Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-26, 03:02   Link #721
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
So, anyone else think that the painting guy resembles Jun from Persona 2: Innocent Sin?
Yeah, me and my friends were asking 'dude, why is that gay here?' I wonder if the similarity is on purpose or not

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 04:20   Link #722
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Yeah, me and my friends were asking 'dude, why is that gay here?' I wonder if the similarity is on purpose or not
You meant "that gUy", right ?
Or else, it's pretty offensive.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 09:44   Link #723
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Well the blue hair boy is most likely to be one of the party member. It's unlikely for P-studio to leak an antagonist this early. Also, I'm sure we'll see the full party roster reveal from Famitsu someday. I bet Famitsu probably have exclusive rights to that reveal considering how popular Persona is in Japan.
I think it could be a cool idea if he was one. A clear opposing force from the start would give the game a pretty new dynamic to a persona storyline, since past games have always been about fighting against the unknown and ambiguous.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 10:24   Link #724
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
You meant "that gUy", right ?
Or else, it's pretty offensive.
No I meant what I wrote because I'm pretty sure he's gay and the game even supports it.

Old 2015-06-26, 12:48   Link #725
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
No I meant what I wrote because I'm pretty sure he's gay and the game even supports it.
Oh so you're the type to label someone based on sexual orientation. Okay, my bad.
It must have been a hard time for Kanji from p4, then...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 13:39   Link #726
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Oh so you're the type to label someone based on sexual orientation. Okay, my bad.
It must have been a hard time for Kanji from p4, then...
I'm..not sure whether calling someone who is a gay, 'gay' is considered to be something offensive. It's one of his prominent characteristic to begin with and that's why that's the first thing that came out of my mind (and my friends) when the character looks like Jun. Honestly it took me a second later to remember his name.

I'm not labeling it to mock the character, but based on which characteristic I found the most memorable for me. It's like pointing at Aegis and saying 'oh hey, it's the robot girl!' or Mitsuru as the 'ice queen'. He's pretty darn unique because from what I know, he's the only one in the persona series that is canonically gay based on the staff's support and story. Don't blame me if that characteristic stood out when compared to the rest of his personality.

Old 2015-06-26, 13:54   Link #727
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Kinda disappointed that the room assistance are kids. :l
Old 2015-06-26, 14:12   Link #728
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Why? Kinda reminds me of HOLIC's shop and I'd say it's safe to assume they're not normal people in the first place.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 14:15   Link #729
Frontier

I'm still wondering if they'll do most of the talking for Igor, barring them finally recasting him .
Old 2015-06-26, 15:24   Link #730
Twi

Quote:
I'm..not sure whether calling someone who is a gay, 'gay' is considered to be something offensive. It's one of his prominent characteristic to begin with and that's why that's the first thing that came out of my mind (and my friends) when the character looks like Jun. Honestly it took me a second later to remember his name.

I'm not labeling it to mock the character, but based on which characteristic I found the most memorable for me. It's like pointing at Aegis and saying 'oh hey, it's the robot girl!' or Mitsuru as the 'ice queen'. He's pretty darn unique because from what I know, he's the only one in the persona series that is canonically gay based on the staff's support and story. Don't blame me if that characteristic stood out when compared to the rest of his personality.
You could have said Flower Boy, or something like that. Not everyone knows his sexual orientation. It was just that you chose a very poor choice of words that defined him.
Old 2015-06-26, 20:57   Link #731
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
You could have said Flower Boy, or something like that. Not everyone knows his sexual orientation. It was just that you chose a very poor choice of words that defined him.
I can't see how it's a poor word, seems to me it's just people who are too sensitive about this thing feeling insecure about it. I also don't understand why the fault falls to me if the other side doesn't know about his sexual orientation; they could simply google it or maybe you know, play the game? Heck, isn't it much worse when people who don't know anything about him is calling me because they think I'm mocking the character by calling him gay?

But alright, sorry about it. We're getting off-topic and I should probably have more understanding in people's views about this topic.

Old 2015-07-03, 09:39   Link #732
com_gwp

I don't think I saw this in the thread yet so just out of curiosity, what's the speculation on the VAs in trailer 2?

MC = Fukuyama
Pigtails = Rina Sato(or I've even seen some people say Kana Ueda?)
Blondie = Mamoru Miyano(?)
Cat = this one I have no clues about
Old 2015-07-03, 09:55   Link #733
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I don't think I saw this in the thread yet so just out of curiosity, what's the speculation on the VAs in trailer 2?

MC = Fukuyama
Persona 4 picked all the waifu seiyuus of their "generation", I expect something similar for P5
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 10:18   Link #734
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:

MC = Fukuyama
For Naruto, it sounds like Nobuhiko Okamoto. There's a little bit of crazy in his tone.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 12:10   Link #735
Frontier

Quote:

MC = Fukuyama
My first thought for Anne/Pigtails was Rina Sato, but I could hear a little Kana Ueda in there, but I'm more leaning towards Rina Sato. Also prepared to be completely wrong .

Don't think Ryuji/blondie sounds like Okamoto or Miyano though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Persona 4 picked all the waifu seiyuus of their "generation", I expect something similar for P5
Makes you wonder who that would include and who also hasn't been in a Persona game before...like, Hisako Kanemoto probably. Risa Taneda and Aoi Yuuki might fit that as well.
Old 2015-07-03, 12:24   Link #736
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
For Naruto, it sounds like Nobuhiko Okamoto. There's a little bit of crazy in his tone.
Miyano can ham it up with the best of them though.

I still expect my guess to be wildly off the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's a pity that Komishizu Ami already had her Persona 4 gig; seeing her star next to Fukuyama again would've been fun.

Edit: looking at some of the other sites, they're speculating that Morgana is being voiced by Ikue Otani (a.k.a Pikachu and Chopper) while Ruyji is Yoshimasa Hosoya (Arslan's Daryun, Danmachi's Welf, IIE SENPAI~)

Last edited by com_gwp; 2015-07-03 at 12:47.
Old 2015-07-03, 12:56   Link #737
Azure64bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Kinda disappointed that the room assistance are kids. :l
I'm ok with it, gives me a Deadly Premonition vibe.
Azure64bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 14:03   Link #738
Frontier

Quote:
Edit: looking at some of the other sites, they're speculating that Morgana is being voiced by Ikue Otani (a.k.a Pikachu and Chopper) while Ruyji is Yoshimasa Hosoya (Arslan's Daryun, Danmachi's Welf, IIE SENPAI~)
I think I would've recognized him if it was Hosoya. It was a lot more high-pitched than I've ever heard from him .
Old 2015-09-12, 16:53   Link #739
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So... some new art out...

ALOT of people are freaking out that they only seem to be advertising these four... so they may be the only playable four...
Old 2015-09-12, 18:00   Link #740
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't see any reason to freak out. Of course the focus is staying on the intro cast. No point taking away all the surprises this early.

And even if it does stay a smaller team...I don't really mind that much. So long as they develop that group all the more because of that.

In the end, I'm pretty sure we've still got a good bunch coming and there is no reason for people to lose their heads before the game is close to being out.

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei