AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-08-02, 23:15   Link #54201
I'm-here-present

For your fic 'Infinite Stratos: Clash'?

Since you plan to make the OC male Ichika's support, how about giving him a defensive specialized IS.

An IS, with multi layer energy shields capable of withstand attacks that he can cast around him or for an ally within its cast range.

With that he and Ichika will be a duo, Ichika being the sword and him being the shield.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 23:16   Link #54202
Ignition Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
For your fic 'Infinite Stratos: Clash'?

Since you plan to make the OC male Ichika's support, how about giving him a defensive specialized IS.

An IS, with multi layer energy shields capable of withstand attacks that he can cast around him or for an ally within its cast range.

With that he and Ichika will be a duo, Ichika being the sword and him being the shield.
Why did I not think of that!

THANKS!

Now I have an IS for my OC male
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 00:15   Link #54203
staplesdex2

Hi I've been lurking here but I have an idea:

This involves a reworking on Ichika's background in that he is actually an heir to a prestigious family. It's a similar idea somewhere else but here me out.

Here Ichika, along with Chifuyu, are surviving heirs to their prestigious world renown family. Their family were involved in a lot of things ranging from shady dealings i.e. terrorism, criminal activities, mafia (They could be Phantom Task for all I care) to being a zaibatsu deep in the workings of the world economy.

Something happened to their family and as a result they are the only two surviving heirs left, along with their other surviving retinues of servants loyal to them.

Both of the siblings have very different views on what to do next. Chifuyu cares for her brother but hates the rest of her family and so decides that it should burn for all she cares. Reason why is that the family became more like a place where the Game of Thrones happen.

Ichika, being the dense saint that he is, wants to redeem the family name so that it would be better in his naive point of view.

Both have conflict over this and somehow became a point of contention for the rest of their lives. Both go into different directions in life and in a minor note Ichika is less of a siscon as he grows up and possibly grows a spine.

Coincidentally both siblings become friends with the Shinononos and then I.S. events happened. This time Ichika would go to the academy in hopes of bringing honor to the family name.
staplesdex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 02:30   Link #54204
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
Ive mixed gundam and IS, then a card game and IS.
Perhaps I should do both at once.
- ...Eh. Nevermind, I don't think I would have been able to make it work anyway. I'd be putting in too many Kamen Rider Decade jokes for it to make sense.

Ichika: "This might tickle..."
Charu: "Uwah? UWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH?!?!?"

Quote:
<Ren> was silent, staring now at the figure in a male IS Academy uniform loitering the area,
the look on his face worried for only a second. His face brightened up when a small troupe
of girls ran up to him. Some were cheerful, others quarrelsome. All of them revolved around
him, as if he were the sun and they the planets of his universe. At all of this, he laughed
and scratched the back of his head.

Just as <Ren> remembered him, ten years ago.

God, that moron looks so happy. <Ren> herself could not help but genuinely smile for
a split-second. Those idiots will protect him for me, right?

"Shiho. Arashikage Shiho." <Ren> whispered to herself, knowing full well the boy and his
troupe could not hear her. "That's my name, Ichika. I've kept my promise."

I became a monster but I still couldn't protect you.

"You still speak too bluntly." Haruko chuckled. "I was actually hoping you'd go over and
confess."

<Ren> did not answer at first. There was a pang of pain in her heart that moment, but it
passed quickly. With an arrogant shrug, hiding her snake eyes behind her cap brim, she
snorted in mock disgust.

"Not my style."

"You REALLY sure this is alright?"

"Yeah." <Ren> turned away from the scene, trying not to show her face to Haruko. "To him, I
don't exist." A little catch of a sob in her voice. "It's better this way."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 06:45   Link #54205
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by staplesdex2 View Post

This involves a reworking on Ichika's background in that he is actually an heir to a prestigious family. It's a similar idea somewhere else but here me out.

Here Ichika, along with Chifuyu, are surviving heirs to their prestigious world renown family. Their family were involved in a lot of things ranging from shady dealings i.e. terrorism, criminal activities, mafia (They could be Phantom Task for all I care) to being a zaibatsu deep in the workings of the world economy.

Something happened to their family and as a result they are the only two surviving heirs left, along with their other surviving retinues of servants loyal to them.

Both of the siblings have very different views on what to do next. Chifuyu cares for her brother but hates the rest of her family and so decides that it should burn for all she cares. Reason why is that the family became more like a place where the Game of Thrones happen.

Ichika, being the dense saint that he is, wants to redeem the family name so that it would be better in his naive point of view.

Both have conflict over this and somehow became a point of contention for the rest of their lives. Both go into different directions in life and in a minor note Ichika is less of a siscon as he grows up and possibly grows a spine.

Coincidentally both siblings become friends with the Shinononos and then I.S. events happened. This time Ichika would go to the academy in hopes of bringing honor to the family name.
You are treading the path some authors are taking, me included. It is called the Ichika Orimura reboot path

Anyway why don't you try writing a fic out of this.
Old 2014-08-03, 08:40   Link #54206
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@wave: Just write it. The more "cheese", the better.

... What do you think is the most important for a rebellion, beside "central figure", "situation" and "repression"?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 08:43   Link #54207
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by staplesdex2 View Post

Hnn, are you separating Ichika from Chifuyu in this story? I mean, that they are living separately or are they 'strangers in the same house' type deal?

And also... I have returned.

Now... *rubs hands together* Let's see here...
Old 2014-08-03, 09:00   Link #54208
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Have anyone ever thought about "semi-canon overloading" - A.K.A insert spin-off materials into a fic in canon but then there are too many to add? I've been got this lately everytime I come up with a new idea - Code Geass, Nanoha, Kamen Rider, Gundam,...
Old 2014-08-03, 09:07   Link #54209
staplesdex2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnn, are you separating Ichika from Chifuyu in this story? I mean, that they are living separately or are they 'strangers in the same house' type deal?

And also... I have returned.

Now... *rubs hands together* Let's see here...
I meant the latter.
staplesdex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 09:13   Link #54210
Eratas123

Hmm, I'm once again tempted to write IS with a Deus Ex sort of blend. One of the themes of Human Revolution is that using machinery to get what some would call an 'unfair' advantage ultimately leads to problems when people get pissed off and/or jealous enough and refuse to stand for it. Really if IS were to be darker I'd expect stories of IS bases being attacked, people protesting, terrorist firebombings etc etc.

In Deus Ex people did it over prosthetic limbs, what more a machine that can change global warfare? Hell the main catalyst apart from envy is that the aug-users in Deus Ex abused their augments.....and in IS the cast quite clearly openly abuse their IS for personal usage and, in Rin and Cecilia's case, used it in a public event with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. The equivalent of this would be using a rocket launcher during a festival and getting off with a strict reprimand where really you should be arrested.

I'm surprised the societal transition was so damn seamless in IS rather than violent and slowed down by external factors.
Old 2014-08-03, 09:18   Link #54211
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Eratas: Have you watched Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed?
Old 2014-08-03, 09:24   Link #54212
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno man, there are so many grimdark stories with that theme already

MUH MANLY PRIDE and all
Old 2014-08-03, 09:37   Link #54213
coco6561

Well maybe a one shot where a girl uses an IS in public and actually gets in trouble for it.
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 09:46   Link #54214
demino_hellsin
That one guy

why can't we just write a scenario where IS are utilized in an active war? mix Candidate for Goddess and Area 88. Bombardments actually happen during class and all. Students trying to appreciate exactly the kind of shit they're wading neck deep in without a clue while their idols are out their doing active duty and end up dying.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 09:50   Link #54215
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Coco
Maybe there's that

That said other aspect of the crossovers can be interesting, in a heavily cyberized world like ghost in the shell, I.S. story will went differently

And it's not only a matter of power level either.

@ Demi
If there's a literature worse than I.S., candidate of goddess would be one of them

let's try this one instead
Old 2014-08-03, 09:58   Link #54216
coco6561

So would Phantom Task be our main villan declaring war on the world for our scenario or do we create a new villan?
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 10:07   Link #54217
Eratas123

What do you mean manly pride? Males and females both would be protesting against the IS. Remember a big factor here is jealousy and the tall poppy syndrome: Rather than trying to improve themselves people will actively put down and lower the people 'above them' in order to make themselves feel better.

How many women in the world actually rise above c rank? Majority of the population would be c rank and below and while those females might be higher than males im this society they're still lower than the people with bigger ranks above them, which would lead to abuse and resentment. Gender isn't the only factor in the IS.
Old 2014-08-03, 10:09   Link #54218
I'm-here-present

Phantom Task is kinda getting overused as the main villian in IS, well in hindsight PT is the only villian in IS.
Old 2014-08-03, 10:10   Link #54219
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ coco

No, try like this

Each and every single I.S. pilot are chosen because REASONS (left unexplained)
The stronger they became, the more I.S. merge with their body, and their mind will be driven insane.
A combination of disaster and humanitarian crisis caused global war to break out.between countries, forced friends and lovers to kill each other.
In the end only one pilot will stood, with strongest 'body', capable of annihilating all civilization with ease.
She, the ultimate weapon.

*le ding*

(it doesn't focus on how and why war breaks out, but rather, individual's reactions to it)

@ Eras
I was being facetious, sorry

I was talking how some author vehemently dislike the gender imbalance and instead of fixing stuff, they made it even more blatant than canon.

In canon, we only have ICHIKA as credible source, and he's totally biased in his point of view. We never knew about average joe, or rich man sitting on the throne surrounded by harem etc.

That said trying to explore female distress and reaction to this concept can be interesting.
Old 2014-08-03, 10:11   Link #54220
demino_hellsin
That one guy

candidate for goddess may have been a trainwreck that made no sense progression wise but at least people that died stayed dead. shit that happens isn't retconned as far as I can tell. Characters have issues that need and eventually get resolution,

IS is not only a trainwreck that keeps status quo without progression, it's a shitstorm of T&A that does not only refuse to move the plot but completely ignores usage of in universe quirks for generic tropes.

and I was leaning more on Area 88. God I loved the remake.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest