AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-03, 12:07   Link #6421
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by laclongquan View Post
Rudy's child being Laplace is too sudden. It would wreck every plans in motion and set up a huge brawl, free-for-all. Both Armored Dragon King Perugius and Dragon God would be drawn in instantly, as they are too near the epicentre.

So i think, that for the sake of author's sanity, that Laplace is not Rudy's child > grandchild maybe, with Lara's being the best bet.

One of his children having the chance of being Laplace would explain that scene when they first met Perugius. Even more now that Sylphy is pregnant again.

Quote:
"Before you ask, answer me this. Do you two have a son?"

Perugius asks abruptly.

Sylphy looks troubled.

"Eh? No, only a daughter..."

"Is that so. If you have a son, bring him to me. I shall grant him a name."

"O-oh.. okay."

Perugius smiles slightly.

Super scary.

What does he plan to do with Sylphy and my son?

Going as far as giving a brilliant name.

Coming from a guy that lives in a place called Chaos Breaker...
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 12:14   Link #6422
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Rudy could also try to learn gravity magic.
it would be cool but according to orsted gravity magic is hard to learn and since rudeus is busy and not motivated we might not see at least until the end.
which reminds i think i know at what age rudeus will die, 34 because old rudeus died around 68 he died in his previous life at 34 if you add both it adds to 68, paul also died around this age i know it's crazy but i think is all connected.
Old 2014-11-03, 12:29   Link #6423
Sarka

Yeah, the pro lem with Rudy is that hes nolonger motivate to gain new knowledge. He pretty much stop after Roxy left. Then pick up again in the demon continent, then stop. Pick up again when future Rudy show up. Th en stop when he got Orsted backing.
when thing go a little ez on him, he stop worrying. Its annoying.
Sarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 12:56   Link #6424
The_Codfish

No, he realizes he's reached a bottleneck again at this point of time in terms of upgrading his magic (or rather, he's already at the top of what he can achieve with chantless magic alone; if he wants to cast even stronger spells, he needs to learn the magic formations for them and he doesn't know where to learn that or any other kinds of new magic like gravity or voice magic), so to get stronger, he's been concentrating on the Magic Armor's improvement. Currently, that's taken a backseat to establishing the infrastructure of Orsted's future minions incorporated since, instead of making himself stronger, he thinks it's more important to prepare war potential for Orsted's fight in the future.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 13:22   Link #6425
fox350z

First thanks to all translators who worked on this amazing series, currently at the latest translated chapter, second this novel is awesome it has become my all time favorite novel for its characters development and world immersion(alive). Plus having a mc that doesn't use swords in this kind of setting is something fresh for me
fox350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 13:26   Link #6426
z3r0x
Roxyism Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Rudi
But this power no longer means anything. I was too late. When I became strong, there wasn't a single person left I wanted to protect.
QFT. All present Rudi wants to do is protect ppl around him, so he only learns and does what he thinks is necessary for that.

The diary also showed that he got motivated for the first time in a long time, which was after his wives' dead.

Last edited by z3r0x; 2014-11-03 at 13:48.
z3r0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 14:29   Link #6427
Sarka

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3r0x View Post
QFT. All present Rudi wants to do is protect ppl around him, so he only learns and does what he thinks is necessary for that.

The diary also showed that he got motivated for the first time in a long time, which was after his wives' dead.
Yeah, he was motivated. That's why go all out trying to increase his strength, to fight Orsted.

Then he lose and become Orsted's subordinate. Now he no longer trying to get stronger because he's complacent. All he does now is pretty much follow Orsted's order. His goal is to support Orsted, not to be self sufficient.

Does he even have a backup plan in case Hitogami found a way to attack him/his family directly bypass Orsted's curse. Doesn't seem like it.

It's hard for him to get motivate, but very easy for him to become complacent.
Old 2014-11-03, 15:12   Link #6428
moriyako

Well, i think he's doing quite good now. There's a big difference between current Rudy & Future Rudy. Future Rudy is more than 70 years old with tons of time spending in fighting/ researching / leveling up. As for the current Rudy now, he's still in his 20+. He learnt alots of fighting tricks from Orsted, research & optimize the MK. armor set, travel around the world setting up Orsted's plans... That's a whole lot of works to do and he's doing it well. Also, not all things he did is following Orsted words. He has his own plans like setting up relationships for future fight, helped his friends, managed his own family.

It might be a little boring that he don't have any new skills to show up, but it doesn't mean he's complacent.Besides, Rudy is a whole stronger than any "genius" magician moving around. Comparing to Cliff who only reach Advanced in many type of magic, he's way better.
Finally He's Water Emperor class now, only God-class remains. The higher the level, the harder it become. I myself would be bored if he lvling up so fast. Chinese style is not my favourite anyway.
moriyako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 15:26   Link #6429
Lefay

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriyako View Post
Well, i think he's doing quite good now. There's a big difference between current Rudy & Future Rudy. Future Rudy is more than 70 years old with tons of time spending in fighting/ researching / leveling up. As for the current Rudy now, he's still in his 20+. He learnt alots of fighting tricks from Orsted, research & optimize the MK. armor set, travel around the world setting up Orsted's plans... That's a whole lot of works to do and he's doing it well. Also, not all things he did is following Orsted words. He has his own plans like setting up relationships for future fight, helped his friends, managed his own family.

It might be a little boring that he don't have any new skills to show up, but it doesn't mean he's complacent.Besides, Rudy is a whole stronger than any "genius" magician moving around. Comparing to Cliff who only reach Advanced in many type of magic, he's way better.
Finally He's Water Emperor class now, only God-class remains. The higher the level, the harder it become. I myself would be bored if he lvling up so fast. Chinese style is not my favourite anyway.
I think he's currently complacent, compared to him from the future. Even if he's learning magic faster than he would have, he seems to lack that fighting edge right now.
Lefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 16:31   Link #6430
Destiny Knight
Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefay View Post
I think he's currently complacent, compared to him from the future. Even if he's learning magic faster than he would have, he seems to lack that fighting edge right now.
What rudy need is someone who can use magic better than him and teach him the battle experience unfortunately orsted doesn't sparing with him but just teach him the theory so its hard to learn if you don't have a proper partner . Eris doesn't count because she can't use magic and lack battle experience like orsted or rujierd so its hard for rudy to use his magic on one type of opponent. I think old rudy always pick a fight with so many people that he can react with instinct on most situation. Perfect coach to teach rudy is Moofe I think haha if you think that he can't meet rujierd or badigadi for the moment.
Old 2014-11-03, 19:27   Link #6431
z3r0x
Roxyism Prayer

No one is better than Moore for teaching Rudi, he has experience and even know abt Ran Ma.
Old 2014-11-03, 19:36   Link #6432
Sarka

Actually, he doesn't need someone better to teach him. What he need is the drive to better.
Old 2014-11-03, 19:55   Link #6433
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3r0x View Post
No one is better than Moore for teaching Rudi, he has experience and even know abt Ran Ma.
rudi is already stronger than moore, osterd would be ideal except his a bad teacher and doesn't use magic often to teach rudi you need someone like laplace.
Old 2014-11-03, 20:06   Link #6434
z3r0x
Roxyism Prayer

Rudi has already been a lot lot stronger than Roxy at the point he was asking her for [Lighting].

Weaker does not mean having less knowledge or experience.
Old 2014-11-03, 21:23   Link #6435
Kioras

Rudy has close to topped out what he can do with magic alone. He needs tools and toys to get stronger.

Now Zanoba is working hard on Rudy's armor and they are gathering allies.

Rudy has a magical telegraph to keep in touch with Orsted. Rudy figured out a way to summon his super suit too.

Before that he was training regularly also. These last two were done in response to the last missions failings.

It just is not as apparent because of the strength of the enemies he is fighting. He also goofed against the Death God of course.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 22:00   Link #6436
shizuni
En passant

What he needs is Hitogami to kill Sylphy, Roxy (again) and poor innocent Lucy.

Mushoku Tensei, dark noir arc
shizuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 22:38   Link #6437
PuddingGod
Despair's event horizon

I'd say that Rudi isn't so much complacent, as he simply does not know where to go from here.

Sure he could learn new magic, like Gravity and Voice magic. But how does he go about doing so? He already tried learning Voice magic and failed, Orsted also (for some reason or other) isn't teaching him gravity magic (yet). A lot of you want Rudi to learn new magic, but the question I ask you is HOW?

Obviously, the most immediate method for Rudi to learn Gravity magic outside of Orsted is from ancient ruins. In case you forgot, Rudi has a family to take care of, businesses to run, and a boss to order him around. Even with teleportation, he doesn't exactly have the time to go on some epic montage in search of power.

That's one of the things that allowed Future Rudi to get as strong as he did. He didn't have a family to take care of. He also pretty much abandoned his friends. And more or less went crazy with vengeance. And also unlike Present Rudi, he had made over thousands of enemies to fight against and develop his powers.

I've no doubt that if present Rudi had someone he could trust with taking care of his family, his friends, and his business with Orsted, allowing him to focus all his time and effort into getting stronger, he'd reach future Rudi level of power pretty famn fast.

Now before anyone comes around quoting my above statement, keep in mind that even IF someone appeared, Rudi would STILL want to take care of his family.

It's his goddamn family. People he loves and cherishes, anyone'd be loathe to separate. Simply put, Rudi has no reason to get stronger aside from the immediate HG threat. And for the most part, Orsted has that issue handled, so Rudi isn't too pressured by the looming possibility of imminent death.

...Point of my wall of text is that Rudi won't be getting much stronger anytime soon. Maybe he'll learn some new spells, and maybe his armor will also get stronger too, but that's about it. He isn't going to go GOD-MODE or anything for quite a while.

...Unless Managote-sensei publishes either a Turning Point or a timeskip chapter.
Old 2014-11-04, 03:30   Link #6438
ththth13

That's right, also one the strengts of this series is that there is no easy ways to gain skills and power. If this was Bleach, Rudi would train 3 days and surpass Orsted. There is a lot of fantasy series where MC has never even touched sword before, trains few months with it, and easily defeats those who have trained their whole lives.

Rudi is constantly training and improving, but it takes a long time to learn actual skills that can be used in fights. Those other fantasy series have just made it be too easy. Rudi has already learned most of useful attack spells, and knows how to apply them in battle. This is not a kind of series where you just learn a new secret move, train it few days and then you can defeat an opponent you previously lost. Hastily learned new skills will only get in your way in the real fight.
ththth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 04:13   Link #6439
Destiny Knight
Dead End

If it was a turning point I hope it will be less painful one cause I can't bear to see the three die... Please let it be less painful ...
Old 2014-11-04, 10:50   Link #6440
GodTurtleOm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Knight View Post
If it was a turning point I hope it will be less painful one cause I can't bear to see the three die... Please let it be less painful ...
I still have plenty of room left in my baby Laplace bandwagon. It would simultaneously turn Perugius against them and wreck 90% of the plans they've been making for the last few volumes, but could (possibly) still be resolved without anyone dying.

Orsted doesn't seem to consider the possibility because it's too aberrant compared to the usual loop. He's got a bit of a blind spot when it comes to how Rudy is effecting the current timeline, I suppose when he's seen the same exact thing a hundred or so times, Orsted doesn't consider that things might end up differently this time around. I assume he couldn't force Laplace's reincarnation to happen earlier in past timelines because it was nearly impossible to find two parents with strong enough Laplace factors to have children together. Rudy's Laplace factor was enough to cause the original Rudy (non-reincarnated) to be stillborn.

There was another conversation with Perugius about Laplace possibly being reincarnated as one of Rudy's children in volume 19, which I forgot about when we were discussing this topic earlier.
Spoiler for Perugius and Rudy discuss Laplace's reincarnation:

It's possible that Rifujin no Maganote was simply throwing out a red herring, but I'm going with foreshadowing until I'm proven wrong.

I also agree that Rudy becoming too strong would be boring, which is part of what turned me off about Arifutera, in addition to the amateurish writing. If you want to power up the main character, you also have to power up the antagonists to keep things interesting, and Mushoku Tensei is already at the point where in pure combat ability, there's only a handful of people in the world who can match Rudy. It helps that Mushoku Tensei isn't really a battle series either, but more of an exploration of actions and consequences.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel