Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-29, 14:51   Link #61
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dude, they’re just talking. Why all conversations (no matter how short they are) between opposite-sex buddies suddenly should lead to romance and shipping?
Last week everybody assumed that Kishimoto was building NaruSaku due to a simple joke. I'm surprised nobody assumed yet that Madara and Hashirama are ex lovers.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 14:57   Link #62
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I'm surprised nobody assumed yet that Madara and Hashirama are ex lovers.
-You mean they're not? But...but...look at how overjoyed Madara is when around Hashirama. Gleefully jumping in with lusting eyes when they meet after so many years of being...well dead and how he politely waits for his lover like a patient Yamato Nadeshiko in this chapter.
Old 2013-05-29, 14:59   Link #63
sayde

Last chapter, I joked around with my cousin that Sakura's demonstration of skill that would support her intentions of standing side-by-side with Sasuke and Naruto will probably just amount to little more than a very strong punch. Gotta admit, I was really hoping there'd be a lot more to that.

I think its hilarious how Kishi kind of expects us to take Sakura seriously as someone who can keep up with the likes of Naruto and Sasuke just because she can throw some hard punches and has learned one of Tsunade's best techniques. Granted, I'll give her credit for probably being a step above all the rest of the Konoha 11 or 12 at this point, but Naruto and Sasuke have now reached points where they're far more powerful than their own Kage-level masters--much less Tsunade. So even if Sakura has managed to rival her teacher (and that's a big IF), my questions are, why should we care and how exactly does that make her able to seriously contend with Naruto and Sasuke again? Like who was Kishi seriously trying to fool here? I could deal with everyone claiming to want to be Hokage. And I could deal with the Konoha 11 teaming up again in such a campy manner. But the arrogance of this girl was probably the aspect of the chapter I disliked the most.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 15:02   Link #64
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

>Sakura heals people in the background, aka not doing that much spectacular stuff
>>>SO MUCH WASTED POTENTIAL

>Sakura unleashed a large scale attack that takes out several juubi spawns and has quite the destructive power
>>>SHE STILL SUCKS

Complainers gonna complain no matter what.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 15:07   Link #65
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

^

She immediately had to be saved by her teammates thereafter.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 15:34   Link #66
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
pretty much... it made no sense to me either. instead of frying everyone inside, the juubi reduced itself to human sized forms so it could get the crap kicked out of itself... the only explanation is that in these large forms the juubi is a mindless blob. i hope it transforms into a human-sized creature (or at least normal bijou sized creature) that can talk and has a mind of it's own. that would be interesting to say the least
i actually believe/hope that spiky, turnip looking thing on the juubis back is a cocoon of some sort...
Old 2013-05-29, 15:38   Link #67
Ero-Senn1n

Good thing that we are now over with the mandatory Sakura-has-evolved chapter and so we can go on to the real fight. She didn't use her seal yet, so i'm hoping Kishimoto planned something that's not just a copy of Tsunade's regeneration or super-power or Slug boss summon. I don't think it will be genjutsu because it would pale in comparison to Sasuke's and also i don't think genjutsu could work on the 10-tails. Another positive point of the chapter is that she has a 3 year cooldown period for her chakra gathering phase, that makes the whole powerup more beliveable.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 15:42   Link #68
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
not a bad chapter, I still view it as a set up chapter to something bigger though. Sasuke might be planning something, but at this stage of the manga and with all the talking and love being passed around, I really doubt it. Seems he cares now and will be the hero.
Old 2013-05-29, 16:22   Link #69
Alchemist007
*Author

Ok so Sakura got a bit more power, now how about some character growth to go with that?
Old 2013-05-29, 16:51   Link #70
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Considering her doing "nothing" equated to doing her job as a healer, yeah you could say I expected her to continue doing that for all the people still injured from the Juubi's attacks. Also, kindly stop assuming my stance on the matter. I stated last chapter that Sakura had so much wasted potential as a character due to how Kishimoto handled her. For her to suddenly be all important is jarring to say the least.
More scenes hinting at her new power between back then and now might have made things smoother, but to me it would've felt a little strange for Sakura to take nothing but healing techniques away from someone like Tsunade after all is said and done(especially considering Tsunade's recent performance); so its not that jarring imo.

Quote:
-You're asking where Sakura making things worse comes from? From the time she decided to have the bright idea of killing Sasuke herself with a poisoned kunai. It failed spectacularly and said poison was used on Naruto, her own teammate.
Ah, so you're one of those. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think it was that bad an idea, and could have worked if she actually had the resolve; I thought it was refreshingly ninja-like. To be honest, she probably saved some of the Konoha 12 by choosing to contain the issue that way. As for the poison, the knife was in Sasuke's hand and even he didn't do it on purpose; it was really just a plot contrivance to weaken Naruto given Sasuke's condition at the time and for comic relief, so it really wasn't that serious.

Quote:
I also meant my statement as a joke since jokes are all about exaggeration. Like I said above and as you so admitted, Sakura was doing her job as a proper medical ninja. I raised no fuss over that since it you know, makes sense. You don't send your white mage on the front row against an Eldricht Abomination if you catch my drift.
I do, but the analogy is off: Sakura isn't the equivalent of a white mage and we've known for some time that she's capable of more than just “casting”. Her team is healthy and she's not wasting chakra, so I don't see a problem. I think this is more enjoyable than watching her stand behind them and shouting their names until one of them is injured.

Quote:
-I expected Hinata to be assertive since she already proved herself ever since this war started. There was literally none of her former meekness and shy demeanor until this very chapter. Her going back to that route just smacks of restoring the status quo.
And you actually derived this from her one line, where she merely tried to alleviate some of Kiba's embarrassment : /

She proved she could be assertive when the situation calls for it way before this war started, arguably even since part I, but why do you assume her her entire personality would change? Shes a timid girl, its just the way she is.

Quote:
Sakura however is "too little, too late" in the sense that she's suddenly necessary for the offensive, like this chapter is trying to do.
I doubt the intended message is that she's absolutely necessary for Sasuke and Naruto to win, I'm pretty sure both of them would have been able to get past those jyuubi clones on their own without Sakura; they were ready to go on without her in the first place.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 16:56   Link #71
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
i hope Sakura dies.thx !
Harshness aside, I am in agreement. She has done nothing, but cause grief and endanger others because of her infatuation with Sasuke. He will betray them and of course, her emotions will hinder everyone. Even if she has finally shown her "true power" it is still nothing compared to Naruto or Sasuke.

Hurry up and exit stage left.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 17:08   Link #72
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
I'm just glad this convoluted mess is probably going to end soon.
Is it? To me it looks like everything has been reset so the story can go on for another 10 years...
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 17:18   Link #73
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Good thing that we are now over with the mandatory Sakura-has-evolved chapter and so we can go on to the real fight. She didn't use her seal yet, so i'm hoping Kishimoto planned something that's not just a copy of Tsunade's regeneration or super-power or Slug boss summon. I don't think it will be genjutsu because it would pale in comparison to Sasuke's and also i don't think genjutsu could work on the 10-tails. Another positive point of the chapter is that she has a 3 year cooldown period for her chakra gathering phase, that makes the whole powerup more beliveable.
yep yep. although as she progresses and gets stronger, i hope it doesnt really take 3 years. essentially reforming that seal is what tsunade was doing when she was in that "coma" during the pain arc. also apparently a kiss from someone (Dan) you love can regenerate it rather quickly as well

granted this is not exactly her full power, i wonder how much stronger is she than when naruto loaned her his chakra...
Old 2013-05-29, 17:31   Link #74
Midnight Commander

In the translation I read, all Sakura said was “Sasuke-kun!”. If you look closely, Sasuke is drawn in a manner that implies he suddenly appeared next to Sakura, and she appears to be surprised by it so she says his name. Naruto then appears right after to comically remind her that he's there for her as well. This is just classic team 7 antics and running gags, nothing to take that seriously imo. Also, I understand the complaints about how Sakura doesn't seem to appreciate Naruto, but I don't feel much sympathy in this regard since Naruto, like Sakura, has not really shown much appreciation for his true admirer, and has instead chosen to remain devoted to someone who seems to take his feelings for granted.
Old 2013-05-29, 17:46   Link #75
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
>Sakura unleashed a large scale attack that takes out several juubi spawns and has quite the destructive power
>>>SHE STILL SUCKS
I don't know if I would say she sucks, but she is definitely uninspiring and not really comparable to her former teammates. Naruto and Sasuke can destroy mountains; Sakura can dig deep holes...their power differential is staggering. That is why I said earlier that I hoped Kishimoto would have upped Sakura's strength to an insane degree, letting her actually knock-over the Jyuubi (or something similar), or hell even throw such strong punches that she can attack from a distance (however that works); just something actually jaw-dropping. It's stupid, but at least it would show comparable skills/prowess. (To be fair, I am commenting and comparing more on the glitz of shounen fighting as opposed to the actual comparison of various powers; for example, I expect Sakura's punch could actually damage Susano'o.)

(As an aside, who else thinks that when the final data book is released (if it is released), Sakura's stats will actually be higher than Naruto's ?)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 17:48   Link #76
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Post ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
More scenes hinting at her new power between back then and now might have made things smoother, but to me it would've felt a little strange for Sakura to take nothing but healing techniques away from someone like Tsunade after all is said and done(especially considering Tsunade's recent performance); so its not that jarring imo.
-Except the road, as you admitted, is still a rough one. We definitely could have had a smoother ride, but as I kept saying: Sakura is a waste of potentially entertaining growth due to Kishimoto simply not utilizing her to the best of her ability. We know she's a competent character but after so much time of offensive inactivity, her joining in the affray is, to my eyes, real jarring.

Quote:
Ah, so you're one of those. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think it was that bad an idea, and could have worked if she actually had the resolve; I thought it was refreshingly ninja-like. To be honest, she probably saved some of the Konoha 12 by choosing to contain the issue that way. As for the poison, the knife was in Sasuke's hand and even he didn't do it on purpose; it was really just a plot contrivance to weaken Naruto given Sasuke's condition at the time and for comic relief, so it really wasn't that serious.
-"Those"? What exactly are you referring to chief? As for Sakura, you can claim how ninja-like it was, it still doesn't change that it was a monumentally stupid move on her part. Alright, she at least had a reason to knock out Sai, Kiba and Lee and spare them from the battle (even if doing so put her into even MORE danger). But there is no excuse for disobeying Kakashi's (her superior) order after her initial plan failed. I know Sasuke had the kunai and did the attacking, but he would not have gotten it if Sakura wasn't there in the first place. There is such a thing as trying to shoulder more responsibility and then there's being utterly foolish. The only reason it ended up being a scene for comic relief is because the poison ended up affecting Naruto who's got the immune system of a physical god. Anyone else would likely be foaming at the mouth and choking on it.

Quote:
I do, but the analogy is off: Sakura isn't the equivalent of a white mage and we've known for some time that she's capable of more than just “casting”. Her team is healthy and she's not wasting chakra, so I don't see a problem. I think this is more enjoyable than watching her stand behind them and shouting their names until one of them is injured.
-Correction: Naruto, whom she was healing for the last chapter and a half (after breaking his bones again because "Haha, friendly fire makes for great comedy relief") is healthy. The rest of the people? Not so much. I am pretty sure there's still people heavily injured and I don't see any of Shizune's medical corp around, sans Shizune herself.

Quote:
And you actually derived this from her one line, where she merely tried to alleviate some of Kiba's embarrassment : /

She proved she could be assertive when the situation calls for it way before this war started, arguably even since part I, but why do you assume her her entire personality would change? Shes a timid girl, its just the way she is.
-I also read a pretty rough translation upon waking up first thing in the morning, which took more liberties with her dialogue than others which reduced her to a stammering wreck. The information superhighway is a fast beast, but it is also cluttered and in general, a giant mess. Since then, I've read better translation and it definitely sounds better than the other one. So just chalk this one up to my bad timing and misinformation.

Quote:
I doubt the intended message is that she's absolutely necessary for Sasuke and Naruto to win, I'm pretty sure both of them would have been able to get past those jyuubi clones on their own without Sakura; they were ready to go on without her in the first place.
-Which begs the question: why is she suddenly tossing herself into the fray? To show she still packs a mean one-two punch? Technically you could make this argument about the whole ninja alliance, especially since most of them don't matter now that we've got the immortal zombie Hokages #1~4 doing the grunt work, but why does Sakura need her 15 seconds of fame?

-*Sigh*, look I really don't want to discuss this any further than it needs to be. Just understand that me "hating" on Sakura isn't hating on the character herself, but on Kishimoto's handling of her. Here was a character that started out great in Part 2, grew out of focus as soon as Naruto and Sasuke were reintroduced in their "arms race" for power and now all of a sudden Kishimoto claims that "No really, she's real important now"? Sorry I'm not buying it. So what do you say, agree to disagree?
Old 2013-05-29, 18:12   Link #77
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Another positive point of the chapter is that she has a 3 year cooldown period for her chakra gathering phase, that makes the whole powerup more beliveable.
i wouldn't hold my breath on that one. all she needs is a quick injection of hashirama's cells and she'll be able to spam it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 18:48   Link #78
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That's an awesome barrier, as expected from the Hokages. Nice to see the Juubi try something else. It's impressive that Sakura was able to do that jutsu, Shizune even couldn't do it. Well team 7 still the same after all that's happened. Lol Madara doesn't care about the plan anymore as long as he gets to fight the real Hashirama. Wonder if Juugo's line will have meaning later on.
Old 2013-05-29, 19:07   Link #79
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-"Those"? What exactly are you referring to chief?
lol the cult-like following of members who despise that plot development (and Sakura) with a poisonous intensity. I'm half joking.

Quote:
As for Sakura, you can claim how ninja-like it was, it still doesn't change that it was a monumentally stupid move on her part. Alright, she at least had a reason to knock out Sai, Kiba and Lee and spare them from the battle (even if doing so put her into even MORE danger). But there is no excuse for disobeying Kakashi's (her superior) order after her initial plan failed.
Meh, I enjoyed reading what she did. For all the crap she gets for it, she did manage to get centimeters away from having the knife in his back, and she did have him going for a bit. Its just that her feelings overwhelmed her, as in the third Hokage's case so I personally don't hold it agaisnt her much. Its not like any of the Konoha 12 would've killed him either, due to the plot as well as the disparity in power. I was just upset that Kakashi vs. Sasuke didn't last longer.

Quote:
-Correction: Naruto, whom she was healing for the last chapter and a half (after breaking his bones again because "Haha, friendly fire makes for great comedy relief") is healthy. The rest of the people? Not so much. I am pretty sure there's still people heavily injured and I don't see any of Shizune's medical corp around, sans Shizune herself.
Since we were in the context of her team 7, I meant everyone as in her, Naruto and Sasuke. There are probably other healers amongst the alliance army comprised of 5 major ninja villages, so I don't think Sakura is in a bad spot fighting alongside two of the most valuable chess pieces the alliance has (well, the chess pieces that cannot auto-regenerate due to them not being Edo zombies anyway), and where much of the enemies offense will be focused on. It might be convenient if the ninja who are actually fighting in the epicenter of the battle had a healer around them as well : /

Quote:
-Which begs the question: why is she suddenly tossing herself into the fray? To show she still packs a mean one-two punch? Technically you could make this argument about the whole ninja alliance, especially since most of them don't matter now that we've got the immortal zombie Hokages #1~4 doing the grunt work, but why does Sakura need her 15 seconds of fame?
Well, she is one of the main supporting characters, and she is supposed to be relatively strong, what with being a student of one of the Sannin, so I don't see the big deal in her getting some camera time.

Quote:
-*Sigh*, look I really don't want to discuss this any further than it needs to be. Just understand that me "hating" on Sakura isn't hating on the character herself, but on Kishimoto's handling of her.
Agreed, I actually expressed the same point a couple threads ago. I actually don't disagree with that much of what you're saying, mainly I just don't mind Sakura getting a big moment.
Old 2013-05-29, 19:23   Link #80
ninetail1989
Dreamer

i hope Sakura Dies 2.0!

ok,i am pretty much guessing after showing maybe another 1 or 2 chapter of her breaking stuff and ppl claiming her to be the new Tsunade...Her 3 years of hiding behind the scenes training will wear off and become vulnerable in the middle of battle...n say bb.

or maybe she do something majestic or heroic...saving either Sasuke or Naruto from being killed at some point and get killed....

either way....so many reason why Sakura should die soon...since she already got her Huge Limelight and scene...nothing much left for her to do now...n die like Neji but this time protecting Sasuke!
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion