Can't see anything. =/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 01:59   Link #464
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Don't know if anyone posted this yet

Ehhh...not too keen on the Hot Topic look.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 04:58   Link #465
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Can't see anything. =/

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:14   Link #466
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Ehhh...not too keen on the Hot Topic look.
That's because all the clothes are real. SE decided to partner with a clothing company and only give them outfits that work in real life.
Old 2013-06-16, 17:23   Link #467
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm surprised with the all black set. Aren't they supposed to be civilian clothes? Noctis does have another black outfit which I find more appealing though.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 20:57   Link #468
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Yeah, I liked his original outfit a lot more than his current one.
Old 2013-06-16, 21:43   Link #469
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Don't know if anyone posted this yet
Spoiler for Yes!:
Wow, did my weekly news feed subscription break new records today with the E3 announcement. Seems everyone's got their initial reaction out of their system but it was interesting to see what the general consensus was.

First off:
"More girls nao!"

FFX-2 = Ugh, crap system, terrible storyline, rant, rant.
(But sexy girls)
Fanboys: Nyoooooo!

FF13 = Gameplay no good! Rant, rant...
(But hot sexy girls)
Fanboys: Nyoooooo!

FF15 = Where the girls at!?
Me: To hell with you lot, they released a trailer on 'gametrailers.com' back in 2010 or so with the five male mates walking down like outta some Hollywood action movie, and I'm glad they stuck with it!

Rather than 'eye candy' what happened to:
If the gameplay's good and battle system is decent, then I'd love to envision myself as one of these cool badassses in the game

As opposed to 'where are the females' x.x;;

I'm glad they kept it as it was, yes as a non-yaoi liking, game playing female, seeing this bunch gets my knickers in a twist and into 'humina mode', but the FF series has always been about the 'fantasy' for me.
The story, the world, the characters before the gameplay. Both are just as important, and not to mention, first and foremost, it's audience is Japanese.
(Ie, see the gag at the end when they changed the title)

I'm sure natives would have noticed that, for Westerners, it needed explaining 'this line is not part of the game by the way'

A lot of the discussions regarding the work ethic in SE after Wada as left do have credit but if there's one thing the natives here are (which can be seen as a weakness compared to China or Korea) is slow to change.
Slow to revolutionise, slow to take risks without 100% guarantee, slow to adapting and adjusting to the times, especially if stubborn arsed old men at the top of companies that just need to be shafted off so that younger designers and staff can work and move more freely, are doing all the controlling. We just can't see that either...

SE have been good at cock (pussy) teasing us for 6 years with teaser trailer after another, but regardless, my heart still wants to see this game completed and out on sale for sure.

I sincerely hope they do (and can) invest time into the dynamics of the game itself too, I'm sure the story is pretty set, whatever they release will piss off someone but please another in some way, but sure enough, first off, I think they'll be under pressure to create in a way that shows off what the PS4 is capable of...

Fingers crossed for the remainder of the development, in the meantime, bring on the bishies!!!
(I worry about the American VA cast though, if/when this gets dubbed for American release...)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 22:23   Link #470
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's more anger at the entire industry for systematically ignoring me and everyone else like me. I won't pay for a game that doesn't have a female lead. Period. I don't care how good it is--the only language a business understands is money.

I'll tell them what I think in the language they speak. I'm not going to buy a single game where the protagonist is locked as male until there is sex and gender parity in gaming protagonists.
Old 2013-06-16, 22:29   Link #471
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's more anger at the entire industry for systematically ignoring me and everyone else like me. I won't pay for a game that doesn't have a female lead. Period. I don't care how good it is--the only language a business understands is money.

I'll tell them what I think in the language they speak. I'm not going to buy a single game where the protagonist is locked as male until there is sex and gender parity in gaming protagonists.
Maybe from Final Fantasy XVI and onward the PC can be either gender depending on the player's choices at the beginning like in KOTOR, Fable 2 & 3, TES, etc.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 22:37   Link #472
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phirk View Post
Maybe from Final Fantasy XVI and onward the PC can be either gender depending on the player's choices at the beginning like in KOTOR, Fable 2 & 3, TES, etc.
That would require a shift in the way Square Enix develops their mainline Final Fantasy franchise--selectable protagonists of that nature are more WRPG than JRPG. Not that this has stopped other Japanese RPG developers--Atlus with Persona 3 Portable and From Software with Dark Souls. Nihon Falcom also has a female protagonist (not selectable!) for the first two Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki games (though the third entry in the series had a male lead).

Actually, weren't you able to choose the sex of your player character in Dragon Quest IX? That's a Square Enix property, too...
Old 2013-06-16, 22:44   Link #473
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:

You won't be playing a lot of games in the meantime then. That's like me saying 'No WoW until all the female characters breasts and arses are covered up!"
The millions of other male dominated players will happily pay enough for the franchise to keep going.

And hell even FF has female leads and major influences (see 6, 7, 10, 10-2 and 13 series)
I like that they go back and forth, share some love.
(And bring on the bishies!!) xD

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 22:48   Link #474
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

I don't understand you, honestly. Female protagonist is mostly aiming at the male fanbase anyway. Most female gamers I know only play game with pretty boys as the protagonist.

In all honesty, I prefer (and mostly use) female as my character, solely because I don't like the male character, but for some reason I don't feel like I am as much a sexist as you are =/.
Old 2013-06-16, 22:58   Link #475
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ you mean in gender choice games right? :Heh:
Old 2013-06-16, 23:05   Link #476
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

In any games. Be it's gender based MMO (Dragon Nest for example, I don't touch those male character), fighting games, or gender choice RPG. As long as there is a choice to choose a female character, I will go for it, and then go adapting my playstyle later.

But I don't go on about hating male characters. I like them, but I just like my female characters more.
Old 2013-06-16, 23:12   Link #477
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

So you're stereotyping me because a number of female gamers will pick the most bishie character possible?

*facepalm*

I don't like to play male characters and I only play them when I'm forced to, when I want to play the game regardless (DX1, DXHR, LA Noire comes to mind, but there are many more). If I have the option I will roll female, or I will play games with exclusively female protagonists.

I have no interest in man-candy; I'm not straight, for one. Secondly, I don't play characters in order to arouse me sexually; I play characters that I personally identify with, so I can feel more immersed in the story and game world.
Old 2013-06-16, 23:12   Link #478
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's not so much sexism than extreme feminism synaesthetic is expressing though Maxwell.

I think gender equality in games is alright as it is right now. It could probably be better, but if a game calls for either a male or female protagonist and not the other than that's just the way the concept was envisioned and should be accepted that way. Not every idea should have a mandatory option to choose either-or.
Old 2013-06-16, 23:17   Link #479
Vajra
So Like A Rose

It seems like some people have already decided to hate this game already and it hasn't even been released yet
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 23:23   Link #480
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I think gender equality in games is alright as it is right now.
sorry but do you live on the same planet I do