AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-27, 10:23   Link #221
Keluangman

Yeap the ost is great , like everybodyelse i liked shangri-la,mirai no haruka,omoi but my favourite is haruka no uchi and yuu's theme
Keluangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 10:48   Link #222
User35785

Are lyrics for the choral parts of "Shangri-La" in the OST known?
User35785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 10:54   Link #223
wao
OK.

No, AFAIK they're just made up words by riya.

Still haven't listened to the OST yet (thanks Nip*****i), but I'm sure there'll be great stuff. The preview music (which I know is "Mirai no Haruka") is very nice stuff, it pulls at the heartstrings of this fangirl very much.

Speaking of which, I really am very interested as to the fate of Future Haruka. And those clips where you see Karasu angsting over a child Haruka in that tube thing.
Old 2006-01-27, 11:03   Link #224
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Intersting how at one point we almost saw a grown up Haruka in Karasu's dream. Remember when he was imprisoned at Lacrima?

So, which is which? The child in the glass tube, or the grown-up girl?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 11:39   Link #225
wao
OK.

Yeah, and the voice on the time phone seems like an older Haruka as well. So perhaps there are a few... maybe the one in the capsule is some other Haruka they just used to harvest? I have no clue, but surely that can't be what happens to this Haruka, after all that Dragon's Torque thing is so powerful...
Old 2006-01-27, 14:50   Link #226
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

Quote:
Intersting how at one point we almost saw a grown up Haruka in Karasu's dream. Remember when he was imprisoned at Lacrima?

So, which is which? The child in the glass tube, or the grown-up girl?
This is why I was suggesting before the possibility that Lacryma has already extracted and experimented on other time-space versions of Haruka before, though I'm not really convinced that the story so far supports that theory at all cohesively.

Someone else mentioned that as a Quantum being, Karasu may share the memory/knowledge of other time-space versions of himself, as such Karasu might be able to see a time-space version where he did not rescue Haruka in Lacryma...or perhaps it's just his imagination of the worst possible result?

The discrepency between the memory of an older more adult Haruka and the younger Haruka in the battery flashback does leave some difficult questions unanswered

Last edited by Splendiferous; 2006-01-27 at 15:10.
Splendiferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 15:09   Link #227
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

General Question for anyone:

1. Do you think Haruka has already realized that her Lacryma version has died ?(as that's been pretty much implied)

Although she's quite disoriented when Karasu saves her in Lacryma, the dialogue exchange between Amamiku and Karasu and Haruka's reaction to it seems to suggest some form of realization.

A few of her other reactions throughout the series makes me feel that she recognizes something horrible happens to her Lacryma counterpart, but either doesn't want to, or doesn't know how to address it directly.

2. What is really going on with Kuina?

He's dealt with only briefly at all, but his interactions with Noein are highly conspicuous. It seems to me like Noein is manipulating him, the scene with Kuina meditating really sparks this suspicion..but manipulation to what end? The only thing that seems to make any sense is 'in order to find/capture Haruka/Dragon's Torque'.

Notice we haven't heard much from Lacryma in a while, I wonder when that will change...
Old 2006-01-27, 15:50   Link #228
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not sure what age the Haruka in the capsule is. I don't think it's really clear from the images. I do think it's possible that more than one Haruka has been kidnapped in the service of Lacrima's survival.

Here are two screencaps:
Spoiler for caps from episode 15:
Spoiler for speculation based on ep 15:
I don't think Lacrima Haruka has necessarily died, but she is at least injured or in some kind of coma, if that's her in the capsule.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 16:37   Link #229
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Didn't Kosagi (or was it Amamiku?) tell Karasu that Haruka is dead? With the implication that he should get over it...

As for Kuina, I'd have to say that his new headpiece bothers me. The thing that he got in place of his ruined face somewhat reminds me of Noein's mask. Adding that to the fact that Kuina and Noein are somehow connected, as co-conspirators or maybe as master and servant, could lead to interesting observations.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 16:47   Link #230
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Didn't Kosagi (or was it Amamiku?) tell Karasu that Haruka is dead? With the implication that he should get over it...
It was also stated by Ai that Haruka is dead. We were told that Haruka died saving them all.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 17:48   Link #231
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 17:55   Link #232
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

Quote Kaoru Chujo:
Quote:
Spoiler:
I'm actually convinced that both the Lacrymans and Noein are 'wrong' in their approach... I don't know whether I can get off calling either of them evil, each I think has their own circumstances which cause them to do what they believe is necessary, or desirable...

But both of them have admitted to disrupting the natural order by destroying time-spaces to achieve their own ends. In the case of Lacryma it seems to be in self-defense, but considering what we're learning about the Magic Circle project, we don't really know, and I don't know that self-defense excuses it either. In the case of Noein, the reasons are more nebulous...but either way both have admitted to messing with the natural order of things:

First Karasu (representing Lacryma) in the episode with his confrontation with Isuka.

And now Noein (representing Shangrila) in the most recent episode.

I think it will be very difficult to empathize with either Shangrila or Lacryma's "Ends justify the Means" approach to getting what they want... and I certainly hope that Haruka refuses to make any 'choice'.

Last edited by Splendiferous; 2006-01-27 at 22:55.
Old 2006-01-27, 23:50   Link #233
NaviX

Send a message via MSN to NaviX Send a message via Yahoo to NaviX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendiferous
I'm actually convinced that both the Lacrymans and Noein are 'wrong' in their approach... I don't know whether I can get off calling either of them evil, each I think has their own circumstances which cause them to do what they believe is necessary, or desirable...
It's all part of human nature. It shows how screwed we can become under circumstances such as these. Lacrima becomes selfish is willing to sacrifice other worlds for their desperation to survive while Noein is acting out of (probably) vengence and his desire for a perfect world with haruka?

Haruka is the hope that the good side of human nature will triumph. I also hope she doesn't choose either worlds.

BTW, the OST is great.
NaviX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 01:22   Link #234
Keluangman

In my opinion neither lacryma nor noein is 'wrong'. They probally have their own justification and believed their actions were 'right'. Regarding haruka not making a choice , we still dont know the effect of it , if she doesnt make a choice both shangrila and lacryma could still be at war worst still if the present world is drag into it (just a personal tought)
Keluangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 13:51   Link #235
sanachan

First, I want to say that Noein OST is simply AMAZING and that I haven't listened to such great soundtrack since the Escaflowne OST... I believe the fact that Noein and Escaflowne have the same director, the music is similar in terms of choral voices, style of music, etc... :P (thanks to IceAlchemist for uploading this great work of music!!)

Now... I've watched the raws of Noein so I don't get that much from the japanese version :P but I've read what you have said here... so, Noein came out with just two timespaces, Lacryma and Shangri-La? So, what if Haruka decides not to chose any of them, but to let all timespaces to exist? Not only Lacryma and Shangri-la, but all the other timespaces?

And no comments about Atori and Miho? In episode 15, what do Ai and Haruka say when Miho helps Atori to eat?? >_< if anyone can translate that for me please >_<

Oh! And one little question: do you remember the music they used for the Noein trailer?? It was very good! Anyone know the title of the song? It is an existing song, or it was made up just for the trailer??
sanachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 16:33   Link #236
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Please use spoiler tags for eps 14-15, I think most people haven't seen them yet.

Btw, I bought a book called "Quantum Paradox". I'm really interested in quantum physics lately because of Noein, as I was interested in religion when I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion. I guess all I need to become interested with subjects I wasn't interested before is to watch a good anime that has to do with it.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 22:16   Link #237
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanachan
And no comments about Atori and Miho? In episode 15, what do Ai and Haruka say when Miho helps Atori to eat?? >_< if anyone can translate that for me please >_<
Something like "Somehow it seems to me that Miho's kind of taken up with Atori".

I normally get very interested about a subject if an anime I like talks about it, but I have got no brain cells left for quantum physics... so I'll just go by the explanations here >_>
Old 2006-01-29, 21:44   Link #238
sanachan

I think all this quantum physics stuff is the reason some people doesn't like Noein at all xDD it is too complicated for them to understand...

But I really like NOein because of this, it isn't the typical story of people coming from the future or other dimensions... it is a very interesting version of this kind of stories!

Spoiler:
sanachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 23:49   Link #239
wao
OK.

I was just rewatching the end of episode 7 with the fight between Fukurou and that thingy from Shangri-La... isn't it ironic how he digs out its eyes? Considering Fukurou's lost an eye.
Old 2006-01-30, 02:22   Link #240
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
I think all this quantum physics stuff is the reason some people doesn't like Noein at all xDD it is too complicated for them to understand...
I don't think it is... Noein explains quantum physics in an easy and understandable way.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote