AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 23 39.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 34.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 18.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-20, 16:45   Link #21
Death Usagi
Banned

It's funny how Soichirou's change into Isshin was that simple =w=;;
Old 2014-02-20, 16:54   Link #22
HandofFate

Wow Epic episode.
The covers devouring everyone reminded me of Blood C.

Goori x Mako finally true.
The goku uniforms being worn out, it was fitting that Sanaga was the last one left to me for some reason.

Also, wow. Poor Senketsu! Ryuuko needs to stop being so mean to him. He's been on her side the whole time, and Ryuukos keeps hurting him.

The covers that ate up Mako was beefier than the others.
Here's hoping that Mako dons Senketsu in ryuuko's absence when she's in her funk.
Old 2014-02-20, 17:01   Link #23
Death Usagi
Banned

I guess compared to Kamui, Goku Uniforms needed constant maintenance.

More like I never thought the Elite Four's new 3-Star Goku Uniforms would only last like 3 episodes without much fighting...
Old 2014-02-20, 17:20   Link #24
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I guess compared to Kamui, Goku Uniforms needed constant maintenance.

More like I never thought the Elite Four's new 3-Star Goku Uniforms would only last like 3 episodes without much fighting...
Without much fighting? What do you think they've been doing over the last month? It's no surprise that the Goku uniforms would eventually wear out, though. Kamui are 100% life fiber, but Goku uniforms are all less than 50%. That other 50%+ of normal fiber is going to wear out quickly under fight conditions.

Isshin = Souichiro confirmed. I guess we were watching a Ryuko flashback, even though it was being narrated by Ragyo... Begs the question as to who was raising Ryuko between getting dumped and age 4 when Souichiro was "killed", though (probably Soroi). I guess that's easier to explain than Souichiro leading a double life for a few years under the watchful eye of Ragyo, or showing up out of nowhere after being missing/"dead" to talk to Satsuki at age 5...

And we might have a Fridge Logic explanation for Nui now. Iori and all of his Sewing Club members wear masks to avoid breathing in the cut life fibers or any life fiber "dust". Nui does not, and we saw little threads of life fiber floating around in the air while she was building Shinra-Koketsu. Looks like Nui might be mostly human after all, or at least might have been at one point.

Funniest thing in the episode had to be Mrs Makanshoku when around Aikuro...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-02-20 at 17:31.
Old 2014-02-20, 17:23   Link #25
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Good episode. Not as epic as last week's but it was a nice change. Even within so many nudists, Akiuro keeps standing out. Things between Satsuki and her mother keep being as disturbing as usual. The animation in the last minutes was pretty awesome. A shame Ryuko went crazy again. Maybe this time it is Senketsu who will calm her.
Old 2014-02-20, 17:27   Link #26
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Without much fighting? What do you think they've been doing over the last month? It's no surprise that the Goku uniforms would eventually wear out, though. Kamui are 100% life fiber, but Goku uniforms are all less than 50%. That other 50%+ of normal fiber is going to wear out quickly under fight conditions.
Of course they have fought over the last month in terms of story, but in terms of showing their power as an anime show... not much...
Old 2014-02-20, 17:36   Link #27
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So, Soichirou=Isshin is confirmed. Just goes to show you how much Plastic Surgery can change a person...although forcefully humping his back looked...really painful.

On another note, MakoXGamagoori is all but confirmed at this point.

Now all that's left is the war between nudists and zombie clothes.

Still, Ami's performance as Ryuko is fantastic. She's making me more impatient to see her as Mugino in Index III.

...and Yukarin speaking gratuitous French was just...gratuitous French...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
That took a very unexpected turn. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I really hate that
Spoiler:
It just doesn't fit. Anyways, next week's episode looks really promising.
Haha. That's one way to put it. Captured and Kagurazaka'd.
Old 2014-02-20, 18:20   Link #28
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
That nonon-ninja outfit really did it for me, finally a little of nonon fanservice. And Ira X Mako confirmed!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaah!!!
Nonon suddenly so sexy!

Why don't they try to replicate Isshin's Scissor Blade since they're made to cut Life Fibers?
Old 2014-02-20, 18:24   Link #29
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Also, wow. Poor Senketsu! Ryuuko needs to stop being so mean to him. He's been on her side the whole time, and Ryuukos keeps hurting him.
Justified, she just found out she's no different than her evil mother who's a real monster. But I wouldn't worry much, since Ryuuko is likely to get over it next episode.
Old 2014-02-20, 19:00   Link #30
Candyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why don't they try to replicate Isshin's Scissor Blade since they're made to cut Life Fibers?
This bothers me too. The only way I can explain it: Ragyou invented the scissors thus Soichiro didn't have the knowledge to reproduce them. Though Nui is hax enough to cut fiber with kid's bunny scissors.
Old 2014-02-20, 19:14   Link #31
Wandering Soul

Great episode. By this point MakoXGamagoori has pretty much been confirmed. Also really liked the Nonon fanservice. Damn Akiuro is really serious about everyone calling his robot the DTR. Really didn't like mean Ryoko was to Senkestsu at the end even if it is understandable why she is acting like that. Finally loved
Old 2014-02-20, 20:08   Link #32
Exthiel
A Romaticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
This bothers me too. The only way I can explain it: Ragyou invented the scissors thus Soichiro didn't have the knowledge to reproduce them. Though Nui is hax enough to cut fiber with kid's bunny scissors.
Actually it's to hide the fact that he was making Senketsu. By showing off the Scissors Blade and proclaiming it to be his life's greatest work, he managed to throw her off the real prize. The fact that it can effortlessly cut through life fibers and the ONLY weapon so far that made any lasting damage to Nui made it even more convincing.
Old 2014-02-20, 20:37   Link #33
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

imo it was really obvious hat Isshin was soichiro. I don't know why so many were against it last week.

i went ahead and was really specific about details of it too. Saving ryoku, leading double life, kindergarten, being the only one who knew the baby ryoko's and even the flash back about him deciding to go against her right after what happen to the baby. and these are just some of the obvious clues and i am not even talking about subtle hints.

i can see how some people would argue that the two are just associates though. Up to last episode, i had two theory. one them being the same person and second theory being different affiliated people. But last episode basically sealed it for me personally. They could have potentially gone with them being different but to be honest imo it would make much less sense after setting it up for them being the same person.

But any ways episode was good. Nothing compared to last episode, but it set it up perfectly for next episode.
Old 2014-02-20, 22:18   Link #34
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilTheart View Post
I was pissed about that too until I saw the After-Credits scene.

Spoiler:

Gonna have to wait for the subs to know exactly what she has in mind.
This. I was all worried about how Satsuki will react but boy she delivered. She's under the worst circunstances among all the case and still not giving an inch to Ragyo's bullshit for a month! The scene at the end was also pretty effing cool!

Spoiler for The White Knight Rises:

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-02-20, 22:43   Link #35
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Nudist-Nonon FTW!

Can't believe they got away with showing that much. Then again we also got those scenes of Ragyo getting a little touchy-feely with Satsuki.

Poor Senketsu, hopefully Ryuko and him patch things up soon.

I was expecting Inumuta to go off on Aikuro for messing with his computer, especially when I remember how he exploded on Mako.
Old 2014-02-20, 23:18   Link #36
MCAL

Well Ragyou is just a bitch isn't she...? Romi Paku can do deliciously evil with the best of them.

I admit I didn't see the small time-skip coming, even though I probably should. I still really like Satsuki too. She has a new plan for every failure. She's basically Aizen, except she makes sense. Soichirou being Isshin wasn't too much a surprise either.

As for Ryuuko. Her "I hate you now Senketsu" just came completely out of the blue. And I quite don't understand her logic at the moment.
Old 2014-02-20, 23:32   Link #37
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post

As for Ryuuko. Her "I hate you now Senketsu" just came completely out of the blue. And I quite don't understand her logic at the moment.
She became ashamed of herself, her origins and apparently Senketsu reminds her more of that. It's the opposite of this anime's message of accepting yourself. Kind of funny how often Ryuko Loses Her Way despite having a song about how she mustn't.

Still, I hope Senketsu is this time the one who will make her wake up.
Old 2014-02-20, 23:38   Link #38
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Well technically it's like wearing a dress over a dress to Ryuuko. She is what she hates so it's a lot to take in, plus she's a teenager and stupid. Haha.

<3 to Mako x Gamagori though.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2014-02-20, 23:46   Link #39
bakaouji

Honestly, I'm wearied of the countless bombastic explosions they've been throwing at the screen every week. And all this grandstand posturing has made me numb to all the cheap twists and turns and the emotional fallout caused by them.

Kill la Kill was not exactly known for its 'complex' plotting anyway so the two things that kept this show entertaining were the ridiculous fights and how far it could go with the crazy concept. I fear, for me, the show's finally hit the point of diminishing returns as every explosion and berserker rage-fueled battle elicit a mere 'meh' from me. Its unapologetic indulgence which used to be its greatest strength has become its undoing.

And the scene where Ragyo spanks her daughter's butt was-- ugh- unnecessary excess-- something the show often mires itself in for better and for worse. In the end, it remains obvious the show prizes style over substance and base titillation over cerebral stimulation.

Hopefully, the show finds renewed strength when the two sisters eventually team up to take their mother down.
Old 2014-02-20, 23:51   Link #40
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Actually the 3-star uniforms are only 30% life fiber. Each star ranking is 10% life fiber. There was an episode where they tried to create a 5-star (50% life fiber) uniform but the wearer went berserk.

Gamagoori x Mako is now in full fruition and no longer a fan shipping. They're adorable. LOL.

As for Soichirou being Isshin I thought it was rather far-fetched at first. But since this is Kill la Kill I guess even the most bogus conspiracies can happen.
Closed Thread