AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-03, 23:54   Link #461
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
So you guys seen the facepalm level of stupid that is starting to crop around Soliel getting help with her "issue".
How can anyone not? Every discussion I go onto slams it into your face.

For the record, yes, it's silly writing on IS's part (honestly, we watch too much anime to be fussed over material like this) but at the end of the day, it's an anime trope which IS meant no harm by, and so seeing all the extreme comments about it puts me off because it's a single support you have to go out of your way to get.

The worst parts of the discussions is that you know half the people are practically bandwagoning and have next to no interest to the game, which is annoying to no end.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 02:04   Link #462
shadow1296

Images
felicia official art
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-07-04, 05:20   Link #463
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
So you guys seen the facepalm level of stupid that is starting to crop around Soliel getting help with her "issue".
I thought the way the game handled that was pretty terrible

but the online reaction to is flat out disgusting.

ever since gamergate, it's apparently now "okay" to harass someone you disagree with.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 05:48   Link #464
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah, that and apparently it's not a very good translation to begin with and people seem to be ignoring the context in favour of 'moral panic'. So business as usual I guess. I've heard a few variations of it so far (I'm still playing Awakenings so haven't gotten to this one yet to see myself) and if you can filter out the rage, the scene sounds like it falls into a tired old trope played for giggles with nothing nefarious going on. Stupid perhaps, but eye roll worthy at most. Not what seems to be trying to be kicked up on a couple media sites atm - but I guess they need the click bait for their ad revenue over quality journalism.
Old 2015-07-04, 06:35   Link #465
Key Board
Carbon

No, my point is you don't ******** harass someone you don't agree with.
Ok, so to some people it's just a moral panic. To some people this is overraction.. Fine. However..

You don't stalk them online
You don't send them death threats
You don't doxx them

Not Zoe Quinn
Not Anita Sarkeesian
Not this person
and not many, many, many other people

but apparently this kind of reaction has been normalized ever since gamergate
it's now standard to meet supposed overreaction with actual disproportionate overreaction

To hell with this shit
this is why people don't respect "gamers" anymore

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2015-07-04, 08:19   Link #466
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
How can anyone not? Every discussion I go onto slams it into your face.

For the record, yes, it's silly writing on IS's part (honestly, we watch too much anime to be fussed over material like this) but at the end of the day, it's an anime trope which IS meant no harm by, and so seeing all the extreme comments about it puts me off because it's a single support you have to go out of your way to get.

The worst parts of the discussions is that you know half the people are practically bandwagoning and have next to no interest to the game, which is annoying to no end.
Yeah, you can't cure stupidity, apparently, trying to help with being nervous around girls, is the same as trying to stop them from liking girls.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 10:28   Link #467
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Yeah its just business as usual on the internet. It feels like most people will just jump on a side of an issue without any in depth look into the bigger picture. You got "journalists" doing it plenty now to so i guess its what passes as good reporting nowadays, lol.

its not like the scenario is the MC brainwashing her or something, jeez. Seeing this whole thing of someone trying to help another being compared to date r**e is what really takes the cake for me, lol.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 11:51   Link #468
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
its not like the scenario is the MC brainwashing her or something, jeez.
I wish it were brainwashing. At least then we'd get two things out of it: the attention given to it being justified and another fetish checked off on the ever growing checklist.

On a more serious note though, I find it humorous that it's getting attention now because the "target" is a female, yet not one gave one iota of care when it happened in Awakening. Only difference? Target was a guy (Gaius).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 14:04   Link #469
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I wish it were brainwashing. At least then we'd get two things out of it: the attention given to it being justified and another fetish checked off on the ever growing checklist.

On a more serious note though, I find it humorous that it's getting attention now because the "target" is a female, yet not one gave one iota of care when it happened in Awakening. Only difference? Target was a guy (Gaius).
Lets throw a wig on Gaius and see if that changes.
Old 2015-07-04, 14:36   Link #470
shadow1296

at this point i could care less about that support conversation. Is it stupid writing? Yes. Is it going to be censored for the NA release? Most definitely. the real question now is whether or not the censored version makes the support better or a lot worse.

anyway here' some art from that new fire emblem tcg
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by shadow1296; 2015-07-04 at 18:54.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 20:17   Link #471
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

The amount of controversy surrounding this nintendo game is really fun to watch. Wow.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 22:08   Link #472
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Meh, PETA complaining about Pokemon had more impact. At least that came with a game.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 23:00   Link #473
Galaxian

Wait... Did I miss something? There was a controversy with this game?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 04:01   Link #474
Shadow5YA

Yeah, I didn't know people had issues other than the typical whining about it being too anime.

Though from the sound of it, I don't think I want to know.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 11:11   Link #475
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Oh yeah, there is most certainly controversy surrounding this game... just go to youtube and search or fire emblem fates and you will be guaranteed to find some of the videos discussing the whole shenanigans going on. People are ridiculously overreacting in some ways... but meh.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 20:39   Link #476
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

About that controversy, someone on tumblr take a 4chan tanslation of one support and blown it up big. Completely mistaken the meaning of the support for something very bad and destructoid and some other idiot click bait sites pick up the news from that tumblr user (destructoid used a forum discussion as a source for that controversy) and make a big deal out of it. Essentially it nothing big deal, don't worry about it since it clear now.
Old 2015-07-05, 23:42   Link #477
Key Board
Carbon

The point is that a certain character was given behavior altering drugs
and that's gross.. period

You still want to play the game? Fine. No one is telling you to stop
You are not bothered? Fine. More power to you.
You are angry that that some people are upset? This is not okay.
You are upset to the point that you stalk and harass people online? This is terribly not okay.

//
Old 2015-07-06, 00:01   Link #478
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

//
Wait what? All the "drug" does is make her see men as females. It doesn't directly change her behavior or personality at all. She even is given explanation to what has happened and is aware of what's going on right after the "drug" takes effect, thus she knows the girls she is seeing are actually guys. She goes along with things because she feels it'll help herself get over her issue of fainting around cute girls. She is not having her orientation altered, she's freaking bisexual.
Old 2015-07-06, 00:04   Link #479
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

You still want to play the game? Fine. No one is telling you to stop
You are not bothered? Fine. More power to you.
You are angry that that some people are upset? This is not okay.
You are upset to the point that you stalk and harass people online? This is terribly not okay.

//
it a magic powder that change your sight so you see boys as cute girls and girls as cute boys. That behavior changing part is the misconception. You are asking 4chan to know any better, they hated tumblr with a passion. >.>
Old 2015-07-06, 00:10   Link #480
Key Board
Carbon

Fine, sensory altering drug
It's just as gross

we those things in real life too
and it was still done without her consent

Look, slipping chemicals or whatever into someone's food/drink even if you intend something good is just wrong.
Especially if it's something that alters your perception in a way like that

//

Tags
3ds, fire emblem