AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-02, 03:04   Link #2221
Random14

Too bad the battle isn't progressing... again. Oh well, guess it gives time for Gunzou to get into position, but even with a chance of seeing the North American fleet (and I'm still a bit doubtful about that), don't really care for U-2501's crew much.

It was nice to see Kamikage a bit again, he's pretty important too. Wonder how long until we hear the rest of Hakugei's message (I found their meeting with Vampire to be one of the more interesting recent events). And at least Iori's saved now, though I wonder if the rest of the crew will get in there in time to see the mini mental models or if, as the above post speculated, they'll just sneak off after saving Iori.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 14:07   Link #2222
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Thank Ashigara and Haguro pride in wanting to save Iori.
And more spy games between the governments.
And next chapter we finally meet The American Pacific Fleet of Fog!
Old 2015-05-02, 17:53   Link #2223
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
And next chapter we finally meet The American Pacific Fleet of Fog!
I hope so too, but given how the plot is jumping from one place to another this could still take a while. Considering how many plot lines are happening now, battle with Kongou + subplots, 4th facility + subplots, Hakugei & Repulse, Yukikaze's secret mission and now the American fleet, something really big has to happen.

On another note, I was wondering about the death of Iori plot line. First I thought it will be used for some character development for Iona or by extension Gunzou. After all, a possible meeting between Gunzou and Yamato/Kotono would be very different if one crewmember would have died battling one of her subordinates. But now with Ashigara saving her I doubt Iori will die. So was this used for some cheap drama?
I'm getting the feeling that this maybe a setup for a change of ship plot. A couple of chapters ago Hyuuga was asking Gonzou how long he is going to be Iona's [insert missing word her], my bet on the missing word is captain. During this battle we saw how Iona values her crew as friends and wants to protect them, and vice versa. While battling Kongou one of her crew almost died. Maybe Iona will realize that in future battles her capabilites as a submarine won't be enough to protect them. Kongou is a normal battleship, stronger ships and the Fog carriers are still out there and the Fog itself is getting stronger. In addition to the tsundere heavy cruiser there could be a super battleship who also want's to show her engine to our captain.
So I really think there could be change of ship in the near future. I hope Nagato steals Gonzou for herself. The probability for this happening is around 0.1% but the amount of trolling would be amazing.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 23:32   Link #2224
LystAP

Looked at the recent chapter, the North American fleet is one large Battleship, one 'Sea Suppression Ship' (which I presume to be a carrier), and three destroyers.

I hope they're one of the more famous ships, perhaps one of the Iowa sisters. Maybe AP took the break to go on vacation to see one of them; if I recall, Missouri is right there in Hawaii, a popular Japanese vacation spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
So I really think there could be change of ship in the near future. I hope Nagato steals Gonzou for herself. The probability for this happening is around 0.1% but the amount of trolling would be amazing.
It would be great to see Gunzou show off his naval skills, as a commander of not only a submarine, but a destroyer, heavy cruiser, carrier, and battleship.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 04:20   Link #2225
Vaans
NEET

I like Haruna's new hairstyle. She's cuter now.

And who would have thought those two will help Iori and the crew for pride. Its really interesting.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 16:37   Link #2226
DerGilga
Banned

Getting of my lazy butt I practiced my Japanese a bit by translating some pages of the Arpeggio data book. In the data book is a question map where you have to answer some questions. After answering the questions, only the last one is actually important, you are presented with the mental model most fitting for you. The questions are kind of obvious and for most parts the information is nothing new, except one entry which is a huge spoiler. At least if you only consider the manga.
There are 7 traces of questions, numbered A-G. If your answer is yes, you move on in the traces. If no, you go to the next trace. So have fun and find out which mental model is the most befitting for you.

post scriptum: I included the original Japanese. If someone finds an error or has a better translation please feel free to share. Some of the lines are still confusion to me, e.g. Haruna.

Spoiler for Questions::

Spoiler for best mental model for you:

Last edited by DerGilga; 2016-08-03 at 12:32. Reason: Typos, errors ect.
Old 2015-05-17, 21:43   Link #2227
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

I'd like to clear up a couple of these, like E:1, which isn't a complete sentence.

I'd also like a clarification of how the various paths work. How do you proceed from path to path (A to B, A1 to B1, etc. etc.)?

I would also like to know what you consider the big spoiler to be.

Finally, I would like to know if you intend to post more translations (and any images you have would be VERY much appreciated-not that I'm asking you to break any rules if they apply in this case).

PS-I think that this serves to add to the OTP I've been thinking of since Day 1. Just look at the very first promotional poster produced to find out what I'm talking about.
00Zy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 00:10   Link #2228
gill

did zuikaku out? at what chapter?
cause i dont remember there are any CV yet in arpegio
gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 04:47   Link #2229
lfhoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by gill View Post
did zuikaku out? at what chapter?
cause i dont remember there are any CV yet in arpegio
Chapter 45 was the first time she appeared in the manga, and she's an "assualt and suppression" ship now. Still haven't had any real canonical reasons as to what happened to her air wing, I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but she spends most of her time parked off the coast somewhere looking menacing... and fishing.
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 04:57   Link #2230
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dergilga View Post
getting of my lazy butt i practiced my japanese a bit by translating some pages of the arpeggio data book. In the data book is a question map where you have to answer some questions. After answering the questions, only the last one is actually important, you are presented with the mental model most fitting for you. The questions are kind of obvious and for most parts the information is nothing new, except one entry which is a huge spoiler. At least if you only consider the manga.
There are 7 traces of questions, numbered a-g. If your answer is yes, you move on in the traces. If no, you go to the next trace. So have fun and find out which mental model is the most befitting for you.

Post scriptum: I included the original japanese. If someone finds an error or has a better translation please feel free to share. Some of the lines are still confusion to me, e.g. Haruna.

Spoiler for questions::

Spoiler for best mental model for you:
where's vampire?!?!?! And u2501?

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 07:38   Link #2231
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoule View Post
Chapter 45 was the first time she appeared in the manga, and she's an "assualt and suppression" ship now. Still haven't had any real canonical reasons as to what happened to her air wing, I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but she spends most of her time parked off the coast somewhere looking menacing... and fishing.
...and cooking .

Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter coz it looks like we'll finally meet the american fleet. I wonder what archetype American girl AP will use this time, the usual cheerful and energetic one, the mature and confident one, or the slimy one?
Old 2015-05-19, 15:00   Link #2232
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00idiot View Post
I'd also like a clarification of how the various paths work. How do you proceed from path to path (A to B, A1 to B1, etc. etc.)?
e.g.:
G2 yes -> G3 no -> A3 yes -> A4

and

C4 yes -> mental model C+
C4 no -> mental model C-

Hope this makes things clearer.
Quote:
I would also like to know what you consider the big spoiler to be.

Finally, I would like to know if you intend to post more translations (and any images you have would be VERY much appreciated-not that I'm asking you to break any rules if they apply in this case).
Really? There is a mental model with a description which may be hinted in the manga, but never stated, at least to my knowledge. In addition it should have MAJOR plot consequences if it is really true. Hint: Uchuuuu senkan ... *love that song*

If I have time and think its actually worth posting, afterall most of the information are things we already know. Except some redrawn pages in the Kotono bonus chapter, with zero new information so don't ask, and a first draft of chapter 1 there is nothing new, so no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
where's vampire?!?!?! And u2501?
7*2 = 14 ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter coz it looks like we'll finally meet the american fleet.
Nix da! I want my Mutsu first!
Old 2015-05-27, 19:22   Link #2233
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

With our without the 3rd turret?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 13:51   Link #2234
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
With our without the 3rd turret?
あら あら This Mutsu isn't going to suddenly combust... I hope! She will also be a delta core ship like her older sister... I hope!

Here some more translation of the data book. This time a partial translation of a Q&A of the authors. I'll try to translate the rest in the future. Done!

will be redone and posted somewhere else

Last edited by DerGilga; 2016-08-03 at 12:33. Reason: more questions
Old 2015-05-29, 20:03   Link #2235
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoule View Post
It was mentioned a couple of chapters ago that the Fog had airplanes that roughly mimicked the shape of WWII aircraft (I-400 had a Seiran). However, the planes are too small to generate Klein Fields, and are therefore

A) possible to damage

and

B) have similar (subsonic) flight characteristics to their human counterparts.

Combining the above traits with the Fog's then total lack of tactics, they lost their entire air power almost as soon as the war started. This is why Zuikaku (and presumably all the other carriers) have been sitting in reserve and cooling their heels.

Quote:
e.g.:
G2 yes -> G3 no -> A3 yes -> A4

and

C4 yes -> mental model C+
C4 no -> mental model C-

Hope this makes things clearer.
Somewhat.

But I have a question.

If it's A1 yes -> A2 no, does it then go on to B1 or B2?

Quote:
Really? There is a mental model with a description which may be hinted in the manga, but never stated, at least to my knowledge. In addition it should have MAJOR plot consequences if it is really true. Hint: Uchuuuu senkan ... *love that song*
What would you say is the big spoiler about her?

Quote:
If I have time and think its actually worth posting, afterall most of the information are things we already know. Except some redrawn pages in the Kotono bonus chapter, with zero new information so don't ask, and a first draft of chapter 1 there is nothing new, so no.
Zero new text, or zero new camera angles? Because sometimes a re-drawn frame can show something new. Also, were there any changes in the first draft of ch. 1, and can we see what some of the images looked like?

Quote:
7*2 = 14 ....
I think that he was asking why there weren't more questions.

Quote:
Bear in mind that it was almost 30 chapters between when Zuikaku was first mentioned and when she appeared. Mutsu is (ostensibly) being sent to monitor the patrol fleets, which is not the focus of any attention. The American fleet on the other hand, has been mentioned repeatedly for several chapters and is heading towards a rendezvous with a named character.
00Zy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 02:57   Link #2236
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00idiot View Post
Somewhat.

But I have a question.

If it's A1 yes -> A2 no, does it then go on to B1 or B2?
(i)_(j) * yes = (i)_(j+1) and (i)_(j) * no = (i+1)_(j) with i ϵ {A,B,C,D,E,F,G} and j ϵ {1,2,3}
also
(i)_(4) * yes = (i)_(+) and (i)_(4) * no = (i)_(-) with i ϵ {A,B,C,D,E,F,G}
Quote:
What would you say is the big spoiler about her?
人を使うより,人に使われるほうが楽だと感じる

Spoiler for chapter 65:

Last edited by DerGilga; 2015-05-30 at 04:43.
Old 2015-05-30, 09:18   Link #2237
charasu
DigiDestinied

wow, murica....
Spoiler for :

Last edited by charasu; 2015-05-30 at 09:29. Reason: little big pic
charasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 13:27   Link #2238
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by charasu View Post
wow, murica....
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for reaction:
Old 2015-05-30, 13:47   Link #2239
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Well that something for sure O_O;
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 14:00   Link #2240
Tenzen12

I wonder how she would get along with certain student council president. Maybe it's finally time for mysterious transfer student!

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen