Goat Herder
*Author

> implying we can trust the words of those in charge of the show
Old 2013-10-29, 19:26   Link #9822
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Not this s*it again... Destiny Gundam isn't the main Gundam just because the show is called Destiny. The main Gundam in Seed is the Strike and it's successor the Freedom.. We didn't have a Seed Gundam now did we?

The main gundam in Destiny is Impulse. And for the second half it's S-Freedom, I-Justice and Destiny. Yes, All three of them. Cos the into's said so!
"Seed" is from Fukuda wanting to make this a "new" UC... Its the birth of a new universe, that kind of thing (similar origin to the title "Gundam 00" since 0 is a symbol of rebirth in Japan)

"Destiny" is because Fukuda thought it sound cool..

Those are the official meaning of the show's titles from Fukuda himself.
Old 2013-10-29, 19:33   Link #9823
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And yet in both cases (Destiny and 00), they like so many other Gundam shows are also the name of the titular Gundam. 00 had the 00 Gundam, Destiny had the Destiny Gundam, just like Zeta had the Zeta Gundam, X had the Gundam X, so on and so forth.
Old 2013-10-30, 21:14   Link #9824
Lagnes

Check out this Gundam Seed Parody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuTqM0VXVQ8

I know the first episode is okay but knowing the creators it will get better! Like and subscribe to keep up!
Lagnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:22   Link #9825
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's already been linked before.
Old 2013-10-30, 22:42   Link #9826
Deadpool2000

Nothing like a spambot ad campaign to completely kill any interest I'd have of watching it...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 23:21   Link #9827
Lagnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Nothing like a spambot ad campaign to completely kill any interest I'd have of watching it...
lol, not a bot. Just a creator hoping to get a few more views and feedback
Lagnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 23:24   Link #9828
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Technically speaking, though, you're not allowed to promote stuff in such a fashion--you are, however, allowed to link it in your signature and promote it that way.
Old 2013-10-30, 23:39   Link #9829
Lagnes

Forgot that rule, my bad. New to the forum and all that. Thanks for the heads up
Old 2013-10-31, 00:49   Link #9830
Deadpool2000

Brand new account, every single post related to the same video, one of them saying you know the guys, another saying you ARE one of the guys...

Bot or not, still makes me not want to watch anything you push.
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 10:20   Link #9831
Lagnes

So, in an attempt to bring this thread off it's tangential path, what are the odds that a third season of SEED will be made. They have not completely give upon on the show, seeing as the went ahead and remastered GSD. I'm sure this conv. topic was brought up before but what do people think now?
Old 2013-10-31, 10:45   Link #9832
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnes View Post
So, in an attempt to bring this thread off it's tangential path, what are the odds that a third season of SEED will be made. They have not completely give upon on the show, seeing as the went ahead and remastered GSD. I'm sure this conv. topic was brought up before but what do people think now?
I think a remastering of an old series comes naturally whenever there's a new format of home video (in this case, Blu-ray Disc). Even more so if the series is popular. It's all just part of home-video business/marketing. Doesn't mean the remastering alone will lead or pave the way to a sequel. For example: Star Trek Next Generation got remastered for the BD release recently, doesn't mean they'll make a sequel series telling the continuation story of Captain Picard and co.
Old 2013-10-31, 12:27   Link #9833
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think a remastering of an old series comes naturally whenever there's a new format of home video (in this case, Blu-ray Disc). Even more so if the series is popular. It's all just part of home-video business/marketing. Doesn't mean the remastering alone will lead or pave the way to a sequel. For example: Star Trek Next Generation got remastered for the BD release recently, doesn't mean they'll make a sequel series telling the continuation story of Captain Picard and co.
That comparison is flawed considering that Voyager and DS9 were sequels to TNG already made before the BD. And they are in the some continuity as TNG, although not a continuation of Picard's story.

Anyway, remastering by itself doesn't mean there will be a sequel but the fact that there was supposed to be a movie for CE does bring hope that there will be a sequel.

Of course, it'll probably never come anyway considering how much trouble they had with Destiny. Imagine another Destiny animation disaster, which I hope never comes.

It would be better to have no sequel than to have a horrible sequel with recycled scenes again.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 12:39   Link #9834
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
Of course, it'll probably never come anyway considering how much trouble they had with Destiny. Imagine another Destiny animation disaster, which I hope never comes.

It would be better to have no sequel than to have a horrible sequel with recycled scenes again.
Eh? I doubt animation difficulty is what's keeping a sequel series from happening at this point. I'd say the main reason would be because they're always trying to capture new audience with their TV series. That being the case, a movie/OVA sequel could happen someday, depending on how well the remaster is doing.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 13:35   Link #9835
Aquaman OS

I'm sure if they had a 3rd Seed series they wouldn't be using animation again.

They probably can't at this point. The stock footage would be too old, for one and unless they specficially wrote the series so it was more SF/IJ taking out Zaft grunts again the footage wouldn't fit.

Plus they wouldn't be behind because they rushed it into production immediately following Seed.

No while another Seed show would have problems (probably because of the way Destiny ended the story) animation wouldn't be one of them.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 16:13   Link #9836
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I'm sure if they had a 3rd Seed series they wouldn't be using animation again.

They probably can't at this point. The stock footage would be too old, for one and unless they specficially wrote the series so it was more SF/IJ taking out Zaft grunts again the footage wouldn't fit.

Plus they wouldn't be behind because they rushed it into production immediately following Seed.

No while another Seed show would have problems (probably because of the way Destiny ended the story) animation wouldn't be one of them.
I meant recycling animation of the new show. New animation just reused again and again and again.

I think they should just get new directors and writers to fix the problems and have an OVA format to fix animation issues and maintain quality. Stargazer was great and more of those types of stories would be better for CE tbh. More interesting at least.

I remember reading that Astray is up to the 3rd Bloody Valentine War or something like that. That would be great material for an OVA.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 17:05   Link #9837
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That comparison is flawed considering that Voyager and DS9 were sequels to TNG already made before the BD. And they are in the some continuity as TNG, although not a continuation of Picard's story.
A "sequel series" doesn't really function as a sequel in spirit if it doesn't continue the story of any characters in previous story. Same continuity alone doesn't make it a sequel, more like a spin off (like those many CSI series). In this case, Star Trek TNG & Voyager is like SEED & Stargazer. The later series happen in the future continuity but by all means not an actual sequel of the former series.
Old 2013-10-31, 17:22   Link #9838
S.Freedom

Quote:
I remember reading that Astray is up to the 3rd Bloody Valentine War or something like that. That would be great material for an OVA.
A third war I think not. Their was just a group that wanted to start a third war because they didn't think two teenage girls where capable of being world leaders. Thankfully Serpeant tail and the Junk Guild stopped them before they could do much
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 19:24   Link #9839
Aquaman OS

Problem is if they have a 3rd destructive war it means Durandal was right and Kira and Lacus were wrong, and I doubt the staff would do that after Destiny.

I think aliens was the next step, but 00 beat them to it.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 19:47   Link #9840
Destined_Fate

Or they could pull a Frozen Teardrop. I'm sure many a fan will squee if Kira becomes a forever young bishie vampire with a Gundam named after a female story book character.

Lacus can wear a mask and fight Kira with Gundam skills no one knew she had before.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep