Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-10-02, 22:13   Link #581
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Since we're all talking about Doctor Who. Here's a fanime done by animator OtaKing who apparently is now working with the BBC animating missing scenes from the First Doctor

WAIT WHAT?

I've never heard of this, so should we expect the First Doctor in anime form?

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 06:38   Link #582
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Next Week:

Recognized her the instant she appeared on the screen.
Or more accurately, for the role she's probably more famous for playing.
Old 2015-10-13, 21:22   Link #583
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was a interesting set of episodes. I was honestly trying to figure it out.

I have noticed that this writer tends to kill the guest that most likely to be a companion.
Old 2015-10-25, 19:34   Link #584
GDB

This week's episode was amazing. Maisie really nailed the Nightmare role. Can't tell whether she's friend or for now, either.

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 07:52   Link #585
AntonKutovoi

Capaldi was amazing in the latest episode.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-10, 08:15   Link #586
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Capaldi was amazing in the latest episode.
He was great, wasn't he. His, essentially, 10 minute monologue on war was quite impressive. It was definetly a speech none of the other Doctors could have provided.

That said, Bonnie's rationale for war, though, was still never really addressed. The first of the two-parter was having too much fun make ISIS/ISIL comparisons to really care about the extremists message, but the second part really doubled down on their desire for freedom - specifically freedom to be themselves. It's a bit harder to really see the current conclusion as being in any way beneficial to the group that just wanted to live their lives as themselves rather than disguised as another. That's, of course, not to say that their approach was in any way helpful to their cause, and it is unclear if violence was their immediate approach or, as in most revolutions (cultural or otherwise), it was a conclusion reached after much internal struggle and debate. Whatever the case, the Doctor's magnificent speech doesn't quite bridge the gap the writers intended it to.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 14:12   Link #587
GDB

Had to happen, and I've been wanting it to happen for almost two years now. But still, I salute.

"Let me be brave."
Old 2015-11-22, 18:30   Link #588
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder what the eventual fandom history will paint for Clara Oswald. Some hate her character intensely, (or the concept of her more than her really), others love her. I don't think anyone is against Jenna Coleman herself, she's quite nice.

My take on her is that she seems the most like Sarah Jane in terms of how she interacts with the Doctor. Sarah could hold her own when needed even when she was written in the 70s. I wonder if the fandom will also see that with Clara as being any different than the likes of Rose, Martha, Donna, or Amy. Or if they see something else.
Old 2015-11-22, 19:16   Link #589
GDB

Problem with Clara is that they basically made her a perfect human (literally downloaded top tier skills into her in her first "actual" appearance) and then made her an integral part of the Doctor's entire history, including fluctuating The Moment from the Doctor's biggest failure into a genius plan.

And then as soon as Matt Smith leaves, she seems to lose all of that, looks at him like he's some weird, new person (despite interacting with all his regenerations via fragments, and directly interacting with Hurt and Tennant), and completely lost all of her top tier skills. Basically, the entirety of her character since the beginning of season 8 until now has felt like it was written for a new companion, but they didn't switch and also didn't rewrite it.
Old 2015-11-23, 05:22   Link #590
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well we are only about a month away from likely finding out how River and Clara are connected....from River's "spoilers" from years ago now.
Old 2015-11-29, 07:04   Link #591
AntonKutovoi

Wow. Just wow. Episode was heavy, but incredible.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 10:04   Link #592
GDB

Yeah, that was a really good episode.
Old 2015-11-29, 10:15   Link #593
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Well.......... damn!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2015-11-29, 14:18   Link #594
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Problem with Clara is that they basically made her a perfect human (literally downloaded top tier skills into her in her first "actual" appearance) and then made her an integral part of the Doctor's entire history, including fluctuating The Moment from the Doctor's biggest failure into a genius plan.

And then as soon as Matt Smith leaves, she seems to lose all of that, looks at him like he's some weird, new person (despite interacting with all his regenerations via fragments, and directly interacting with Hurt and Tennant), and completely lost all of her top tier skills. Basically, the entirety of her character since the beginning of season 8 until now has felt like it was written for a new companion, but they didn't switch and also didn't rewrite it.
Totally agree. I was completely hooked with Clara since she appeared as Oswin and was delighted to see her as a companion... her interactions with Matt and the overall era of both of them made me forgot about Rory and Amy pretty soon... even if I don't like Moffat in big plots (I love him when doing one shot episodes, it's just that I find so many inconsistencies in his work as a whole.) And then, what you said. Twelve arrives and then Clara is as a completely new character, with no trace of the previous one. No special skills, not knowing anything about the doctor when she has seen him almost all his life, a new and very forced romantic interest...

As fond as I am of Clara, I am glad she leaves, because I think that she is doing it even too late.
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 01:14   Link #595
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well that's one way to go "the long way around", Doctor.

I'm starting to suspect the Doctor we see at the very beginning of the story is actually from the end of this series making sure everything is in place for when he need it. Temporal loops and all that, plus doing things out of order seem to be a viable use of the narrative given this is a show about a man in a box that can go any when, anywhere, in any order.

I wonder...will the Doctor steal another TARDIS? A Me gift?
Old 2015-12-07, 02:12   Link #596
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I wonder...will the Doctor steal another TARDIS? A Me gift?
Turns out, yes and no.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-12-08, 15:17   Link #597
james0246

Okay, how did Me live so long? The sheer likelihood of living 4 plus billion years with one piece of technology is already a little iffy, but considering the statistical likelihood of her getting killed at some point should be 100% or so [considering the time scale), how did she last billions of years? (Presumably, she beefed up her technology along the way, but still...). That being said, good episode. Sadly, it wasn't great, and the was mostly due to near constant sci-fi babble of the first half. Once Galifrey was ditched, though, the episode became quite good.

Additionally, this might just be my favourite season of new Doctor Who.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 21:08   Link #598
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Living via hours of practice. If she actually lived for that entire time from being a Viking to the end of the Universe, she is trillions of years old, and outlived everyone else. Just sitting waiting for the end, in the last minutes of the universe. However those last minutes were on Gallifrey. Or whatever was left of the universe ended up there, in the Cloister.

Now she can live the parts she missed being in one place at one time for eternity. Now she can be in all the places at anytime. She could easily outlive the Doctor (already has really), and still be wondering around.

Clara may eventually get bored and go back to die. But until then, she will travel. Or she might find she and Me need a mortal (or at least new) companion, just like the Doctor needs one so he can see it. Otherwise the universe is just stuff.
Old 2015-12-25, 16:41   Link #599
GDB

Loved the Christmas special. Not only a decent story, but great character development and interaction between River and the Doctor. This one quote is so haunting, too:

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2016-01-22, 19:12   Link #600
Ulin

It seems that Moffat will leave the show after season 10 but, the bad news are that the season is being put off until 2017, having this year only the christmas special
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction