AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-29, 22:08   Link #321
Seitsuki
Onee!

Konoka x Setsuna obviously happened. Then one of their kids went and hooked up with one of Negi's kids. There, easy.

Then again...I have a hard time believing mages of their likely calibre would be done in by a damn car crash. Harry Potter vibes anyone?
Old 2013-08-29, 22:13   Link #322
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Konoka x Setsuna obviously happened. Then one of their kids went and hooked up with one of Negi's kids. There, easy.

Then again...I have a hard time believing mages of their likely calibre would be done in by a damn car crash. Harry Potter vibes anyone?
I'm pretty sure it showed the parents with spears stabbing through their backs while covering the kid. So ya don't think that happens in car crashes.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 22:18   Link #323
Tenzen12

Ok two possibilities how it went.

Spoiler for potencial family tree:
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 22:25   Link #324
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yes, let's start making the Overflow style incest chart with Negima characters.
That will end well.

naturally Negi's going to impregnate Touta's daughter now.
Old 2013-08-29, 22:56   Link #325
ellifeedn
Thinker

.... I hope the next chapter will explain things so that people will stop the pointless speculation.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 23:22   Link #326
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Well it's not out yet so I'm going to keep having fun with my pointless speculation. I wonder how long it has been since Eva drank blood. This may be the reason for her somewhat weakened state. She is in a low magic area with no blood drinking in a while. This could lead to an opening that can be exploited with a sealing item and binding spell. Anyway I hope we find out soon what happened to the really long lived people from Negima, Heck they may not even show up.
Old 2013-08-29, 23:49   Link #327
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
I actually found this very reasonable though. It's not strange for a shounen MC to screw things big time at first, but later becomes a badass as the story develops.
Not to mention he's undead. From the way Eva was talking, before he finished turning at the end of the chapter he just had some kind of provisional undeath she'd given him. Sounds like the kind of thing that might mess with your magical potential.

Regarding Eva's apparent weakness, I'm kind of wondering if it has something to do with Nagi's curse, still. Like it never got entirely lifted, but Mahora Academy changed in nature so much that the conceptual underpinnings of her confinement weakened.
Old 2013-08-29, 23:59   Link #328
Krono

Quote:
I would lean more towards the speculation she's still alive. It's hard to believe the whole family, including the high status Konoe's, is buried in one place while Negi's wife is somewhere else. However it doesn't make much sense for her to leave her grandchild in the care of a vampire, unless it's for his sake.

Are you implying she's being kept hidden to protect her from the culprit?
Well, if Negi's wife is indeed one of Eva's old classmates, it wouldn't be that peculiar for her to entrust her grandchild to Eva for safekeeping. It's obvious that someone magical tried to kill the family, and I kind of doubt it was a coincidence. Any human woman would be at least in her late 70s, and unlikely to be in shape to handle a rambunctious kid, much less be in fighting form. Especially as said grandchild apparently has amnesia and would not remember said grandparent making their job harder. Eva on the other hand is a 700 year old immortal vampire. He's pretty much by default in shape to handle rambunctious kids, and fight off attacks. Also Eva had to do something to save him, it's possible Eva needed to watch him for a while to make sure there were no unintended consequences.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 00:16   Link #329
whitecloud

Ya know....i wonder if lifemaker will appear again in this story to finish all loose end in negima?

And im thinking of a scenario (if tota is negi's grandson..)

Lifemaker: tota..you are here, you came to defeat me...
Tota : im here to finish the thing that my grandfather and father cannot finish many years ago, you!!
Lifemaker : do you think you can defeat me, tota? (pull of the hood), i am the strongest magician in the world you know...negi springfield...
Tota : grandfather...!!
Old 2013-08-30, 00:19   Link #330
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Not to mention he's undead. From the way Eva was talking, before he finished turning at the end of the chapter he just had some kind of provisional undeath she'd given him. Sounds like the kind of thing that might mess with your magical potential.

Regarding Eva's apparent weakness, I'm kind of wondering if it has something to do with Nagi's curse, still. Like it never got entirely lifted, but Mahora Academy changed in nature so much that the conceptual underpinnings of her confinement weakened.
The proof of his awesomeness is how he defeated that fake teacher just with one punch (one punch man ).

I on the other hand think Eva feigned her weakness as a way to push Touta forward, though things turn guro at some point. That might not come across as peculiar considering how hardcore her lessons were in Negi's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Well, if Negi's wife is indeed one of Eva's old classmates, it wouldn't be that peculiar for her to entrust her grandchild to Eva for safekeeping. It's obvious that someone magical tried to kill the family, and I kind of doubt it was a coincidence. Any human woman would be at least in her late 70s, and unlikely to be in shape to handle a rambunctious kid, much less be in fighting form. Especially as said grandchild apparently has amnesia and would not remember said grandparent making their job harder. Eva on the other hand is a 700 year old immortal vampire. He's pretty much by default in shape to handle rambunctious kids, and fight off attacks. Also Eva had to do something to save him, it's possible Eva needed to watch him for a while to make sure there were no unintended consequences.
Let's not forget that the Konoe family would possess tremendous power by that time. Even if the grandmother is unable to protect Touta, the rest of the family would have more than enough resource and power to shelter him, maybe even more than what Eva can do.

What piques my interest is the last conversation between Eva and Touta's mother. Apparently there's some secret Touta's holding that he must be kept alive no matter what, even if that means he has to become a monster (or else Eva might have made the parents immortal as well?). That might be the very reason no one suits this job of raising him better than Eva.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 00:23   Link #331
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Ya know....i wonder if lifemaker will appear again in this story to finish all loose end in negima?

And im thinking of a scenario (if tota is negi's grandson..)

Lifemaker: tota..you are here, you came to defeat me...
Tota : im here to finish the thing that my grandfather and father cannot finish many years ago, you!!
Lifemaker : do you think you can defeat me, tota? (pull of the hood), i am the strongest magician in the world you know...negi springfield...
Tota : grandfather...!!
>.< ... I'd rather take my chances with the life maker than Negi... or heck even Jack. Negi was a monster at 10. With 50 years to improve he'd be godlike. One thing that would be amusing is if this is cosmo entelecheia. and they are going to have to find a way out to the real world after the restoration of Mars turned into a failure.
Old 2013-08-30, 00:43   Link #332
Krono

Quote:
Let's not forget that the Konoe family would possess tremendous power by that time. Even if the grandmother is unable to protect Touta, the rest of the family would have more than enough resource and power to shelter him, maybe even more than what Eva can do.
Umm, Konoka was an only child, and does not seem to have had cousins. If she had only one child herself, then said child met their end turned into a pincushin trying to protect Touta.

So the Konoe family would not possess tremendous power at that point. It would be whatever an aged Konoka and Setsuna could managed. I kind of doubt their retainers would be sufficiently up to snuff.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 03:27   Link #333
Xfraze

I really hope Evangeline is the heroine of this manga. It may not be the love story she wanted, but it is the one she deserves....

I am also digging how it has a dark ambiance from the start. I doubt this manga will tell us the answer to one of the biggest mysteries in Negima, but I am hopeful.
Xfraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 04:12   Link #334
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

Let me get this straight? two girls can't have a child only if they adopted it. But, like I said before, I don't think that Ken Akamatsu would do that kind of thing. Believe me, it would be new, a shounen manga with that kind of plot...........................

I've heard the most Weirdest theories, let's wait patiently maybe the next chapters will give us some answers.
Old 2013-08-30, 04:32   Link #335
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

About that same-sex parents having kids......

New research suggests women can make sperm, and men can make eggs
Old 2013-08-30, 04:32   Link #336
Seitsuki
Onee!

Science or magic, take your pick. It's already a near possibility in our world, never mind theirs.
Old 2013-08-30, 05:06   Link #337
Tenzen12

Quote:
The proof of his awesomeness is how he defeated that fake teacher just with one punch (one punch man ).

I on the other hand think Eva feigned her weakness as a way to push Touta forward, though things turn guro at some point. That might not come across as peculiar considering how hardcore her lessons were in Negi's time.
Touta wasn't that awesome, he was inferior bot in term speed and skill, reason why he won was that his regeneration caught fake sensei of guard. And regarding of Eva I don't think she faked it either as FT was profesional and bracelet was item prepared especialy counter Eva and she got lot of damage when by suprise.

Also while It's just my personal theory, Eva might be significantly weaker compared to Negima times due transfering part of her power. (Nerfing her would also make sense naratively as she is hax).

Quote:
What piques my interest is the last conversation between Eva and Touta's mother. Apparently there's some secret Touta's holding that he must be kept alive no matter what, even if that means he has to become a monster (or else Eva might have made the parents immortal as well?). That might be the very reason no one suits this job of raising him better than Eva.
Eva wouldn't make immortals on that scale, she have even regret for granting curse of immortality to Touta as she doesn't seem it as nice thing. I am pretty sure if his parent's didn't asked she would just let him die together with them.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 05:13   Link #338
chaosprophet

Quote:
Apparently Touta's parents die in 2068 (there's this distinct diagonal line that's part of number 8, and it's obvious that it's 206x) and the mother is born in 2050. Judging from the seifuku of the girls and Touta's behavior I would hazard a guess he should be in middle school, say 12 years old? That will make it 18 the age Touta's mom gives birth to him (2058), then gets killed when he's 10 (2068), which is believable to me.
Touta's age is 14. When Eva offers the Zoo tickets he goes like "I was interested in that when I was 12, 2 years ago". If your date of 2068 for the death is true that would mean Touta was born in 2056, so his mother would have had him at age of 6.

And looking at some images where people tried to make the dates more visible, I'm leaning more to 2084 now, but we will see.
Old 2013-08-30, 06:55   Link #339
ReddyRedWolf

If in this timeline New Tokyo is Mahora, while there are some with long lifespans there is one who dead already that is stuck there.

Sayo is ghost who was not noticed until Negi came along.

Now Eva has her immortality Sayo's hang up is that she cant pass on. Assuming she didn't already maybe this time Ken will shed light into her death. One WMG I've heard is that in her back story she was to be a victim of a serial killer.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 11:02   Link #340
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
About that same-sex parents having kids......

New research suggests women can make sperm, and men can make eggs
It is still not possible because, they are still researching it : I quote:

'in other words, humans are a lot more complex than mice. And of course experimenting on them is a lot more ethically problematic. Still, it's a fascinating avenue of research'

But in the world of anime/manga everything is possible. But the question is, would Ken Akamatsu do that kind of thing? and how will his fans react to that? his protagonist (Touta) who has actually two mothers and a father? Well, you never know but Ken Akamatsu doesn't have a history of doing that kind of things.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love