Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-08, 22:26   Link #501
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If splitting a game into 3 pieces and charging (in total with 1 package + 2 DLC route) around 25 more dollars than a usual FE game can be considered so...

Well, good point. I just meant...I knew there was going to be two versions of the game, but for a while now I had thought both would be $40, I mean, I thought people would have to pay $40 to play both base routes, so when I said what I said, I was thinking "well, at least Nintendo is discounting the second route...".

So is Fire Emblem Fates hitting North America in either Q1 or Q2 2016?

Also, the Atlus FE game for Wii U (tentative title 'Illusory Revelations #FE')...is that not expected to hit North America until Q3 or Q4 of 2016?
Old 2015-07-08, 22:35   Link #502
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Urzu 7 means friendlier than having to buy all 3 versions separately each at the full price.
Ahahahaha, indeed. Then again, not even BandaiNamco would be that stup... nah.

Anyways, dang, didn't think the 3rd route would be released so fast. I have
Nohr - Chp24
Hoshido - Chp11
And now I'm going to have to do this one at the same time.

And I realized what I ultimately want to do with this game is create a full team (except me) of Nyuks from various playthroughs and various skills and put them in 1 castle, so I will probably have to play Nohr another 9 times too, then collect all of the conversations including the copy-paste ones for the mothers.
Bleh, tired today...
Courage: "The things I do for love"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 22:58   Link #503
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
third route trailer

Good lord that trailer. Such epicness.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 22:59   Link #504
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
third route trailer

what in the what? this looks bananas.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 23:39   Link #505
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Invisible Kingdom spoilers on game system:
Spoiler:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2015-07-09, 04:56   Link #506
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Regarding that dragon at the end.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-07-10, 01:39   Link #507
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Haa... Went through the last 4 chapters (+last extra) in one night and finally finished Nohr's story. Probably will write a lot more with images later in my blog tomorrow, but in short review (as the credits roll):

Spoiler for text:

In Short:
If you like the Fire Emblem system, buy it
If you want a good story, forget it

PS: My deaths (that I did not reset on):
Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2015-07-10 at 01:52.
Old 2015-07-10, 19:19   Link #508
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Not a good story? That's unfortunate. TBH, I play Fire Emblem games less for the combat than I do for the story and characters. I really loved Radiant Dawn and I liked Awakening quite a bit, but once I saw the new style of Fates I knew I wasn't going to like it. I'm kind of glad I didn't waste my money on it.
Old 2015-07-10, 21:12   Link #509
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm sure the story is "good enough" that I'll enjoy it as I did with Awakening. Still a shame though that it seems it can't reach the narrative heights of the older games from the sounds of it.

Still very much looking forward to this game.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 21:54   Link #510
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Regarding that dragon at the end.
Spoiler for spoiler:
hahahahhaha ;___;
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 22:16   Link #511
shadow1296

well serenade maybe the third story line will be better, because from the sound of your review the nohr and probably the hoshido one's weren't that great
Old 2015-07-10, 23:57   Link #512
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
well serenade maybe the third story line will be better, because from the sound of your review the nohr and probably the hoshido one's weren't that great
Meh, I've heard that the third wasn't exactly great either.
In the first place...
Spoiler for Chapter 6:

Old 2015-07-13, 02:36   Link #513
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Meh, I've heard that the third wasn't exactly great either.
In the first place...
Spoiler for Chapter 6:
The question is... how did you feel about Awakening's story on a scale from 1 to 10? If you though it wasn't close to a 10, then we probably have different story tastes and it is all alright... if you thought it was very good, then there may be a problem. But still, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2015-07-13, 14:08   Link #514
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Honestly I think we should just wait for the game to come out before making judgement on the story, a lot of the so-call controversies come from either mistranslation or misinterpretation from players even if they already had the game.

Another thing, Fates is the last game that Iwata served as executive producer and the last game he did a Iwata's ask on... RIP
Old 2015-07-15, 04:33   Link #515
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Honestly I think we should just wait for the game to come out before making judgement on the story, a lot of the so-call controversies come from either mistranslation or misinterpretation from players even if they already had the game.

Another thing, Fates is the last game that Iwata served as executive producer and the last game he did a Iwata's ask on... RIP
Yeah, I'm sure I'll like it, and I have two reasons to like it now.

Old 2015-07-16, 00:01   Link #516
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finished Invisible Kingdom... Story-review.
As for difficulty, I played Phoenix+Normal, so I can't really say anything about it right now. I plan to play through Hard-mode after creating my Nyxs army, but until then... Fuhahaha.

Without spoilers, in short, it was more or less the average Fire Emblem story. Better than the mess that was Nohr's story, at the least.

Spoiler for story spoilers:

Old 2015-07-16, 00:51   Link #517
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
A lot of people fluent in Japanese says the story sucks.... heck consumers on Japanese sites like Amazon are saying the same thing. If it didn't bother you in Awakening though I doubt it will here either.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 03:59   Link #518
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A lot of people fluent in Japanese says the story sucks.... heck consumers on Japanese sites like Amazon are saying the same thing. If it didn't bother you in Awakening though I doubt it will here either.
Most of the complain are about the price on Amazon and I don't really take them seriously. There are a lot of false spoilers that people is spreading, there still a lot of stuff remain unclear. Shits like Sakura getting tearing into pieces by Faceless or that special scene that you got if you married Azura in the third route or that one character dying then coming back is some of false spoilers. I rather wait to get my hand on it first.
Old 2015-07-16, 22:32   Link #519
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Most of the complain are about the price on Amazon and I don't really take them seriously. There are a lot of false spoilers that people is spreading, there still a lot of stuff remain unclear. Shits like Sakura getting tearing into pieces by Faceless or that special scene that you got if you married Azura in the third route or that one character dying then coming back is some of false spoilers. I rather wait to get my hand on it first.
Not to mention... we both loved Awakening's storyline... so yeah...

Old 2015-07-17, 10:03   Link #520
Shadow5YA

Fire Emblem has always had a rather simplistic storyline, and I've never really found them to be compelling anyway.

something something invasion and dragons
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem