AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-07, 19:05   Link #921
MCAL

I thought the flashback would be a little more jarring when I heard about it, but it wasn't that bad. Not knowing what come after it, I can't see what the VN readers have a problem with. A little too cliche for my tastes, but it worked, at least for me.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 19:09   Link #922
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Haruki SHINE
The episode was constructed kind of weird. Hope the protagonist doesn't suddenly become poetic and talk about goddesses soon.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 19:10   Link #923
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

AHHHHHHH. AHHHHHHH. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

This was EXACTLY what i wanted to see. I'm so happy. there's nothing left to say about this episode for me. its put me into a happy place.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 19:25   Link #924
venshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
AHHHHHHH. AHHHHHHH. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

This was EXACTLY what i wanted to see. I'm so happy. there's nothing left to say about this episode for me. its put me into a happy place.
yeah. for me this episode is bitter sweet, so what are gonna do now? mr.protagonist

well I think he's going to break up with ogiso? because he already knows the true feeling of touma.
Old 2013-12-07, 20:19   Link #925
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actually I do think Haruki is at fault here. I mean, he loved Touma whole time, he knew it and yet he decided go out with girl he didn't. And that is unfair toward Setsuna who is honest. And on top of that he wasn't even able give up Touma for real and pursued his -more than just friends-relationship. Whole Haruki x Setsuna was mistake from very beginning so it's good it's getting cleared, but it was Haruki who made that mistake....
Good points, but I still don't blame him. It's not as if any of this stuff is easy. He really had no inkling Touma liked him that way, and then the girl the whole school likes -- and he likes, too -- volunteers to be his girl friend. I doubt the idea that he "loved" Touma ever really came to his mind. He just thought he wanted her to remain his close friend. He's confused, for sure, and is not doing the best thing for any of them. But I think it's a mistake, not something meant to harm anyone.

EDIT: Tenzen12 makes good points in answer to this. Perhaps Haruki was aware of his love for Touma. But he was certainly not aware of hers for him, and at a conscious level was just trying to keep her as a friend.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2013-12-07 at 20:57.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 20:32   Link #926
Key Board
Carbon

Todokanai koi lyrics were written for Kazusa
Which, unfortunately, points out the exact problem. He didn't think his love would be reprocicated
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 20:49   Link #927
Tenzen12

He said it himself this episode that he was conviced she doesn't like him cause he is looser but still couldn't give up.

That sentence wouldn't make any sense if he weren't aware it whole time (plus lyrics). Reason why he went for Setsuna was cause he though Touma would never date him.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 21:08   Link #928
Key Board
Carbon

Well. That's my point.

Todokanai Koi is a song about an unreachable love.

It's about his presumably impossible to be returned feelings towards Kazusa
He wrote the lyrics. Not Kazusa

So knowing, or rather, believing that his love was impossible, he gave up on Kazusa
Except of course he couldn't do that as well.
And that's why things are unfolding
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 00:27   Link #929
velocity7

Looks like they've opted to tell the backstory for Kazusa to fill in some gaps here. Didn't think they'd actually go ahead and do it, but hey, maybe this holds out hope that they'll do OVAs for the other side story as well in the Blu-rays?
Old 2013-12-08, 01:03   Link #930
ArrowSmith

Just please do not end like School Days. We don't want a NICE BOAT!
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 01:10   Link #931
Ringil

Damn, this episode was damn good. The scene on the street was so good.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 01:11   Link #932
ArrowSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
Damn, this episode was damn good. The scene on the street was so good.
Touma is the ultimate tsundere.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 01:13   Link #933
carolrukawa

The story just keeps getting better and better... arrrgh i want to play the game so bad but i cant read japanese!!!
carolrukawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 01:14   Link #934
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
OMG, seems that Haruki is in love with Kazusa, but he can't do it because of Setsuna. Slightly NTR-ish, but I hope that this love triangle will not end badly. After all, Sets una declared a war for love to Kazusa in earlier episodes.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 01:32   Link #935
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i really don't think i've seen a better revelation scene like the interaction between Touma and Haruki on the street. and i watch a TON of shows like this. i can't get out of my mind how well done it was.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 03:27   Link #936
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is one of those "pick the jaw up off the floor" episodes for me. If anime is capable of this, why can't we see it more often?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 03:30   Link #937
Alf

Although all is carried out so well up to this point, IMHO the balance isn't that good. Setsuna's weight seems to be too light in Haruki's heart, and his feeling for Kazusa is going burst out by this revelation, so Kazusa's weight is too much.

They should have made the relationship between Haruki and Setsuna closer before the stage, to show that both of them are very important to Haruki.....and make the emotion for both sides more painful.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 04:20   Link #938
bones

Honestly, I feel that Setsuna was half expecting this to happen. She knew about Haruki's feelings towards Kazusa and suspected that Kazusa was in love with Haruki. She tried to confirm her suspicions and asked Kazusa who flatly denied it. While I think that there was nothing wrong with her confessing to Haruki, she shouldn't have accepted him while he still had feelings for another girl.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 04:36   Link #939
carolrukawa

the writer is super brilliant... the emotions are heightened Haruki and Touma all the way. This, definitely is one of the best anime this year Congratulations to the developer, scriptWriter and to those involve in making this anime :
carolrukawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 04:52   Link #940
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is fair warning. Tomorrow I'm going to go through the whole thread and address any past violations of the Spoiler Policy from Page 1 on. Please deal with any infracting posts now before I do. The standard is clearly laid out in the linked post. Thanks for your cooperation...

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical