Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-09, 00:16   Link #421
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayoubi
flipping through chapter 1 of the manga i find the amount of added fan service surprising, or unless this is the first time i realized this the bathing scene of ep 1 is like non-existent in the manga.

the graphics in the anime is a lot more detailed and fuller than the manga originally.
The animation is wonderful in this show. I made an animated gif of Luna. To save filesize I have to throw out a lot of frames. Usually for an animated gif I discard 2 frames out of every 3 since they are duplicates. While making this gif I was only able to discard 1 frame out of every 3 without loosing animation. Very high quality animation.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 02:34   Link #422
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

ADTRW is performing a great service just in getting these out so fast -- within about 60 hours of the broadcast, I think.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 09:05   Link #423
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

the comments recently prove something: no matter if it's free and handed on a silver platter with a how-to manual, people will still complain
hell, i bet if i PAID people to download a certain fansub group's releases (not that i'm affiliated with anyone) they'd still complain
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 09:49   Link #424
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
the comments recently prove something: no matter if it's free and handed on a silver platter with a how-to manual, people will still complain
hell, i bet if i PAID people to download a certain fansub group's releases (not that i'm affiliated with anyone) they'd still complain
This is a well known aspect of human psychology: they will complain the most if you pay them to do something, then reduce their pay.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 12:07   Link #425
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Hmmm... you seem to have registered just last week, and your only other posts are trolling the Futakoi thread! What do we have here?
Well with you we obviously have someone with lot of issues, how about you concetrate more on quality of your subs and less on getting in fight with every single person that prefers Mahou subs and/or dislikes .mkv format.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 12:14   Link #426
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Well with you we obviously have someone with lot of issues, how about you concetrate more on quality of your subs and less on getting in fight with every single person that prefers Mahou subs and/or dislikes .mkv format.
Mahou is slow. They even have a disclaimer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahou
Just so everyone is clear we will not drop a series if it is licensed, so don't worry about us taking a long time then dropping it when it's licensed, that won't happen!
I prefer faster, better video quality, and the ability to turn of the subs. I wish every fansubber used softsubs. I also dont like waiting until the dead period when a show is liscenced but its still impossible to buy the dvd.

You, well, I guess you dont mind waiting.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 16:11   Link #427
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Just for comparison, the first "express" Chinese sub of episode 6 was posted about six hours ago, just under 24 hours after the broadcast. These express subs are still pretty reasonable quality, as ADTRW's is. Subs by other Chinese groups usually come out over the following days.

Not that I'm suggesting anyone try to compete. I just thought it was interesting how quickly they could get it out. The Chinese subs come out in the same formats as English ones (.avi, .mkv), or in the RealMedia format .rmvb, which gives a file about half the size of the .avi, but isn't as good quality, although quite watchable.
Old 2004-11-09, 20:06   Link #428
Sokar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Just for comparison, the first "express" Chinese sub of episode 6 was posted about six hours ago, just under 24 hours after the broadcast. These express subs are still pretty reasonable quality, as ADTRW's is. Subs by other Chinese groups usually come out over the following days.
There are more Chinese anime fans, if simply because of population and geographics, so there's more demand and the groups chug them out faster. Anime is so popular that there's actually a lot of discussion in recent years about how anime can corrupt our youth and wipe away our culture.
Japanese is much closer to Chinese compared to English, so it's probably a lot easier to translate from Japanese to Chinese than Japanese to English.
Finally, Us Chinese are the best people for ripping stuff off of other people Years of horrible testing format that forces us to monotonely memorize in order to get into good schools have produced an army of nerds that have zero creativity but can copy and retro-engineer everything on earth, yay! Soon we would be creating anime with Chinese characteristics
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 20:09   Link #429
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Do the Chinese subs usually come out in script format? Maybe I could include them in my softsubs.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 20:29   Link #430
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

ADTRW do put out a decent speed sub, ive nothing personally against them. However i despise .ogm and .mkv which is the format they use, so i tend to replace theirs with Mahou's as soon as it is avaialable. Mahou use .avi, and they were the first group to release, and thus i went with them first. I believe in staying loyal to the group you start with, unless a new group puts out an exceptional version.

ADTRW translation is acceptable, but they do mistranslate a lot of stuff according to a work colleague who is japanese. Mahou do aswell, but no where near as much, and in both cases its more a case of translating from the japanese to english then reshaping so it makes sense. Sadly doin this causes you to lose some of the emphasis and emotion behind the scentence, which leads to miss translation and misunderstanding.

Personally i despise trolling, and the amount of in fighting that goes on in this thread at times is rediculas to say the least. If you like Mahou go with Mahou, if you like ADTRW go with ADTRW. Both produce a decent show, But lets stop the arguing over whose better, since frankly it doesnt really matter.

Lets try and keep the topic of the thread what it's supposed to be, the show itself, rather than the groups that are producing. If you want to debate the groups thats fine, but take it to the fansubgroup forum, or the general forum, this forum is for fansubs. Lets try and stay on topic shall we
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 20:46   Link #431
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin

Lets try and keep the topic of the thread what it's supposed to be, the show itself, rather than the groups that are producing. If you want to debate the groups thats fine, but take it to the fansubgroup forum, or the general forum, this forum is for fansubs. Lets try and stay on topic shall we

Couldn't have said it better. I was about to step-in but it looks like Taliesin already did it for me. +1 rep for you
Old 2004-11-09, 22:11   Link #432
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Do the Chinese subs usually come out in script format? Maybe I could include them in my softsubs.
The first Chinese sub was .rmvb, and another has just come out in .rmvb, so no soft subs yet. By the way, I was surprised that none of the web sources I look at had the raw, not even the Chinese sources.

To turn the topic to the show itself: I don't know how this show can get better, but in episode 6 it may have. The two girls in the OP appear. Hazuki and Elfriede show more of their natures. There are partial revelations. And lots of beautiful night scenes in Kyoto: Kiyomizudera, Yasaka pagoda, etc.

And I think the anime begins to diverge more from the manga, either merging scenes or inventing. I'm not sure which, since I haven't read very far ahead in the manga.
Old 2004-11-10, 16:48   Link #433
LK_LoA

Does anyone know how many episodes this series will go for? Given that the first 5 episodes already covers up to half of volume 2, thirteen episodes seems too short.
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 16:51   Link #434
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK_LoA
Does anyone know how many episodes this series will go for?
Relies upon to which volume has the manga run reached?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 17:36   Link #435
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK_LoA
Does anyone know how many episodes this series will go for? Given that the first 5 episodes already covers up to half of volume 2, thirteen episodes seems too short.
It's not uncommon for a 13 episode series to follow the manga faithfully for 3 to 3 1/2 volumes and then tack on its own ending, or at least create a better stopping point. For a good example that also involves vampires, check out Hellsing.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 21:40   Link #436
LK_LoA

I hope that it doesn't deviate from the manga too much... So far the differences between them don't detract from the story.
I just realised that I assumed it is a 13-episode series. A quick search showed that there's no info to support this. At this point, it could be a 52 episode show. (I wish!)

Does anyone know whether Tsukuyomi will be 13 or 26 episodes or some weird number?
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 15:16   Link #437
szufu

Thumbs up Tsukuyumi Moon Phrase

i have to say that this new anime series are great!!!

CUTE + Nice Story + Nice Music + Nice drawings! (Niko Mimi Mode~!)

i have few questions to ask:

I like the background music + soundtracks in the series very much but i donno the name... can anyone tell me??? especially the part in Episode 2 where the guy (forgot his name, soli ) throw the stone at the crystal ball in the vampire palace.....

perhaps it would be even helpful if anyone can direct me to the links which has those music... thanks! arigato gosaimaste!
szufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 15:20   Link #438
sarcasteak
WAHA~

This thread will get merged with the main Tsukuyomi Moon Phase thread that got bumped down from the first page, but regardless you are responsible for using the Search function first before making a new thread...

As the for the soundtrack, I don't think it'll be out THIS soon.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 15:31   Link #439
szufu

opps..sorry... i'm still a new member komenasai...

the soundtracks are not out yet? too bad
szufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 15:46   Link #440
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
What's the point of arguing over which fansub group to download or which video format they use? Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ is so good that I could watch the entire series raw and still enjoy it.
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen