AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-01-29, 08:48   Link #981
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Whoever made that doujin should be hired by Toei.

To be honest, one of my wildest dreams is a Kamen Rider series being adapted into an anime.

Which studio do you think is fit for the job (aside from Toei)?
Old 2014-01-29, 13:43   Link #982
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm, if I don't know anything about Kamen Rider and I want to start, which would you recommend? Preferably not too old.
Depends on your tastes too, Kamen Rider series vary from light-hearted comedies to really dark and depressing dramas.
Old 2014-01-29, 14:30   Link #983
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Start with W, or you want something more light-heart, watch Den-O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
Depends on your tastes too, Kamen Rider series vary from light-hearted comedies to really dark and depressing dramas.
Hmmm... Middle ground then, more towards dark but not too depressing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 18:15   Link #984
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Gaim. Its made by Gen Urobochi, so it feels more like an anime. In fact, Fate Stay Night LN version.
Old 2014-01-30, 02:15   Link #985
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Gaim. Its made by Gen Urobochi, so it feels more like an anime. In fact, Fate Stay Night LN version.
Since when does Urobutcher = Not too depressing ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 04:33   Link #986
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Since when does Urobutcher = Not too depressing ?
Wait till you see Gaim. It was rather light-hearted until shit hit the fan. And even then it was still lighter than what Uro is capable of.

After all, Kamen Rider cannot risk alienating their main audience. That's proving to be a better Limiter than Shinbo was.
Old 2014-02-01, 00:37   Link #987
Frontier

Quote:
Hmmm, if I don't know anything about Kamen Rider and I want to start, which would you recommend? Preferably not too old.
I agree with Fireminer, W is an excellent place to start. It's lighthearted enough but has some really dark moments, and I think it can serve as great introduction to the Kamen Rider franchise .

Not that I don't agree with you MeisterBabylon, but considering how we're still only fifteen episodes into the series, I can see things getting progressively more darker as things continue, especially with Urobuchi still penning scripts .

So now that Gaim has his own Energy Arms, I wonder if he can properly go up against any of the Energy Riders now? Zangetsu is probably still out of his league, though I wonder how long it'll be before the two have a rematch. I was kinda hoping Kouta would have brought it out here to knock Sid down a peg, instead of debuting it next episode, but he and Kaito using their bikes to mess with Sigurd was equally satisfying .

I wonder if it has a Rider Kick Finisher?

Sagara seemed genuinely impressed by how Kouta's desire for power was different from how he and Sid view the kids, wanting power to use it to protect others instead of for powers sake. Like a real Kamen Rider .

Even if he possibly gave Kouta the gear under Ryoma's orders, since Kouta probably wouldn't have accepted it otherwise, I think the interest was real.
Old 2014-02-02, 17:52   Link #988
GDB

Well, Micchy's full on Yggdrasil now. Really curious what he saw in the forest to make him mind break like that.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 18:07   Link #989
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, Micchy's full on Yggdrasil now. Really curious what he saw in the forest to make him mind break like that.
There was talk that the battle at the beginning was from an alternate future from which the blond Mai belongs to. So if that's true and since B!Mai is now wandering around in the main timeline, maybe what Takatora showed Micchy was all the corpses of the Riders and Inves that fought in that battle.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 18:38   Link #990
GDB

Hrmm, that could be interesting. Though it'd need a bit more to make it something that's needed for humanity.
Old 2014-02-02, 19:17   Link #991
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Hrmm, that could be interesting. Though it'd need a bit more to make it something that's needed for humanity.
Takatora telling him that Yggrassil is trying to prevent that from their their timeline's future?
Old 2014-02-02, 19:20   Link #992
GDB

Still seems like it wouldn't concern humanity as a whole, just the town. Plus, it'd seem more like they were the cause, since without them, there'd be no belts.
Old 2014-02-02, 19:32   Link #993
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Last time, Dopant impact didn't go out of Fuuto that far.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 19:41   Link #994
GDB

...come again?
Old 2014-02-02, 22:45   Link #995
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

A great episode, as always.

Sid's definitely planning something. He just taught the Beat Riders about the "hidden capabilities" of the Lockseeds. The Inves Games just got nastier.

I have an idea of what Micchy just saw (I think most of us had the same conclusion).

And Bravo's gonna be back next week. It's about time.

Wait, I've just realized this...

Micchy's name is almost similar with Akechi Mitsuhide (both have "Mitsu"), and he's gonna betray Kota. That Sengoku jidai reference escaped under my nose for 16 fucking episodes. I really am an idiot...
Old 2014-02-03, 00:51   Link #996
justavisitor

I have no idea what Micchy saw to be honest...I hope the alternate future theory is only limited to the blonde hair girl...it would make a lot more sense that way because only would she know that pretty much what everyone is doing right now is just completely wrong

the new form seem too heavy I am afraid...and I wonder whether the story will reveal full detail of those victims?? Do they keep growing plants on their skin or they eventually morph into inves?? It would feel a bit weird if all of a sudden those victims are being forgotten...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 12:04   Link #997
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no idea what Micchy saw, but it must have been extremely shocking given his reaction. He was even more shocked than when he found out the truth about Yuuya's disappearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
There was talk that the battle at the beginning was from an alternate future from which the blond Mai belongs to. So if that's true and since B!Mai is now wandering around in the main timeline, maybe what Takatora showed Micchy was all the corpses of the Riders and Inves that fought in that battle.
That's an interesting theory, but I think it's something bigger than that that he saw. He looked like he just witnessed the end of the world.
Old 2014-02-03, 21:05   Link #998
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

He watched Madoka episode 3.
Old 2014-02-03, 22:17   Link #999
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's an interesting theory, but I think it's something bigger than that that he saw. He looked like he just witnessed the end of the world.
Maybe Helheim is a parallel version of their world (because we know Kamen Rider has those) which was completely consumed by the forest and what Micchy saw was the ruins of Zawame City?
Old 2014-02-03, 22:22   Link #1000
Hana
izumi

How is the Kamen Rider series now-a-days? I was a big fan a couple years back with Kabuto and Den-O. I actually own a ton of the devices... A Den-O Belt, a Zerenos Belt and weapon, a Kabutech Zecter.. Good times.
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu