AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-11, 15:04   Link #181
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Making him into Kariya ver.2 would be drama I suppose
But I don't think he doesn't care about the princess THAT much.
His reaction to learning her "death" was quite muted.
Compare this to say... you know who from Valvrave when he thought someone died.

But I dunno, maybe characters in this show just hide their emotions very well, or maybe they emote in a nontypical manner (Inaho_)
Probably because he's a Terran and the consensus at that time is that "Terran killed the princess", had Slaine been a Martian it will been a different story.

Look how fast he killed that Martian dude when he found out it him who tried to killed the princess.
Old 2014-08-11, 15:20   Link #182
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Probably because he's a Terran and the consensus at that time is that "Terran killed the princess", had Slaine been a Martian it will been a different story.
That's irrelevant. The point is that he wasn't all that shaken up by her suppose death. He was upset, but to a normal degree.

Quote:
Look how fast he killed that Martian dude when he found out it him who tried to killed the princess.
Because the guy revealed he was directly involved in the assassination attempt, meaning he was a very real danger for the princess, and a confessed criminal. And even then, it wasn't easy for Slaine to shoot him.
Old 2014-08-11, 15:31   Link #183
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^On the behalf of every Martian beside Asseylum, they kindly beg to differ with their regard of the Terran as the inferior scum insect filthily race.
Old 2014-08-11, 15:36   Link #184
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Making him into Kariya ver.2 would be drama I suppose
But I don't think he doesn't care about the princess THAT much.
His reaction to learning her "death" was quite muted.
Compare this to say... you know who from Valvrave when he thought someone died.

But I dunno, maybe characters in this show just hide their emotions very well, or maybe they emote in a nontypical manner (Inaho_)
He's not like Kariya at all. He's more like Kiritsugu (or even Homura) before he was broken. The gunshot-blood baptism is typical Gen for his favorites former innocent idealistic heroes and future cynical, jaded anti-heroes:
Spoiler for fate/zero and madoka spoilers:
Thankfully, he's out and the guy in charge of the script has other plans to handle him rather than make him Gen's AntiHero V3.

Some people mourn quietly. Slaine was heartbroken but lamented the way the world was suffering, he was empathetic and not selfish to think his pain is the only one, but he stopped and contemplated the nature of war instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Because the guy revealed he was directly involved in the assassination attempt, meaning he was a very real danger for the princess, and a confessed criminal. And even then, it wasn't easy for Slaine to shoot him.
He was also trying to kill her again, and was likely going to kill him. Let's not forget Slaine's supposed to have sharp instincts (better than Inaho's).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-11, 16:43   Link #185
Irenesharda

You know, I know it's only a very small chance, but what if Femieanne is actually loyal to the princess and royal house and isn't in on the conspiracy? Cruhteo can't be the only one.

Could she be a potential ally? Could Slaine communicate with her via the sky carrier and tell her to back off since the princess is alive on that ship she's about to blow up? Slaine seems to be pretty intuitive and probably knows about all the knights. He probably has reasoned which ones are most likely part of the conspiracy, which ones definitely aren't, and which ones are a "maybe".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-11, 16:47   Link #186
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It would be Asseylum's face when she discovers Inaho and Slaine are lovers.
Thess, I'm not sure what's worse - the fact your evil ( ) or the fact I've been wondering if Inaho and Slaine ARE going to end up together and mess with hearts of all the girls in the show

Personally, I'm sticking with Asseylum holding the gun on Slaine and that it may be in the next episode (it looks like a lot of water behind her in that shot). I don't think anyone is going to end up actually getting shot - just a lot of drama and someone, probably Inaho, talking everyone down. BTW, I also don't think that the ship will end up taking Asseylum hostage, at least not right away. Once they find out that her own people were the ones trying to kill her (and it may seem to everyone, including Asseylum, that her Grandfather was in on it at this point, even though I think he really may be suffering from some sort of dementia issues), they're going to realize she isn't really a good hostage to use. As I've been saying from Ep 1, she's better dead to the Martians and they don't want her back. Now just how smart the Terrans are on this fact and how to use her (i.e. do the writers realize this is a likely scenario) is another matter.

After thought: One other person she might be pulling the gun on is the maid. I'm curious to see what happens to her loyalty if she thinks the rest of her people are against Asseylum. Will she continue to support her or will she attempt to finish the job Rayet's dad started?
Old 2014-08-11, 17:04   Link #187
Kazu-kun

^ Why would she point a gun at him? He's her closest friend.
Old 2014-08-11, 17:48   Link #188
jpwong

Quote:
He has no reason to go back to the castle, though. His goals are:

1. Protect the Princess.
2. Discovery who is the Ringleader (Rayet will become his lead).
3. Ensure the Princess goes to this Russian HQ where she can contact her grandfather.
4. Stop the war (stop it, not win it).

Splitting away from the group is suicidal because they are understaffed and sitting ducks without any aerial support. They were almost killed this time without his aid. Unless you mean in case they need to travel to a territory and bypass a castle, then I agree. I don't foresee Slaine separating from the group unless he's abducted by you-know-who.
I don't know, if someone suddenly gained the power to literally shut down a castle using pseudosciency powers that his father was researching by deactivating the aldnoah core powering it, sounds like that would go hand in hand with protect the princess since it basically eliminates the orbital knight of the area from the picture.

But like I said, it's unlikely that whatever that research was, that it's going to be revealed, implemented and actioned on within the next 2 episodes, so it's more of a long term prediction. If the series does roll towards martian civil war with fighting earth as well, it's like the research won't really come into play until the end of the first cour and won't really be implemented until the start of the second.
Old 2014-08-11, 18:23   Link #189
Irenesharda

This was the decoded image for this last episode:

Unlike many of the others that are mostly schematics, these show antique books from the Vers Empire entitled "Veritas" which is Latin for "truth". And each of them are entitled about science subjects. Could it be that Slaine, who considering his age when he came to Mars, got most of his higher education from Vers, and thus that is why he was incorrect in his information regarding the Earth because he had been educated with obsolete information that the Vers still think of as truth?

If so, what about all the rest of the Martian population?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-11, 20:23   Link #190
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I don't know, if someone suddenly gained the power to literally shut down a castle using pseudosciency powers that his father was researching by deactivating the aldnoah core powering it, sounds like that would go hand in hand with protect the princess since it basically eliminates the orbital knight of the area from the picture.
That would make things too easy, so I don't foresee them happening until the next half. Asseylum seems like those inept pacifists who will not take action until last moments for dramatic tension.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-11, 20:27   Link #191
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ Why would she point a gun at him? He's her closest friend.
Yeah, I find that weird too. I hope they find a good, believable context for this bit.
Old 2014-08-11, 20:56   Link #192
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, I find that weird too. I hope they find a good, believable context for this bit.
For what it's worth, I think that part of the OP is just symbolism. You know, representing her eventual rebellion against her own people.
Old 2014-08-11, 21:01   Link #193
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's an OP only scene. It was included in the OP storyboard which, iirc, doesn't have the scenes extracted from the show.

Old 2014-08-11, 21:47   Link #194
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
This was the decoded image for this last episode:

Unlike many of the others that are mostly schematics, these show antique books from the Vers Empire entitled "Veritas" which is Latin for "truth". And each of them are entitled about science subjects. Could it be that Slaine, who considering his age when he came to Mars, got most of his higher education from Vers, and thus that is why he was incorrect in his information regarding the Earth because he had been educated with obsolete information that the Vers still think of as truth?

If so, what about all the rest of the Martian population?
That would be odd considering that Rayleigh Scattering was discovered in-between the mid 1800's and early 1900's. So it is unlikely that the Martians had obsolete information regarding that fact. Especially considering the empire was founded by a group of scientists in the first-place, so it would be strange for there to be a misunderstanding in that area. Makes you wonder where Slaine got the misconception from, especially when he is supposedly the son of a researcher.

In regards to the "Veirtas" subject, I was thinking that the Vers empire was named after the Latin word, nice to know we got confirmation on that. I wonder if that was simply due to arrogance from them proclaiming their empire as the "truth" or perhaps there is something more to the whole "find alien tech" thing than what we have been told. The plot twist would be somewhat predictable but I would personally welcome it over the very one-sided perspective we have of the Martians so far.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage

Last edited by Hollownerox; 2014-08-11 at 21:51. Reason: Removed redundancy
Old 2014-08-11, 21:52   Link #195
Thess

About that scene, Slaine was talking about the sea color too. Because Asseylum couldn't split air and water.

Old 2014-08-11, 21:57   Link #196
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
About that scene, Slaine was talking about the sea color too. Because Asseylum couldn't split air and water.
Oh yeah, kind of forgot that it was water he was explaining, so both Slaine and Inaho are right about the science. I guess the princess was simply fulfilling an aspect of her cliche in that scene.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Old 2014-08-11, 22:23   Link #197
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
Oh yeah, kind of forgot that it was water he was explaining, so both Slaine and Inaho are right about the science. I guess the princess was simply fulfilling an aspect of her cliche in that scene.
I just thought he oversimplified it for her understanding. Maybe he made a mistake, because he was nervous, but it just seemed to me he tried to unite both concepts for her benefit. I'm unsure if she understood Inaho's graphics.

Old 2014-08-12, 04:19   Link #198
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
That would be odd considering that Rayleigh Scattering was discovered in-between the mid 1800's and early 1900's. So it is unlikely that the Martians had obsolete information regarding that fact. Especially considering the empire was founded by a group of scientists in the first-place, so it would be strange for there to be a misunderstanding in that area. Makes you wonder where Slaine got the misconception from, especially when he is supposedly the son of a researcher.

In regards to the "Veirtas" subject, I was thinking that the Vers empire was named after the Latin word, nice to know we got confirmation on that. I wonder if that was simply due to arrogance from them proclaiming their empire as the "truth" or perhaps there is something more to the whole "find alien tech" thing than what we have been told. The plot twist would be somewhat predictable but I would personally welcome it over the very one-sided perspective we have of the Martians so far.
I just find it interesting that they named them Veritas and have science subjects and they are also old books. It has to have some kind of meaning behind it.

Also, I don't think Veritas = VERS. If you look at the small print at the bottom of the book, that's where it's stated as being from the VERS library. Also notice that VERS is always in all caps, even though they don't always do it in the subtitles on the show, all written and promotional material puts it in all caps. This usually means that VERS is actually an acronym of some kind, not related to Veritas.

Quote:
I just thought he oversimplified it for her understanding. Maybe he made a mistake, because he was nervous, but it just seemed to me he tried to unite both concepts for her benefit. I'm unsure if she understood Inaho's graphics.
I think that might be why. You can't usually go into something as advanced as Rayleigh scattering to a person who doesn't even know why we see color. It's much easier to talk about light refraction, than it is about scattering.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-12, 05:10   Link #199
jpwong

Quote:
I'm unsure if she understood Inaho's graphics.
You know, Inho was telling the princess in an earlier episode how they couldn't access the internet, but his tablet there is pretty clearly showing a web browser and something that looks suspiciously like what you'd see as a wiki layout

I find it hard to believe that the ship's local intranet would keep that type of information on hand, and it seems unlikely that Inaho would just randomly cache that page.
Old 2014-08-12, 06:32   Link #200
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think that might be why. You can't usually go into something as advanced as Rayleigh scattering to a person who doesn't even know why we see color. It's much easier to talk about light refraction, than it is about scattering.
Yeah, I give History classes, so I understand Slaine's logic in this. Showing off knowledge and accuracy is worthless unless your student has foundations to understand what you're are talking about. Otherwise, you're just quoting a bunch of facts to show off and not actually helping them to learn. What Inaho did is pretty against the principle of teaching, that seems to be quoting facts from memory without filtering and bothering to translate them in understanding level. Reminds me to those kids obsessed with facts without having critical thinking who browse online in class for information, thinking they know because they can click wikipedia links. I'm not sure if they were aiming for this, but he certainly appeared one of them.

Closed Thread