AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-31, 20:54   Link #9841
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Problem is if they have a 3rd destructive war it means Durandal was right and Kira and Lacus were wrong, and I doubt the staff would do that after Destiny.

I think aliens was the next step, but 00 beat them to it.
I always wanted to see an army/pod of flying space whales.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Or they could pull a Frozen Teardrop. I'm sure many a fan will squee if Kira becomes a forever young bishie vampire with a Gundam named after a female story book character.

Lacus can wear a mask and fight Kira with Gundam skills no one knew she had before.
I would pay to see that lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 22:28   Link #9842
quagmire

I'm surprised they didn't have Stella walk into Freedom's beam saber.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 22:51   Link #9843
Lagnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I'm surprised they didn't have Stella walk into Freedom's beam saber.
Yes, please give Shin another reason to hate the Freedom any more than he already did
Old 2013-10-31, 22:57   Link #9844
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnes View Post
Yes, please give Shin another reason to hate the Freedom any more than he already did
Why would it give Shinn another reason to hate the Freedom/Kira? It was Stella that would walk into it instead of Kira intentionally stabbing Stella like he did. I do hate Kira for that though. Should have waited until Stella blasted Shinn away.....

Anyway, it was a joke since there is an ongoing argument over the writers seeming to want to wash the blood off of Kira's hands. Look at how they remastered Nicol's death. Nicol jumped into the Strike's sword.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 23:00   Link #9845
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
A "sequel series" doesn't really function as a sequel in spirit if it doesn't continue the story of any characters in previous story. Same continuity alone doesn't make it a sequel, more like a spin off (like those many CSI series). In this case, Star Trek TNG & Voyager is like SEED & Stargazer. The later series happen in the future continuity but by all means not an actual sequel of the former series.
I'm pretty sure it's still a sequel, especially if it advances the timeline. Take ZZ for example. Amuro,Char and even Kamille for the most part don't appear but it's still a sequel to Zeta. Unicorn is also a sequel to Char's Counterattack even though Amuro and Char are gone.

I'm taking the definition of sequel as "A literary, dramatic, or cinematic work whose narrative continues that of a preexisting work. "

So therefore, since the timeline is advanced, it's a sequel. Voyager and DS9 advance the timeline, so they're sequels. (Although it's also true that some of it does overlap with TNG's timeline although I'm not a Trekkie so I don't know how and what.)

However I would agree that they aren't "direct sequel" which is what I think you're trying to say.

And I think Stargazer was a side-story to Destiny and happened in the timeline of Destiny not after or before but concurrently. So it isn't a sequel but a side-story.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 23:02   Link #9846
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Or they could pull a Frozen Teardrop. I'm sure many a fan will squee if Kira becomes a forever young bishie vampire with a Gundam named after a female story book character.

Lacus can wear a mask and fight Kira with Gundam skills no one knew she had before.
Nah, they should pull off a trailblazer ending. But instead have both Kira and Lacus become metal. Metal love lasts forever.
Old 2013-10-31, 23:22   Link #9847
monster

Quote:
Problem is if they have a 3rd destructive war it means Durandal was right and Kira and Lacus were wrong, and I doubt the staff would do that after Destiny.
Uh, what? Neither side was saying that a conflict couldn't start again with the status quo. Kira even said it himself that he was prepared to fight again.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 23:32   Link #9848
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
This would make sense, since GSD was intended to be CE's version of Zeta.

Much like how Scirocco screwed over Kamille (in the original TV version), Durandal being proven right may mean that Durandal screwed over Kira and Lacus.

My interpretation is that Durandal forced them to fight again, when all they wanted to do is live in peace.
Old 2013-10-31, 23:33   Link #9849
Destined_Fate

I see.

Kira turns into Metal, Lacus becomes old, and the Strike Freedom transforms into a Flower.

Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Why would it give Shinn another reason to hate the Freedom/Kira? It was Stella that would walk into it instead of Kira intentionally stabbing Stella like he did. I do hate Kira for that though. Should have waited until Stella blasted Shinn away.....

Anyway, it was a joke since there is an ongoing argument over the writers seeming to want to wash the blood off of Kira's hands. Look at how they remastered Nicol's death. Nicol jumped into the Strike's sword.
Why should Shinn hate Kira more if Stella walked into it for the HD Remaster?

Simple.

Because Nicol played the piano.

Even Athrun understands this!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 23:37   Link #9850
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
I see.

Kira turns into Metal, Lacus becomes old, and the Strike Freedom transforms into a Flower.

Perfect.

Why should Shinn hate Kira more if Stella walked into it for the HD Remaster?

Simple.

Because Nicol played the piano.

Even Athrun understands this!
Remember, as of the HD Remaster, Kira Yamato didn't kill Nicol Amalfi.

Nicol Amalfi killed Nicol Amalfi.
Old 2013-10-31, 23:51   Link #9851
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post

Old 2013-11-01, 00:39   Link #9852
Skye629

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Lets see, how many more eps till Angel Down? 2? The YouTube tears will fuel my studies
Old 2013-11-01, 00:49   Link #9853
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The YouTube tears will fuel my studies
What are these YouTube tears and what you studying?
Old 2013-11-01, 01:04   Link #9854
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hmm. So the Berlin battle has come and gone.

I sure hope someone picks up that phone.
Old 2013-11-01, 01:12   Link #9855
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
Nah, they should pull off a trailblazer ending. But instead have both Kira and Lacus become metal. Metal love lasts forever.
But we don't even have an idea of what happened to Felt or the others, not even what has happened to Setsuna. The ending was left so ambiguous. No one know what happened with the crew. Even Japanese reviewers felt the ending was unsatisfying.
Old 2013-11-01, 01:17   Link #9856
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post

Uh...did they have Blitz trip on it's own beam saber?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 01:31   Link #9857
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
What are these YouTube tears and what you studying?
Reading all the butthurt/strike on YouTube/forums over an anime puts me in a happy mood (yeah Im a bad person)

Happy mood = better studying (college)
Old 2013-11-01, 04:10   Link #9858
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
But we don't even have an idea of what happened to Felt or the others, not even what has happened to Setsuna. The ending was left so ambiguous. No one know what happened with the crew. Even Japanese reviewers felt the ending was unsatisfying.
I was being sarcastic. Trailblazer's ending was really weird. The Alien Flower and Metal Setsuna and Alien Quanta was quite off-setting. Everything was pretty stupid imho with the aliens.

But that's 00 and not CE.
Old 2013-11-01, 06:11   Link #9859
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
However I would agree that they aren't "direct sequel" which is what I think you're trying to say.
Yes, I'm not that good with English phrases.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's still a sequel, especially if it advances the timeline. Take ZZ for example. Amuro,Char and even Kamille for the most part don't appear but it's still a sequel to Zeta. Unicorn is also a sequel to Char's Counterattack even though Amuro and Char are gone.
I still count ZZ as a direct sequel to Zeta coz it's still has Bright and his Argama crew and also Haman Karn. Those two are prominent in Zeta. Plus, even though he's not the MC anymore, the story in ZZ still directly involve Camille (at least in the early eps). Remember the scene where Judau being touched by the mentally-broken-down Camille and experienced the Newtype sensation? I think that's Tomino's way of "passing the torch" of Gundam MC from Camille to Judau (thus, a direct sequel).

As for Unicorn: Bright is still there along with Char's clone who still has the real one's memory of the climactic event in CCA. You can even add Mineva, Kai, Beltorchika and that Argama's doctor from the previous series who appeared and had minor roles.

That is so unlike Star Trek TNG & Voyager.

Quote:
And I think Stargazer was a side-story to Destiny and happened in the timeline of Destiny not after or before but concurrently. So it isn't a sequel but a side-story.
Like I said, Stargazer happened after SEED in terms of timeline. But just like my comparison before, Stargazer is not a direct sequel to SEED, just like Voyager is not a direct sequel to TNG.

And I think I'll stop talking about Star Trek now since this is not the place and you said it yourself that you're not a Trekkie (have you watched the entirety of TNG & Voyager?). So, yeah.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-11-01 at 06:21.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 14:36   Link #9860
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That is so unlike Star Trek TNG & Voyager.
How about Reginald Barclay and Deanna Troi? And you have Miles and Keiko O'Brien and Worf in DS9, along with Q (both DS9 and VOY) and Tom Riker and Lwaxana Troi. So I think those count as direct sequels as well. TNG simply had multiple sequels following different characters, including the movies.

Now, as for Destiny, I still say the biggest obstacle for a TV series sequel would be the target audience.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep