it, and 4 if something unexpected happens.
Old 2011-05-29, 01:58   Link #159
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnab View Post
It is quite likely that Surprise (at least) will be turned into a movie.
No, it's too long.

Disappearance is still, to date, the shortest book. It was a two and a half-hour movie.

Unless they want to release a movie trilogy of Dissociation and Surprise First and Final, with the same budget Disappearance had, it's not going back into theatres. Furthermore, while I can't speak much about its quality as I have not yet read it, I don't think Surprise would make a very good film the way Disappearance did. Nor would Intrigues, before someone else mentions it.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:06   Link #160
ijuinkun

I think that Dissociation/Surprise would make a good 13-14 episode arc however, so I would hope to see it as a season 4.
Closed Thread

Tags
haruhi suzumiya, light novel, spoilers