AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-18, 10:43   Link #4121
Desmonddf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areswarlord View Post
Just saw the new ep preview, and the armor for Albedo is so so so much better then the one in manga, much more like how i pictured it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwDoP8aoRA
God dammit armour with breasts -_-

One thing i´ve come to HATE in anime - breasted plates for woman and bikini-mail. Seriously. Those things just..... argh. Just defead any proposit of armour in the first place, since they redirect sword slashs to the center of the chest and trusts to the underneck, AND must be unconfortabable as hell.

Give then woman good armour, dammit ! I wanna see then look mean and dangerous, not sexy. They can look sexy afhter they fight.
Old 2015-07-18, 10:48   Link #4122
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I don't get it. What was the cash item for?
To shorten/nullify the required casting time (which would've taken a bit) so that the spell activates instantly.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 11:02   Link #4123
bakato

Thanks. New chapter's up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 12:35   Link #4124
Areswarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmonddf View Post
God dammit armour with breasts -_-

One thing i´ve come to HATE in anime - breasted plates for woman and bikini-mail. Seriously. Those things just..... argh. Just defead any proposit of armour in the first place, since they redirect sword slashs to the center of the chest and trusts to the underneck, AND must be unconfortabable as hell.

Give then woman good armour, dammit ! I wanna see then look mean and dangerous, not sexy. They can look sexy afhter they fight.
i get what your saying, but look again she's in full armor no part of her body is open to attack, also let not forget she's made by a man in a videogame to be sexy not accurate .
Areswarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 12:59   Link #4125
human6861

Well , it difference than manga design
Spoiler for large image:

You can say the anime design pretty like MMORPG design . At less it not bikini armor lol .

But it will be fun to see Albedo in manga armor do girly pose .
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 13:04   Link #4126
ChuckE
Provoker

In the latest chapter

The leader of the thirteen heroes; there was a legend that in the beginning, the hero was just an ordinary person. Although that person was weaker than anyone, the hero became the strongest by endlessly swinging a sword despite being covered in wounds. The hero possessed a power that could rise without end.

Sounds like World Savior world-class item Or maybe it's just a figure of speech

Also
According to the person who’s actually seen it, the strong magic guarding the grimoire prevents anyone without a strong sense of justice from touching it
Would be fun when hero Momon will be able to take that book
Old 2015-07-18, 13:14   Link #4127
human6861

^Sebastian
As the current Ainz , i think he is neutral , not evil
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 13:20   Link #4128
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by human6861 View Post
^Sebastian
As the current Ainz , i think he is neutral , not evil
I think that his trait as undead is to be evil. I neam it's just his natural trait.
Old 2015-07-18, 14:10   Link #4129
Desmonddf

Quote:
i get what your saying, but look again she's in full armor no part of her body is open to attack, also let not forget she's made by a man in a videogame to be sexy not accurate .
On the LN she was made to be accurate when wearing armour.... it´s just a shame they put fanservice on that.

Besides, there is a important thing about armour - it isn´t enough if it covers the body ! It has to deflect attacks.

Of course, no mortal from the new world could hurt Albedo (with or without armour) but someone with the same strenght as her COULD pierce through the armour.

And yes, that can happen in real life, even by someone with (weak) human strenght (see here a platemail being pierced by swords : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo). Is one of the reasons why real armour had to be a specific DESIGN attached to it.

Most specifically, it has to redirect hits to the sides of the body, in order to prevent the blades to cut through the armour or pierce it. So, if you see any real platemail, you will notice that the center of the chest and the collar are puffed. The reason for this is to prevent anyone from piercing or slashing the sternum (the bone in the center of one´s chest), wich is a natural weak point of the body (no muscles above it, so you can break the bone and/or penetrate the chest cavity with ease) and/or to come with an uppwards attack, hit lightly the chest and then just thrust the blade on one´s unprotected neck.

In fact, you will see that the LN-version of the armour take this into account, by putting an puffed center and collar platemail and a neckprotector on Albedo.

And THAT is some goddam beautifull design to a piece of armour !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
I think that his trait as undead is to be evil. I neam it's just his natural trait.
Give a look to his Character Sheet...... Ainz has a sense of justice of -500... it´s the top negative sense of justice, "Extremily Evil".... wich is the same as Albedo and Demiurge, by the way......
Old 2015-07-18, 14:37   Link #4130
LystAP

Interesting note, we were talking about resources before.

Spoiler for Resources:
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 14:42   Link #4131
dragonking9

Talking money

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Interesting note, we were talking about resources before.

Spoiler for Resources:
doesn't this mean that whatever materials he throw in there it would convert it to money? then it is time to buy as many mines as possible or become a merchant
dragonking9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 14:44   Link #4132
bakato

The princess really is a monster.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 15:25   Link #4133
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
The princess really is a monster.
And Lakyus a chuuni Or is the sword really trying to consume her?
Old 2015-07-18, 16:06   Link #4134
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
If it's cursed - and consumes souls/lifeforce/sanity - or talks funny ... who knows?
Old 2015-07-18, 16:19   Link #4135
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
If it's cursed - and consumes souls/lifeforce/sanity - or talks funny ... who knows?
no surprise if the sword is something left over form a player.
Old 2015-07-18, 16:51   Link #4136
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
It's just a item from the old MMO, so it doesn't actually do anything to her. She just thinks it does.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 17:19   Link #4137
Schattenbach

Ainz got some serious issues to deal with, indeed ...

But ... getting only a single gold coin out of decent amount of ressources is insufficient indeed.

And intelligent/living items didn't exist in YGGDRASIl, so that's out anyway.

Last edited by Schattenbach; 2015-07-18 at 17:43.
Old 2015-07-18, 17:44   Link #4138
kubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroRabbit View Post
Finally finished reading through Part 3 so here's more spoilers and another cliffhanger; Part 2 (which is short) and Part 3 at the same time. Gonna take some time to TL and read through part 4 though.
Spoiler for Overlord WN Spoiler:

Again, here's a note that this was made with the help of machine translation, and that it has not been edited that much. Do forgive me for any mistakes you find while reading it.

Overlord WN Massacre - 3 (Part 2 & 3)
Thanks man, I'm really looking forward to the souls vacuuming part

Last edited by kubi; 2015-07-18 at 18:50.
kubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 18:55   Link #4139
Namorax

Quote:
Just saw the new ep preview, and the armor for Albedo is so so so much better then the one in manga, much more like how i pictured it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwDoP8aoRA

Is there a reason why they are always showing Sebas with only one eye? One of his eyes is always hidden in the shadows...
And personally, I prefer the version of Albedo's armor that was shown in the manga. I mean, it had the effect of being slightly comical, right?
Albedo wants to protect Ainz at all costs, so she equips everything she can and then some more, which results in that "Fullmetal Alchemist" appearance.

The anime's armor is 90% fanservice: "Sir, our calculations revealed that this episode doesn't have enough 'anime bewbs' to meet the quota, what should we do?"
"Don't panic! It can't be helped, but slap some of them on Albedo's armor. They might not bounce, jiggle or glimmer, but it's still better than nothing."
"Sir, you are a genius, sir!"
"That's why I'm calling the shots. And now go, all that fanservice doesn't animate itself!"
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 19:11   Link #4140
Schattenbach

The only major issue I see with Albedo's armor in the manga is that it's too thick. Sure, she's a tank/bodyguard and all but it still seems a bit too sluggish. Overall, when comparing the three different heavy high-end armor designs that appeared thus far, I prefer Shalltear's the most as it's both stylish and sufficiently functional.

Last edited by Schattenbach; 2015-07-19 at 06:34. Reason: fixed typo

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination