AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-06-10, 09:35   Link #5281
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
the going rate is 8,000yen opened and 9,000yen unopened. i got extremely lucky considering old Hobby Japan magazine figure exclusives do not get listed as unopened. i paid $112.41 USD after shipping + paypal foreign transaction fee. i always make Hobby Japan exclusives my priority if i am just in awe with one of their figures. it just gets harder to find and the prices rise after a good amount of time has passed. the tari tari figure looks great on picture. i'll be hoping phat got their QC straightened out since Caster was released back in jan 2014. people were not very pleased with the sloppy paint jobs.
I see, thanks for answered my question.

About Phat Company's figures, currently this is the only Phat figures I've so far, but I still not open it yet, to check how the quality of the figure is...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 09:44   Link #5282
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I think one of us did mention about wanting those Girls und Panzer Nendoroid Petite? They are on Crunchy Roll Deal of the day. 15% off, save a bit more if you are Crunchy Roll member. Also free shipping to US.

I have a feeling that I will jump on almost anything if they ever stated "free shipping to Australia"
Old 2014-06-10, 11:17   Link #5283
Revan21

That would be me, but it does not worth, because I do not live in the US and importing it from there cost more than getting it from Japan, so it's pretty much the same price.
Old 2014-06-10, 11:32   Link #5284
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
That would be me, but it does not worth, because I do not live in the US and importing it from there cost more than getting it from Japan, so it's pretty much the same price.
Let's me guess.... let's me guess...... you live in... Central Australia

Perfectly fit your location description:
Old 2014-06-10, 12:56   Link #5285
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Let's me guess.... let's me guess...... you live in... Central Australia
Nope, Central Europe
but it's the same type of backwater place, far from civilisation
Old 2014-06-10, 19:15   Link #5286
BaronNoir

I have empathy for my fellow Australian SAO fan, but I wonder how he get charged so outrageously : shipping a Nendoroid (for instance) to Canada is maybe 10-15 USD with EMS. (and I leave in Eastern Canada)
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 02:37   Link #5287
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Btw, what are in you guys' wish list right now? Something that too expensive for your budget? An exclusive figure that too rare that you haven't get a hold on yet? Something that you still wait for the price to drop further?

I'm waiting for this one:

Just released past few days. Looks gorgeous. And normally there is a chance that the cost will raise to $300 or something in time. Except her leg was not fixed to the base, and barely hold by cheap glue. She is like a disaster waiting to collapse (face down) unless you fix her with a big dose of super glue. Even when it could be done properly, i will still turn perfectionist collectors mad. I would say the price will drop in time, and it could be a fun game for me having the cake while waiting to eat it . But whether it will be low enough for me to buy, or whether i then still want to take a risk on gluing her leg, will have to wait

Maybe i will end up having a wrong prediction, and this gonna shoot up to $1000, who knows. But it's sometime more exciting to have a cake than eating it, right? ^^
Old 2014-06-11, 03:06   Link #5288
Revan21

Quote:
Btw, what are in you guys' wish list right now? Something that too expensive for your budget? An exclusive figure that too rare that you haven't get a hold on yet? Something that you still wait for the price to drop further?
That would be the Dollfie figures
One cost about three months salary including shipping and customs, that's not something I'm willing to pay for just yet

Last edited by Revan21; 2014-06-11 at 03:51.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 03:41   Link #5289
iceyfw

Quote:
my wishlist atm is

black swimsuit version of rise from persona 4 - there is only one i found so far unopened. but i can't stomach another $212 USD after shipping and foreign fee transaction. i'm on the edge though since she is a rare exclusive hard to come by.
nanami chiaki from danganronpa 2 - 50/50 on this one. i don't know the character yet which is holding my preorder back. i wish sept 2nd would come faster for the game.
ciel from god eater 2 - i knew she was going to be above 10,000 yen but 15,000yen?! the lowest discount i found is 13,000yen at BiJ and that's before shipping! i am right on the cliff with this one. i feel like she might become a holy grail for many people after viewing closeup pictures of her.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 05:44   Link #5290
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
That would be the Dollfie figures
One cost about three months salary including shipping and customs, that's not something I'm willing to pay for just yet
No seriously, what is in your wish list?

And be realistic this time!!

Quote:
ciel from god eater 2 - i knew she was going to be above 10,000 yen but 15,000yen?! the lowest discount i found is 13,000yen at BiJ and that's before shipping! i am right on the cliff with this one. i feel like she might become a holy grail for many people after viewing closeup pictures of her.
If we talk about Pre-order then same here too on Ciel. The quality looks gorgeous, but considering the high demand, i doubt if it ever drop too much price (unless there will be some faulty on her). I also want Nanami, but it's not a must-have

Another i want is Sygnum from Alter. Once again too pricey. But at least Nanoha's figure generally will drop in price over time. So.. another case of enjoying watching a cake instead of eating it.
Old 2014-06-11, 06:01   Link #5291
BaronNoir

I pre-ordered her (Dark Angel Olivia) from KOTO-US for 200 USD all in all...

And I'm quite disheartened to hear about the base issue (as I'm moving in july, I kept the most recent figs in their boxes)
Old 2014-06-11, 06:01   Link #5292
Revan21

Quote:
No seriously, what is in your wish list?

And be realistic this time!!
Nothing remarkable, what I want are mostly older and simple figs about favourite characters. Like GSC Holo, Alter Revy, Kotobukiya Feena, Freeing Mizuho

I do not care much about big and flashy figs like Olivia

Last edited by Revan21; 2014-06-11 at 06:12.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 06:22   Link #5293
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronNoir View Post
I pre-ordered her (Dark Angel Olivia) from KOTO-US for 200 USD all in all...

And I'm quite disheartened to hear about the base issue (as I'm moving in july, I kept the most recent figs in their boxes)
Sorry to hear about it, mate

Btw, be careful if you gonna use super glue on there. Those who tried said the glue would "quickly" wash off the paint when contact due to chemical reactions. So be extra careful there mate

Quote:
Nothing remarkable, what I want are mostly older and simple figs about favourite characters. Like GSC Holo, Alter Revy, Kotobukiya Feena, Freeing Mizuho

I do not care much about big and flashy figs like Olivia
Do you have a fetish of liking anything that worth an arm and an leg? 0_0
Old 2014-06-11, 06:39   Link #5294
BaronNoir

I meant I have not opened the box yet.
Old 2014-06-11, 06:43   Link #5295
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
I meant I have not opened the box yet.
But you will eventually take her out yeah?

Then they recommend to use the super glue to fix her leg into the base (as her weight will eventually tip her over) , just don't get the glue on the figure as it does wash off paint.
Old 2014-06-11, 06:49   Link #5296
BaronNoir

I have the technical skills of a monkey, so I hope that this just an issue with some figurines and not all of them....
Old 2014-06-11, 07:05   Link #5297
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
I have the technical skills of a monkey, so I hope that this just an issue with some figurines and not all of them....
The way i heard, the problem was on the design, as they just glue the sole onto the standing instead of have a metal rod to take on all the weight. I means just look at the lack of contact from her leg to the base:

So even if you do want to not glue her. It's recommended to not place her in higher shelf, or near the edge. Because it's gravity really, you don't want to see her fall down from any height
Old 2014-06-11, 08:38   Link #5298
Revan21

Quote:
Do you have a fetish of liking anything that worth an arm and an leg? 0_0
Not really,
I cannot help it that they are also widely popular
Old 2014-06-13, 05:13   Link #5299
iceyfw

scratch off my previous wishlist. i knew there were guyver figures when i got into this hobby 3 months ago but didn't think much of it. i am so now going after them after seeing this picture. these are now going to be my holy grail. guyver has remained my #1 manga ever since i was in the 4th grade. or at least that's how far my memory extends back concerning anything guyver related. the new guyver anime was pretty bad but at least we got to see gigantic guyver animated!
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 06:39   Link #5300
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
scratch off my previous wishlist. i knew there were guyver figures when i got into this hobby 3 months ago but didn't think much of it. i am so now going after them after seeing this picture. these are now going to be my holy grail. guyver has remained my #1 manga ever since i was in the 4th grade. or at least that's how far my memory extends back concerning anything guyver related. the new guyver anime was pretty bad but at least we got to see gigantic guyver animated!
Wow, it's nostagic...

I don't even remember what is that manga about, but i can recognise the suit immediately:

Btw, words are Kotobukiya already making an alternative version of Olivia:

Twin tail with red body armour suit... Aggghhhh....how can they get so precise on my fetish....

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-06-13 at 06:55.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote