Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-04, 19:51   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Ep 5: "To face the true battle, fly, Gundam!"
>? (X)
Like Brightman said, It's a "Murrue preview" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
@Obelisk: Murrue is not a mom though is she? Thus she's not a MILF
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't M in MILF stands for "Mature" instead of "Mom/Mother"?
Old 2013-11-04, 20:23   Link #22
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't M in MILF stands for "Mature" instead of "Mom/Mother"?
Well this is the general meaning:

MILF
mɪlf/
nouninformal

a sexually attractive older woman, typically one who has children.

But the meaning of the acronym is a tad too much for me to post...

On a side note gotta love that Gouf.
Old 2013-11-04, 20:41   Link #23
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I thought it meant "Mannered, Intelligent, Lovely Female."

No, wait, that's not right...

"My Intimate Little Friend"!

No, that's not it either. Dammit.

Oh, it must've been "Men Idolize, Lesbians Fantasize!"

Wait...
Old 2013-11-04, 20:51   Link #24
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
When Sei's MS miraculously survived being hit by Mao's satellite cannon and said he wasn't the pilot, I was half expecting it to be Kira Yamato/it's great to know they kept Strike's plot armour...
Just don't let a Mwu look alike pilot it.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 21:25   Link #25
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Umm, the title of the first episode? The last line of dialogue of said episode?

Jamil: "Tsuki wa deteiru ka?"(Has the moon come out?)

Sei: "tsuki wa deteiru!" (The moon has come out!)

The last episodes title of X was "The moon will always be there" btw...
Now that you mention it I remember, but I still wouldn't consider that famous, and it took me forever to tie it to Jamil...I just figured that every comment regarding the moon was an X reference
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 23:18   Link #26
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Now that you mention it I remember, but I still wouldn't consider that famous, and it took me forever to tie it to Jamil...I just figured that every comment regarding the moon was an X reference
It's famous to me, lol. come on, it IS the title of the first episode... What, you don't remember all the first episode titles in Gundam? j/k

But yeah, I just thought it was pretty cool to throw in that reference in there.
Old 2013-11-05, 02:05   Link #27
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
When Sei's MS miraculously survived being hit by Mao's satellite cannon and said he wasn't the pilot, I was half expecting it to be Kira Yamato/it's great to know they kept Strike's plot armour...
Ya I felt the same sorry but any mobile suit should be dust from that shot especially if they got it fired at them point blank.

Aslo damn bastard taking out the Gp02 like that always liked GP 02 due to how bulky it was.
Old 2013-11-05, 03:05   Link #28
Skye629

Quote:
Like Brightman said, It's a "Murrue preview" .

Haha no

I'll be blunt, its:

Mother
I'd
Like (to)
F---

Im probably gonna get scolded by an admin for this lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 03:14   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Well this is the general meaning:

MILF
mɪlf/
nouninformal

a sexually attractive older woman, typically one who has children.

But the meaning of the acronym is a tad too much for me to post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I thought it meant "Mannered, Intelligent, Lovely Female."

No, wait, that's not right...

"My Intimate Little Friend"!

No, that's not it either. Dammit.

Oh, it must've been "Men Idolize, Lesbians Fantasize!"

Wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Haha no

I'll be blunt, its:

Mother
I'd
Like (to)
F---

Im probably gonna get scolded by an admin for this lol
Well, thanks for explaining it to me, fellas .
Old 2013-11-05, 03:19   Link #30
Skye629

Quote:
Well, thanks for explaining it to me, fellas .
Always learning something new lol.....even if its as weird/wrong as this xD
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 06:36   Link #31
Aurelis
Daydreamer

I wonder what other kits Mao was carrying. It's quite insane to have a Kshatriya around. That box is huge and it's crazier to gift something that requires you to paint the Sleeves' emblems. Probably have to gift a Sinanju on his way back

The episode made me wonder a lot about the possibilities, like what did Takeshi Iori do to gain such a reputation and if it's the norm to have a "Master" in the Gunpla Battle universe. All these makes the 1st place winner all the more powerful-sounding.

Well, more appearance of my favourite units, including that GP02, which unfortunately, was not well equipped at all. GP02 just isn't meant for 1-v-1 situations, unless you're Anavel Gato. And of course, Sei's completed S Gundam:

Despite the battles recently, nothing has wow-ed me like the match between Yuuki and Reiji. The movement details such as the low sweep and the upward beam saber made the match far more entertaining.

Onto things raised by the other posters, I think Gundam anime exists as Sei recited the Wing's storyline and that Kirara spent time to watch the series. And I also liked that Sei wasn't bothered with the girlfriend comment, he's truly the best main character for me
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 09:32   Link #32
NeutralZero

The way Gp02 got dismantled like that... LOL
Gp02 lacks fire power and customization (just green) and is only getting its rightful destruction going against an all around type... they should had use the MLRS variant of Gp02...

Sei not recting to be labled as class pre's bf, either he's his hormones hasn't kick up yet or his head's just filled with Gundam for him to react...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 11:15   Link #33
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
I think Gundam anime exists as Sei recited the Wing's storyline and that Kirara spent time to watch the series.
Oh, I know that they exist. I was thinking more of a "current" show. Then again, I suppose they could be in between shows right now.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 14:40   Link #34
Frontier

Another very enjoyable episode of Build Fighters .

We all knew it was coming eventually, but it was nice to finally hear Ral say the line .

Build Fighters continues to have some great references to past Gundam shows. The Wing, X, and G references, as well as Kotono Mitsuishi pretty much reprising her role as Murrue for the next episode preview were some personal highlights .

The show also continues to be quite hilarious. Highlights for me include Ricardo's failure to pick up chicks with Gunpla, Mao's introduction with Sei and China's ensuing reaction, and Mrs. Iori finding the fact that her husband has a rival to somehow be a good thing. It's the characters that sell it .

I don't think the fights in this episode were anything to write home about, though they're likely saving their budget for the more important fights further into the series. It has me very excited for when the Build Strike finally, properly, goes up against the X Maoh and the Wing Fenice

I think this episode basically confirms that Ral has the ability to randomly show up anywhere where he's needed, either for exposition, to help out girls in need, or to end imaginary fights .

Speaking of, the imaginary fight between the X Maoh and the Build Strike was a nice surprise, since I was actually expecting a proper fight in the episode. Sei and Mao becoming Kira and Garrod respectively was also something I definitely did not see coming. I didn't think Mao looked half bad as Garrod, and I agree that Sei is a better Kira than Reiji. It's the hair that ruins it .

So now the Build Strike has two guns? That's not what I'd necessarily call an upgrade, but I can see why Sei would want a stronger offensive beam rifle after "seeing" the "Satellite Cannon" in action.

I'm still quite curious to see how the MK. II in the opening and ending is going to factor into things.

I'm very interested to find out what's going on with Yuuki, especially with that shot of him at the end of the episode. Will Sei and Reiji get the showdown they've been longing for, especially Reiji? Or will they have to wait for the real tournament for their chance at fighting him? Will the show even bother showing Sazaki getting trounced by the Build Strike again ?
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 21:51   Link #35
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I find it odd that this is practically a guntaku dream where everything gets mashed together in a light-hearted package. Last time that happened was G Gundam, why is GBF treated so differently by franchise followers?

After all, what is Gundam if not blocky mechs in gratuitous combat, mountains of references to all previous series, recurring themes, just in a different setting (or different part of the timeline)? Because being "serious", "no bullshit" and "kill em all" is not a constant thread through all Gundam series. Even blocky might not be constant (Turn A wasn't blocky).

Or has fans, in the pursuit of "purity", completely forgotten what fun Gundam is about? Like everything wrong with fans in modern entertainment?

EDIT:

THAT IMAGINATION BATTLE! I never expected my old Chouni Syndrome to ever make it into an anime. Much less involving X Gundam -- that model's Story Grade was my first completed Gunpla! XD

Admit it you guys, when you had a few young guys and Gunpla, you were arguing with each other in that exact same manner. All we lacked was Ral to get in there...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-11-05 at 23:47.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 00:21   Link #36
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I find it odd that this is practically a guntaku dream where everything gets mashed together in a light-hearted package. Last time that happened was G Gundam, why is GBF treated so differently by franchise followers?

After all, what is Gundam if not blocky mechs in gratuitous combat, mountains of references to all previous series, recurring themes, just in a different setting (or different part of the timeline)? Because being "serious", "no bullshit" and "kill em all" is not a constant thread through all Gundam series. Even blocky might not be constant (Turn A wasn't blocky).

Or has fans, in the pursuit of "purity", completely forgotten what fun Gundam is about? Like everything wrong with fans in modern entertainment?

EDIT:

THAT IMAGINATION BATTLE! I never expected my old Chouni Syndrome to ever make it into an anime. Much less involving X Gundam -- that model's Story Grade was my first completed Gunpla! XD

Admit it you guys, when you had a few young guys and Gunpla, you were arguing with each other in that exact same manner. All we lacked was Ral to get in there...
I don't know about you guys but in my gunpla imagination, I've always dreamed, wished and hoped that I would wake up to see my model kits missing. And as I ventured out, I am suddenly blinded by lights and smoke, to which I will find a pretty pilot extending her hand to me, helped me aboard the Ex-S Gundam and bring me away on a space fleet consisted only of the prettiest of pilots and my model kits which have turned into full working units. We then fire a nuke on Earth and sail away on the mothership, terrorizing galaxies.

About the part on "imagination" battle, I think some people may not be able to accept it as it is a little farfetched. How can two modellers exactly compute the battle outcome without being bias and why go with the imagination battle when there exist the machine.

Other than that, I love the amalgamation of Gundam universe and find the freedom of the universe to allow many exciting combinations, such as multiverse matchups, custom and original designs and also, things we could not possibly have seen before. You notice how often they use their head vulcans in this show to force enemy to evade, despite how redundant we know that weapon is?
Old 2013-11-06, 06:04   Link #37
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I don't know about you guys but in my gunpla imagination, I've always dreamed, wished and hoped that I would wake up to see my model kits missing. And as I ventured out, I am suddenly blinded by lights and smoke, to which I will find a pretty pilot extending her hand to me, helped me aboard the Ex-S Gundam and bring me away on a space fleet consisted only of the prettiest of pilots and my model kits which have turned into full working units. We then fire a nuke on Earth and sail away on the mothership, terrorizing galaxies.
Your harem tendencies started young.
Old 2013-11-06, 07:10   Link #38
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Your harem tendencies started young.
I'm just glad Angelg isn't part of the Gundam world

I did miss my childhood friends who watched SEED with me and we would talk all day about the mechs.
Old 2013-11-06, 07:34   Link #39
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I'm just glad Angelg isn't part of the Gundam world

I did miss my childhood friends who watched SEED with me and we would talk all day about the mechs.
That's only because Noble Gundam was from a more conservative era. She'd have her boobs exposed in Turn A.

I must be quite old then because at my age we were arguing X vs Wing. XD
Old 2013-11-06, 08:05   Link #40
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
That's only because Noble Gundam was from a more conservative era. She'd have her boobs exposed in Turn A.

I must be quite old then because at my age we were arguing X vs Wing. XD
Haha, I quite agree on the Noble statement.

And I suppose it was only by my teen years that I found other people who liked Gundam, and SEED was the "current" series at the time.

Oddly, we didn't have X shown here, but there was Wing on TV. I couldn't get into Wing for some reason, I blame me watching it at the bad times when they're discussing politics cause I only saw Relena and no mechs at all. It wasn't until later that they screened Endless Waltz, which allowed me to understand what was going on, and also stemmed my love for the EW designs.

I was lucky that we also had these card machines that gives out Gundam-related cards which was what exposed me to the Gundam universe. There was also the occasional vinyl and metal Gundam figurines.

Back when I was still in school, Gunpla was a luxury item, and the best I could beg my parent was an SD kit. Maybe that's why I didn't like SD kits because it's a reminder of my really bad sticker and broken kits.

Talking about this makes a Gundam-obsessed world like Gunpla Builder seems really fun for all ages afterall.

Last edited by Aurelis; 2013-11-06 at 08:39.