AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-26, 08:10   Link #921
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Gotta say that Shinichi Izumi punching Uragami and saving Satomi Murano was the best way to end this amazing adaptation of Parasyte!

Great job Madhouse, but I'm disappointed that they use dub-step music during most of the fighting scenes!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 08:49   Link #922
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What about Ryouko's baby? Shinichi made her a promise, but he doesn't seem too worried about it.
The last we saw of this would've been with the police if memory serves correct.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 09:07   Link #923
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes it does, but I just thought it slightly odd that it received nary a mention in the end (apparently not in the manga either).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 10:25   Link #924
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Unless lightning strikes I'm voting for Migi in the "best supporting" category in the next round of Choice Awards. That will make it three years in a row that I have chosen a non-human for this category along with Chamber and Senketsu.

I'm really happy that Madhouse chose Hirano for such a meaty role, too, after all the crap she's had to deal with. If we had a seiyuu award, I'd vote for her in this role.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 12:12   Link #925
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The question that had plagued Murano for 24 episodes was finally answered. Shinichi really was Shinichi. I would have never guessed!

A solid 8/10 for this adaptation. Could have easily been a 9 if Madhouse had put more efforts into it. I'm delighted an iconic manga like Parasyte received an anime adaptation after all these years and gained more popularity as a result (especially in the west), but it's a shame it didn't totally live up to the original material. Now the wait for the deluxe edition of the manga begins.
Old 2015-03-26, 12:22   Link #926
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I really liked the use of the piano rendition of the OP in the first half of the episode.

I thought there were things that the anime improved on from the manga, and some things that fell a bit short. Yet, all in all I would say this was a solid adaptation. And like SeijiSensei unless someone else blows me away, Migi is also my top pick for best supporting character.
Old 2015-03-26, 13:04   Link #927
moodie

are u really shinchi kun/10 is my rating
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 13:14   Link #928
SamVision

10/10, near perfect adaptation by Madhouse.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 15:51   Link #929
MgMaster

Gotta love shows that offer a more toned-down final episode & take the time to offer proper closure to their characters' story, especially in character driven shows.

Granted, I would've liked to at least get a more clear answer as to where the parasites come from. But on the other hand, it's implied that they're just another lifeform that came to be, just like many other parasitic life forms came to be way before humans even came into existence so it's less of a problem or not one at all if we think about it like that. Kiseijuu's story was mainly told through the perspective of one guy after all and it never intended to take place on an epic scale in the 1st place. So to that extent, it's done an excellent job, especially since Shinichi & Migi's development has been fantastic.

Farewell you two, it's been an awesome ride!(Heck, I'm even gonna miss Murano's "You're the real Shinichi-kun right?" ) and thank you based Madhouse for this fine piece of work.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 16:28   Link #930
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

9/10

Great story, with the explanation of the title (though which requires explanation for the none-Japanese-understanding crowd for them to realize) at the very end.
I guess the foundation is why it was so interesting (the manga, I guess), but they obviously crammed it in. Fast pacing.

Also, some of the... presentation in the anime was questionable. OP song kills my ears.

But putting that aside, two-thumbs up.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 10:00   Link #931
BluePhirePB

Great series! Having never read the manga, I seriously thought Nissan Murano was going to die. Good thing it didn't end up like that!
BluePhirePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 11:31   Link #932
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It was a nice ending, though I don't really buy into Migi's reasons for "leaving". Sounded more like a plot device to allow Shinichi to lead a normal life, and the cynic in me can't help but feel that it was one last logical criticism of Shinichi, by Migi (or more accurate, the author's), for being human (that he couldn't simply choose to be normal if Migi had stayed, and had to be "forced" into it; a treatise on the passive nature of man).
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 13:36   Link #933
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It was a nice ending, though I don't really buy into Migi's reasons for "leaving". Sounded more like a plot device to allow Shinichi to lead a normal life, and the cynic in me can't help but feel that it was one last logical criticism of Shinichi, by Migi (or more accurate, the author's), for being human (that he couldn't simply choose to be normal if Migi had stayed, and had to be "forced" into it; a treatise on the passive nature of man).
Actually, Migi's retreat into this strange, subconscious dream form fit very well for me with some of the show's key themes. Mainly, during his time with Gotou, Migi experienced an entirely new realm of existence on a plane that humanity does not comprehend. He has chosen to focus on the mental, the "spiritual" (whether or not you believe a spirit exists, the word still has meaning in this context). He's already experienced the material world and, given his intelligence, we could say he has as good a grasp on it as any human ever has.

He's now continuing his exploration for answers - an exploration all introspective and intelligent humans undergo, intentionally or not. For Migi, though, he's able to continue exploring the nature of existence, both his own existence, as well as existence in general, in this new frontier, a "parallel" mode of operation, as he put it. As Migi said, humanity is unique in our ability to spend time thinking about things other than survival.

Migi has now perhaps surpassed even humanity in this respect - his survival is of no concern, so much so that he can abandon his material form altogether, and he can spend all of his time exploring the mysteries of reality. I found it a particularly interesting turn for his character. I especially liked when he saw Shinichi's conception of the various characters in the dream, their differences to his own conceptions confirming his suspicion that each sentient mind is a realm to another world, each human existing within their own sphere of reality, never to have a complete understanding of one another.

I like to give myself a little breathing room after finishing a series to give it an honest comparison to the all-time greats... but I am fairly confident that Kiseijuu has earned itself a spot on my list of "best ever" anime. It was a sci-fi body horror with exciting action and compelling characters, but more importantly, the thematic exploration the story undertook was remarkable. It's truly rare to find an anime that is so dignified and mature in its philosophical musings.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2015-03-28 at 14:00.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 19:27   Link #934
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 24 [END]

Despite somewhat being somewhat bumpy narratively in the second half Parasyte really came during these last episodes. More importantly it's themes centered around man's relationship with nature that was prevailent thought season were questioned, tested and reinforced here, in a wonderful fashion.

Honestly, while this show was never the best as far production values went (there barely above average for the most part) I didn't care in grand schemes of things. I was always more engaged in it's content even if I felt there were parts of characters (i.e Murano's constant queries) that were really frustrating to watch at times. Ultimately because those actions were understandable and had meaning conformed to undying messages this show tried to send. So Parasyte to me is another example of show that is greater than it's overall parts. It's really great to see that show like this can still be made in this market which seems more focused pandering just to make a profit.

Overall 8/10
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 16:41   Link #935
askara

Didnt like the lacklustre convenient ending where everything workout for some reason(parasyte dont kill anymore and migi sudenly goes away and Shinichi return to normal life)and haven many unexplained things like what is and where did the parasyte come from? what's the explanation of the parasyte detecting superpower of Hana(?) and murano? and lastly, dam murano is boring and useless
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 11:49   Link #936
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I don't think the author wanted to explore the "hard sci fi" elements of how the parasites came to be, or why Kana could sense them. It was hinted to be the work of environmental extremists and left at that. The series worked so well because it took its given premise and used it took explore a few central themes - getting bogged down in how some scientist or alien created the parasites would have genuinely detracted from the overall experience, in my opinion. That's not to say vague and mysterious plot elements are best left unexplained in all stories, but it was an appropriate choice for this story.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 09:51   Link #937
Arya

Really good series. I loved Migi. And it's a shame he went away in the end. And speaking of which, I took that as an evolutionary step of its species. While the weaks died or adapted to be just humans.

In fact for that reason I saw the serial killer coming. Because I read Migi going away as he stepped up, and so the whole parasyte behavior in the series as just a step. One of the first, and so unrefined and savage, because of that. And so ultimately not the true nature of the parasytes. Migi in fact turned toward a completely metaphysical level, leaving all the physical behind and so showing us the way.

Dont' know if it has been pointed out already, but now that I think about it, Ryouko and her baby could have been intended exactly in this way. Not as motherly instincts; Ryouko recognized in her child the same stage of his species, as them being babies, in fact they were driven only by their urges. I don't remember correctly her last words but, the little I remember is that they could fit. So giving the baby to Shinichi had to be intended not as taking care of the baby, but of her species. (and for that reason we never heard of him again).

And so, going back to the end, the meaning has to be searched specifically in all the similarities that the first stage of the parasites had in common with instead the last stage of humans. Having as human representatives the ones left with Shinichi, a serial killer and a retarded girl.

Yeah, thinking twice, Migi did right!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 00:04   Link #938
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So according to this, Parasyte is 3rd most popular series of winter 2015 in NicoNico. Considering #1, 2, 4, and 5 sells around 10k a volume, I'm flabbergasted as to why Parasyte sells around 1k. Some people claim that it's because JP watchers didn't like the update, but surely it isn't that bad if NicoNico likes it?

Sure I can buy that the anime is an advert for the Live Action, so the anime's success is largely irrelevant, but is 3k sales per volume too much to ask? This wasn't even a 'bad' adaptation by any stretch of the imagination... T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 00:14   Link #939
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So according to this, Parasyte is 3rd most popular series of winter 2015 in NicoNico. Considering #1, 2, 4, and 5 sells around 10k a volume, I'm flabbergasted as to why Parasyte sells around 1k. Some people claim that it's because JP watchers didn't like the update, but surely it isn't that bad if NicoNico likes it?

Sure I can buy that the anime is an advert for the Live Action, so the anime's success is largely irrelevant, but is 3k sales per volume too much to ask? This wasn't even a 'bad' adaptation by any stretch of the imagination... T_T
Probably because the demographic of Nico nico isn't the same as the demographic that goes out to buy overpriced BDs.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 00:21   Link #940
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Which is really interesting, as the rest of the top 5 sells decently well. So I guess there's really a big disconnect between the more hardcore and the casual anime fans in Japan, and something in Parasyte really irked the former.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gore, horror, sci-fi, violence