AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 24.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 26.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-06, 14:11   Link #21
ChampDream
Alive

a ok episode, it was a little annoying, but at least Kirito and Sinon finally talk about each other trauma.
I imagine that if the audience saw what Kirito and Sinon were doing they could thing of Yuri, except for Kirito's harem and Sinon's friend.
Old 2014-09-06, 14:30   Link #22
kukuru

Before Sinon Tsun Tsun
Now Sinon dere dere.

Ah Kirito, your hard work paid off.

"I can see the ending" -
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 14:43   Link #23
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Am I the only one that face palmed over how that last part of the chase scene went?
You mean the firing of guns whilst flying through the air?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 14:50   Link #24
Darthtabby

So apparently in Gun Gale Online, every vehicle is a Pinto.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 15:18   Link #25
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Still, how could he possessed that pistol where Shino Asada used it to kill the burglar 5 years ago? It's a mystery...
Yep, it is very suspicious indeed. It is too crucial to be random.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 15:42   Link #26
screaming4vengence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
First half was annoying, her whole mental breakdown feels way to forced, I understand the psychology of it, but it feels like the writers are jamming it down our throats now.

Am I the only one that face palmed over how that last part of the chase scene went?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
You mean the firing of guns whilst flying through the air?
or that a horse just outran a motorized atv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Seeing what looks like an M14 EBR and confusing it with a suppressed AWM is a strange goof on Sinon's part.
good call that appears to be exactly what it was

one thing that bugs me...kirito knows how to ride a horse because he rode one in SAO (if he didnt then bc hes kirito) and knows DG would most likely also know how to ride a horse...so why wouldnt you take the horse???
screaming4vengence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 15:58   Link #27
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaming4vengence View Post
or that a horse just outran a motorized atv
It's one of them fancy new horseless carriages mechanical horses.

Quote:
one thing that bugs me...kirito knows how to ride a horse because he rode one in SAO (if he didnt then bc hes kirito) and knows DG would most likely also know how to ride a horse...so why wouldnt you take the horse???
1. The horse looks like it would be a lot more difficult to support somewhat-out-of-it Sinon on compared to the confirmed size of the trike.

2. DEATH ON A PALE HORSE.
Old 2014-09-06, 16:19   Link #28
HandofFate

anyone else just fastforward whenever Kirito or Sinion are having their PTSD episodes for the 5th+ time?
I mean, I don't actually mind the plot device role they have, but animation wise, its just "derp eyes/gasping"
Didn't mind reading them go thru it since it was just a line or two of them feeling sick, but the anime hangs on it for too long.

Sinion going full useless mode here. I think Asuna held captive in ALO was more helpful.
Poor Musketeer-chan. Maybe we get some fan comics of you.

Dialogue in the last 3rd was pretty steamy. I wonder if the spectators are seeing this are seeing this. Kirito might have an angry Asuna on his hands when he gets back.
Spoiler for Alone time.:
Old 2014-09-06, 16:27   Link #29
Wandering Soul

Not the most exciting episode but it's good that Kirito and Sinon finally had their talk and helped each over with their trauma.
Old 2014-09-06, 16:56   Link #30
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, I enjoyed the ep in general...also nice to see that Death Gun can indeed take damage/be shot. He's a super powered equipment carrier as well as being skilled, it seems.

Sinon venting all her bottled up frustration, pain, anger, etc. was fine for me. When stuff like that comes out of one the trigger often is something scary and when it comes out there is not a whole lot of logic to it...it just pours out. Of course it will seem overdramatic and the like, and one says all sorts of things in a sloppy way.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:03   Link #31
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Sinon's breakdown has been coming. It's good to see her let out all the suppressed emotion. I think she will be ready for action in the next episode.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 19:13   Link #32
pampz21
ShipCore

I had reach enlightment~! Its been awhile since I laugh this hard from watching a show!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 19:16   Link #33
Peanutbutter

Surprisingly, a lot of talking in this episode.

I thought I will see more action and perhaps the climax but maybe the next episode then.

EDIT: Rewatching, I think Kirito finishing off Gunner X/Musketeer X, and coming back to save Sinon, while Sinon was still trying to get into position, was too quick.

Death Gun really took his time walking and preparing to shoot Sinon, eh?

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2014-09-06 at 20:20.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 19:40   Link #34
Hemabody

Quote:
Spoiler:
I don't think that she would lose it if she did that in a virtual world (But at least she will feel it)
Hemabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 19:41   Link #35
Panssj

This arc is so much better than ALO. Back then, when they were broadcasting ALO, I remember asking "will the next arc be like this/somebody bleach my eyes/STOPHELP" and many people who read the novel answer me "it will be worse". Because of them I started SAO II with the enthusiasm of a woman condamned to death, only to see "how bad it will be" (but I sorta appreciated SAO, so it was also "I'm curious to see how they will continue the story").

Why? I mean, it's not a masterpiece but it is way better than ALO. Maybe the production studio was able to make it better?
Old 2014-09-06, 19:49   Link #36
Gravitas Free Zone

As a matter of my personal opinion, this is working better than ALO, as long as Sinon gets a hold of herself without too much more coddling from Kirito, or at least provides some help to him in getting over his issues. ALO had far too much damsel-in-distress story and Suguha was just fanservice on two legs that never wore pants.
Old 2014-09-06, 20:32   Link #37
XFire
150% done

This is how you're supposed to do SAO. They ruined Suguha in ALO, but they're definitely making it up with Sinon here.
Old 2014-09-06, 20:58   Link #38
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panssj View Post
This arc is so much better than ALO. Back then, when they were broadcasting ALO, I remember asking "will the next arc be like this/somebody bleach my eyes/STOPHELP" and many people who read the novel answer me "it will be worse". Because of them I started SAO II with the enthusiasm of a woman condamned to death, only to see "how bad it will be" (but I sorta appreciated SAO, so it was also "I'm curious to see how they will continue the story").

Why? I mean, it's not a masterpiece but it is way better than ALO. Maybe the production studio was able to make it better?
Funny, I thought Phantom Bullet was widely considered to be better than Fairy Dance. Then again there do seem to be people for whom the switch from sword to guns for this arc was an issue.

The studio has done a very good job of adapting this arc but IMO at least some of the improvement is due to them having better source material this time around.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 21:01   Link #39
Hemabody

I didn't like ALO too , it was just something stupid if you play as a fairy , and I don't know why they made it Kirito and his friends' theme game , and the worst thing in the ALO arc , was Leafa , it's a bit stupid to open the chest like that , and if you saw the Extra Edition episode , you will see that it's nothing but an ecchi special.
So there's no comparison , also I am not a big fan of shooting games , this is very great.
Hemabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 21:05   Link #40
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Rewatching, I think Kirito finishing off Gunner X/Musketeer X, and coming back to save Sinon, while Sinon was still trying to get into position, was too quick.

Death Gun really took his time walking and preparing to shoot Sinon, eh?
Kirito has been shown to dispatch opponents within seconds once he begins his assault. Once he determined there was no risk of actual death (due to this not being Death Gun), he swooped in and finished her before the 30 second count was up that he gave Sinon.

That said, wtf was up with him being like "Oh yeah, her real name is Musketeer X, not Gunner X"? No Kirito, her name is what it says on the character display information, which is Gunner X.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote