Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-26, 18:02   Link #521
Key Board
Carbon

It's a "travel set" toothbrush
There wouldn't be much reason for it to be Kazusa's own toothbrush

but yes, it could have been any other guest
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 18:42   Link #522
velocity7

Though knowing Haruki and how he's so thorough about everything, he might have put his name on the stuff in his travel set...
Old 2013-10-26, 18:52   Link #523
ices
Working Hard

What's wrong with a travel set?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 18:56   Link #524
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
What's wrong with a travel set?
Nothing. It's rather that it forshadows that Setsuna will eventually find out that Haruki was staying at Kazusa's often enough to warrant keeping a toothbrush there.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 20:53   Link #525
karuroso

Many moons ago when the first White Album was airing I decided to ignore it since that season I was wachting a lot a of shows and I only kept hearing bad things and people raging D= (but I was very tempeted though, having Mizuki Nana as an idol...) and so I almost ignored this one, and I have to say I'm really glad I didn't, my favorite by far in this season, so is the first WA really that much of rage inducing? This ep made me want to marathon the first one D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 21:40   Link #526
velocity7

I haven't heard good things about the first one myself, but I would definitely recommend going through this.
Old 2013-10-26, 21:46   Link #527
Tenzen12

I thinking about watching that. Yeah, it should be rage fest, but he and that annoying girl broke up, so it can't be that bad
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:50   Link #528
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Funnily enough she's clearly different from the style that Seven Arcs used to portray her in S1. And claiming that she has over 100 songs?! Excuse me while I laugh; I doubt Leaf could hire a big-ticket seiyuu like Nana Mizuki to sing anywhere near that number of songs without bankrupting itself.

Last I remember, the WA2 PS3 animated OP had Kazusa wear an open white shirt instead of a towel. I take it they're upping the ante so as not to just repeat what game players saw in the game. The "subway train" encounter was less extreme in the game by all accounts as well--Kazusa didn't pull Haruki to the point where she had to use her "shock absorbers."
Spoiler for wa1?:

Spoiler for :

Haruki's act when reaching Kazusa's house really like he's at his home.... suddenly want to enter the house because he knew there's no one other than Kazusa in there lol

pity Takeya.... he's the one making the club but is not allowed to perform lol

WA1 is fine to be watched, after all Maruto made WA2 based one WA1.... well the only good things I'd heard is only about how Rina's seiyuu was Mizuki Nana lol

Last edited by Leon_Lelouch; 2013-10-26 at 23:48.
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 23:05   Link #529
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone that all comparisons to the WA2 game must be behind clearly-marked spoiler tags, even if you think you're not "spoiling" anything. All comparisons to the first White Album anime or game must also be behind properly-marked spoiler tags, and also be relevant to the discussion of this show. I'd encourage people to adjust their posts above accordingly now, and keep this in mind going forward. Failure to comply with the Spoiler Policy is subject to infractions and bans.

It may be a good idea for all game players to restrict their game conversation to game threads to avoid the risk of being banned for off-topic and unmarked spoilers.

Of course it goes without saying that any comment that gives away future content is forbidden entirely, whether behind spoiler tags or not.

Please consider this note going forward, and do report any post that breaks these rules. Thank you...
Old 2013-10-27, 08:35   Link #530
liro
Super Driver

A rare sight of blushing Touma.

Nade nade~

The gifs are free to use

Another great episode, I love how Kitahara and Touma are getting closer and closer to each other. Poor Ogiso, looks like she has one-sided love and becomes kind of third wheel between Kitahara and Touma.... kizutsuite... kizutsukerarete...

Just want to say 'nice travel kits'.
Old 2013-10-27, 09:04   Link #531
Arya

About the episode, well Touma surely knows how to lead. I'm really glad they are exploring her character to which I'm already fond of, but I start to feel the competition a bit unbalanced. I mean, I hope they will explore also Setsuna, but not just in function of her being/feeling as the third wheel. But given the discovery she just made in Touma's bathroom, I don't see that happens. Even if a bit fast apparently she already crossed the point of not return. And even about Haruki's behavior, it felt a bit too much accustomed to Touma's house.
Anyways, not real complains, probably it's just I was hoping for a slower building up of their relationship. But since they have just one week left before the fair I guess there was no choice. And this is a sort of prologue to the drama.
In any case my bet goes to Touma's best-friendship taking over her mortal-enemyship, mixed together with her statement about Haruki usual efforts being lame to be enough to seduce her. A clear clue that he will need to work really, really hard to get through her walls.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-27 at 23:22. Reason: removed WA1 discussion
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 10:03   Link #532
EroKing

Got to love assertive women
Old 2013-10-27, 10:56   Link #533
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, the way i'm currently describing WA2 through two episodes is "genuine." it just feels real to me. but yeah, this is before all the heartache, angst, jealousy, and whatever other emotions this show can throw at me though.. (which we all know are coming)

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 10:59   Link #534
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Gotta love Kazusa defrosting herself further in Episode 4, especially when she spends her time lecturing and training Haruki to be the best guitarist. Of course, it won't be easy since he has to practice playing "Sound of Destiny".

Spoiler for Real-Life Allusion:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 11:55   Link #535
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I came in late to the party due to RL stuff, but do we have clam flip phones that are capable of colour-images in 1996?

Images
Touch her not for she is mine
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Comparison to the Game:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-27 at 23:27.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 11:57   Link #536
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

From the concert scene at the beginning of the first episode, it has seemed that Setsuna will be left behind. It looked like this could be a real tragedy, with the ultimate disaster (for her and for the group) obvious from the beginning and developing inevitably. This may still be the case, but things are evolving that way so quickly that I now wonder if we might not be surprised by the end.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-27 at 23:26. Reason: removed quoted post, so removed reply
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 15:10   Link #537
Aqua Knight

I am on the "I liked WA1" train too.
All that lack of mobile connection and main character especially Rina were just top notch compared to other romance anime.

And I like how WA2 is developing and Touma too. Best girl!!!!
Old 2013-10-27, 17:28   Link #538
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

[mod edit: removed game-related question response]

and speaking of the characters, i like both Touma and Setsuna. not having a ship in a show like this is rare..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-27 at 23:36.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:14   Link #539
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
...and speaking of the characters, i like both Touma and Setsuna. not having a ship in a show like this is rare.
Hey, that's true. Me, too. The only thing is that one feels Touma could take "losing" better than Setsuna could. Or could she?

I like the fact that the foundation of the romantic development between Touma and Kitahara took place before the show started, in silence, when they were just sitting next to each other in class.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 21:07   Link #540
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Spoiler for Comparison to the VN:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-27 at 23:24. Reason: more descriptive spoiler tag
Free is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical