Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 02:47   Link #261
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
My reation for this episode
Spoiler for size:
This is a good image lol. I thought I was sorta prepared for what was going to happen in this episode but still that date sequence did manage to make me feel bad. Especially that holding hand sequence.

On the other hand, the "kiss scene" itself was pretty powerful on Yuka's part and I thought it was fairly well executed. I remain pretty surprised/appreciative of the level of writing in this series.

Speaking of Takashi...oh man, the poor hapless male. Haha. Geez, after an entire date with a girl who seemed to be completely into him only to suddenly be rejected. Poor guy must just be thinking "I don't understand women". Of course, I'm only going to laugh at him. Yuka aside, his own attraction to Saki was nothing more than something totally shallow.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 04:37   Link #262
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
So I've only watched 2 episodes of this, and tbh it was a bit boring for me until someone told me there was some major romance trolling going on here. Then I saw that reaction picture from Kitsu Breaker.

I am now very intrigued to take this off hold and continue .
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:00   Link #263
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Natsuiro Kiseki - Episode 4

Oh man, this episode was a riot, best episode yet. I haven't laughed so much in quite a while. I had to keep reminding myself that the girls were stuck in different bodies. It was amusing to hear their voice actresses imitate each other.

I was waiting for an episode that would be about Yuka or Rinko, and this one didn't disappoint (even though Yuka physically wasn't the focus here). She's such a fun, energetic girl, but she also has very little confidence in herself, to the point where she was willing to NTR herself for a brief episode of happiness. Or maybe she's just hedonistic. The whole date thing was extremely fun to watch but also sad when you consider the fact that Yuka was digging a deep hole for herself. Therefore, I greatly appreciate Rinko for interrupting that kiss, as it would not have been good for Yuka at all (Saki's pride aside).

On another note, Miyano Mamoru doesn't fail to deliver utmost charm with his dazzling voice. He managed to make a character with a bland character design (Takashi) into a bit of a cutie.

Quote:
Spoiler for size:
Was it really that bad for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Oh, and the rock was totally trolling them by deciding to swap Natsume and Rinko, too. I'm not even sure how any wish they may have been making could have resulted in that happening Who says inanimate objects can't have a sense of humor?
I'm starting to believe more and more than the rock has a mind of its own and does whatever it feels like doing, even if it has good intentions.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:26   Link #264
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The whole date thing was extremely fun to watch but also sad when you consider the fact that Yuka was digging a deep hole for herself. Therefore, I greatly appreciate Rinko for interrupting that kiss, as it would not have been good for Yuka at all (Saki's pride aside).
She was also about to give away Saki's first kiss, to someone Saki doesn't love. That's pretty wrong right there. And doing so would only have hurt her, hurt Saki, and hurt the guy in the long run when Saki rejected any further affection from him.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 11:48   Link #265
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So they almost kissed, uh?

Waiting yurifans raging in 3... 2... 1...
It's all right because we now have proof that Natsume digs ladies.

Note to Saki: You want to stop Yuka from doing something with your body? Why not take advantage of the fact that you have control of her body? I think, "If you go on this date tomorrow, I'm going to run down main street naked" would take care of things.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 11:51   Link #266
ookamigirl

Summer time... it's nice.
Drinking Ramune soda and relaxing ^^
The body switch thing was ROFL
That wishing stone sure has a lot of work when it comes to those girls.
Sano... he's one popular guy. It's always sad seeing unrequited love.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:04   Link #267
Random Wanderer

You know, I find it rather sad that between the 'boorus that I know about, this series only has six pieces of art, total. That's fanart and official. I realize this isn't at the top of the lists for shows this season, but I'd thought it would get a least a bit more attention than that.
Old 2012-04-27, 12:07   Link #268
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Sano... he's one popular guy. It's always sad seeing unrequited love.
Not really that popular. Only Yuka liked him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Note to Saki: You want to stop Yuka from doing something with your body? Why not take advantage of the fact that you have control of her body? I think, "If you go on this date tomorrow, I'm going to run down main street naked" would take care of things.
That's a interesting idea but Saki doesn't seem the type to think of something like that.
Old 2012-04-27, 12:09   Link #269
Miraluka
Banned

This thread is full of liars .

Btw, this is not the last time we see the guy, thats a fact.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:13   Link #270
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Btw, this is not the last time we see the guy, thats a fact.
And how do you know that?
Old 2012-04-27, 13:02   Link #271
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
You know, I find it rather sad that between the 'boorus that I know about, this series only has six pieces of art, total. That's fanart and official. I realize this isn't at the top of the lists for shows this season, but I'd thought it would get a least a bit more attention than that.
Indeed, needs more material.

But for now here are a few freebies

Old 2012-04-27, 13:27   Link #272
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That was a fun ride. Could have turned out worse. Glad Rin stopped Yuka. Lol Natsumi imagining switching with an idol.
Old 2012-04-27, 13:42   Link #273
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol Natsumi imagining switching with an idol.
It's interesting how Yuka parallels her feelings for Takashi with Natsumi's feelings for Akira from Four Seasons. That was deliciously gay

Also, note that Saki's clearly the Akira analogue among our main girls
Old 2012-04-27, 13:48   Link #274
Random Wanderer

It was also interesting how Natsumi didn't seem to disagree with that assessment at all. So Natsumi's got a crush on a female idol.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:00   Link #275
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Loved ep 4 it was great fun!

The body swapping was great fun, when Yuka became Saki couldn't stop smiling at how the lovely Saki is all Yuka like.
And then poor Rin having to deal with a angry Saki

Altho might have been a bit better if this ep happened in the next, get to know the characters just a little more before swapping them around.

Wouldn't have minded if they explored the SakiXTakashi route a little more.

Very enjoyable episode!
Old 2012-04-27, 15:02   Link #276
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Episode 4:

Yuka takes over Saki body. Usually in generic anime/manga, where one person either looks like another person to gain an advantage (in this case, love). That person success would be high, but they usually feel bad about it during the date, because he/she knows that person only loves the original person (in this case, Saki). The author just don't care in this episode and Yuka went wild! She nearly kissed her cousin with Saki body!

This described my feelings as well:

Quote:
No way, the serie have a strong subtext between the female character like Precure.

Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-04-27, 15:10   Link #277
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
That person success would be high, but they usually feel bad about it during the date, because he/she knows that person only loves the original person (in this case, Saki). The author just don't care in this episode and Yuka went wild! She nearly kissed her cousin with Saki body!
Yuka's a little clueless, but it looked to me like she figured that out at the end.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:14   Link #278
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Wouldn't have minded if they explored the SakiXTakashi route a little more.
But there was no such route. Saki barely knew this guy. Furthermore, by the end of the episode it must be obvious to Saki that he has a crush on her, yet she doesn't hesitate at all to send the rejection text.

All in all it seems Saki is quite popular and she's used to deal with guys crushing on her without thinking much of it.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-04-27 at 15:26.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 15:32   Link #279
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
All in all it seems Saki is quite popular and she's used to deal with guys crushing on her without thinking much of it.
It wouldn't surprise me. Saki's character design is clearly (at least it seems clear to me) supposed to tell us that she is the prettiest one out of the group, and well on her way to becoming outright beautiful in a few years. The sort of girl that magazines like to put on their covers and advertisers like to use on their billboards and such. Based on looks alone, she seems most likely out of the four to be able to pull off the idol thing solo.

All the girls are pretty, and they all have their charm points, don't get me wrong. But I do not doubt that the character designers intended for Saki to be considered the most physically beautiful out of the four.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:41   Link #280
sikvod00

^ Which is funny, because while Saki may look the prettiest, I'm more attracted to someone like Yuka. Personallity-wise, I definitely prefer amiable, slightly goofy genki girls. Obviously that doesn't mean she doesn't look attractive either. Now Saki is definitely a good person (as evidenced by last episode), but most of the time she acts like she has a stick up her cute little ass. For that reasons, I was a bit disappointed by this episode because I thought it would focus on Yuka in her own damn body, lol.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural