Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-07-07, 18:23   Link #1881
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I'm kind of amazed at how many plots the chapter covered, all 20 pages were used well (dorm introduction, principal, funny moments with everyone settling in, etc.). The Principal is still looking for the traitor (glad that was brought up again), and the dorms are another way to look for clues. Still no idea who it is (and hopefully it won't just turn out to be mind control or super spying ability).

I'm relieved to see Aizawa scold them, and that if things weren't so dire, they would be expelled for their stunt. Things happened to work out great (this is a shonen manga), but still, very reckless and unprofessional. I'm happy to see Aizawa as the voice of reason and authority. Not just the three who came up with the crazy idea, the two who went with them to try to stop them, the rest of the class share responsibility too by staying silent.

I'm happy to get back to the humor too. Ojiro as the sane one, Iida's glasses, Deku's All Might collection, etc. Not quite sure how to take Bakugo's action, was that his way of helping lighten the mood? Might be the friendliest thing he's ever done, in his own way.

Now to see how crazy the girls' rooms will be. Though I wish we could see Bakugo or Todoroki's rooms too.
Yet if they didn't rescue Bakugou, then All Might most likely would have lost against All For One due to not being able to go all out. That's why I give the kids leeway. I honestly think the hero side of things is a bit stupid. They're not even supposed to defend themselves when they're being attacked without permissions? Seems a bit idiotic to me.

I can actually see where Stain is coming from in the manga
The hero system is definitely somewhat broken, though I don't agree with his methods at all.
Old 2016-07-07, 22:42   Link #1882
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^thanks, but i didnt expect so many chars introduced they exceed 12 which means that mostlikely my theory fails :'(
Aizawa mentioned that it's 1 building per class or 1 class per building whichever you like it. So Class 1-B is at another building.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 05:31   Link #1883
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Shadow boy had the best room. Soo chuuni...

But Mineta...that grapeface...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Aizawa mentioned that it's 1 building per class or 1 class per building whichever you like it. So Class 1-B is at another building.
Unless enough 1-B parents said no and they have to fold it into 1-A, as has been speculated. They did specifically state that more of 1-B's students were seriously injured than 1-A's.
Old 2016-07-08, 06:09   Link #1884
B214

Like i said, Aizawa said clearly it's 1 class per building. That's why there are empty rooms in the dorm. Regardless of whether or not Class 1-B has less students or not, the dorm building they're currently in is exclusive to Class 1-A, Class 1-B won't be there.

Also there are 12 empty rooms still available in that dorm building if you check the allocation of room Aizawa explain. If they really want to include both classes together, UA might as well just add another floor which is another 8 rooms will give them 40 rooms. That way they'll be able to fit in both classes with no problem, but they didn't do that so Class 1-B won't be staying in their dorm.

Last edited by B214; 2016-07-08 at 06:22.
Old 2016-07-08, 08:18   Link #1885
Slayerx

This chapter was just so fun. The ending of this chapter is just so silly. Deku's suddenly getting so serious, half the guys are getting competive while the rest just act like they don't care. its just so wierd and silly... also i like the little bits like the fact that Mina and Uraraka stol some of Iida's spare glasses =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yet if they didn't rescue Bakugou, then All Might most likely would have lost against All For One due to not being able to go all out. That's why I give the kids leeway. I honestly think the hero side of things is a bit stupid. They're not even supposed to defend themselves when they're being attacked without permissions? Seems a bit idiotic to me.

I can actually see where Stain is coming from in the manga
The hero system is definitely somewhat broken, though I don't agree with his methods at all.
The problem that you're not recognizing is what would have happened if their plan didn't work... What if they charged in like they did, but the villains managed to catch them before they escaped (like what if Mt Lady didn't managed to play interference at the last second to help them). All Might would then have FOUR students to worry about instead of just one. They would have ended up making the situation even worst. This kind of recklessness could get them killed... Heck, with a little bad luck or worst timing, they could have gotten themselves caught in Mt.Lady's smash attack on the building, or AFO's blast against the heroes

This is why the kids are supposed to leave everything to the Pros. The pros have more training, experience, and proven capability; the risks are much lower when they take on such actions and they are allowed to take those risks. The Pros are the ones who are allowed and even expected to risk their lives in this line of work. You tell the students that they will always be forgiven for breaking the rules as long as everything works out and they will be more likely to KEEP breaking the rules until it doesn't work out and they end up getting themselves injured, killed, or just making a bad situation worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Unless enough 1-B parents said no and they have to fold it into 1-A, as has been speculated. They did specifically state that more of 1-B's students were seriously injured than 1-A's.
They could... but if you look at the layout there are only 2 male rooms available. They could fit all of B class's girls in the dorm, but they only have enough room for 2 guys... which means they would have to eliminate almost all the males in B class. Makes it rather hard for the author to prioritize who should stay and who should go

Though one thing i do think is possible, Mind-boy could potentially get moved into Class A. He did mention its possible for general studies students to move into the heroics department.
Quote:
Y'know, thinking about it, he actually seems a bit too obsessed with darkness. I mean ya its kinda of his thing, but one of the problems he has is that he looses control of shadow when it gets too dark. Frankly it seems like he would actually want to sleep with a nightlight just to keep from loosing control of his shadow while he was asleep.
Old 2016-07-08, 09:55   Link #1886
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post

But Mineta...that grapeface...

and edgy.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 17:20   Link #1887
marvelB

A neato chapter, this was! As others already said, it's amazing how much stuff got covered here (the dorm explanation, the traitor at UA, etc.) I especially liked the scene with Aizawa's lecture... it pretty much shows that in the end, he's still a big softie despite his strict exterior. I just like how he was all "Well, under normal circumstances I'd expel most of you for breaking school rules and endangering yourselves..... but whatever, that's water under the bridge now. Let's just chill and relax, yeah? "

And yeah, the whole "dorm tournament" thing is great so far. I loved how Tokoyami kept trying to block the door to his room. lol. I also do hope that we do get to see Mineta's room, whatever horror it contains. As far as the girls' rooms go, I'm actually interested in seeing Hagakure's (invisible girl's) room more than anything.... I'm kinda expecting it to look like it's literally empty, heh.

Oh, and for those confused about the scene between Bakugou and Kaminari.... I know the scene makes it look like Bakugou was extorting cash from the thunder kid, but I think what he actually did was force him to explain about Kirishima's goggles. In other words, that money came from bomb-boy's own pocket, not Derpface.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 04:51   Link #1888
Random14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The problem that you're not recognizing is what would have happened if their plan didn't work... What if they charged in like they did, but the villains managed to catch them before they escaped (like what if Mt Lady didn't managed to play interference at the last second to help them). All Might would then have FOUR students to worry about instead of just one. They would have ended up making the situation even worst. This kind of recklessness could get them killed... Heck, with a little bad luck or worst timing, they could have gotten themselves caught in Mt.Lady's smash attack on the building, or AFO's blast against the heroes

This is why the kids are supposed to leave everything to the Pros. The pros have more training, experience, and proven capability; the risks are much lower when they take on such actions and they are allowed to take those risks. The Pros are the ones who are allowed and even expected to risk their lives in this line of work. You tell the students that they will always be forgiven for breaking the rules as long as everything works out and they will be more likely to KEEP breaking the rules until it doesn't work out and they end up getting themselves injured, killed, or just making a bad situation worst
Agreed, which is why I like Aizawa scolding them. Just because things happened to work out perfectly this time, they broke the rules, and their vigilante actions cannot be condoned. The proper action is to leave it to the adults. When they were fighting Stain, they made an exception because things were life or death and things escalated fast. The five running off were reckless, and the other twelve stayed silent which made them complicit.

Fiction often has the stowaway, the rookie or cadet or kid who sneaks on the mission and ends up saving the day. Its stupid, but I can understand why its an appealing/entertaining story idea. The kids' presence helped out All Might, but it was extremely risky and stupid (as Iida and Yaoyorozu said repeatedly). Its why All Might scolded Deku too after the fight. This manga's portrayal of most of the adults as competent and giving it their all is one of my favorite aspects of it. I hope Deku doesn't have to keep rushing off on his own (most of them look pretty ashamed after that). Though yeah, Aizawa changing topics was too fast, but that itself is still funny too.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 05:36   Link #1889
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and for those confused about the scene between Bakugou and Kaminari.... I know the scene makes it look like Bakugou was extorting cash from the thunder kid, but I think what he actually did was force him to explain about Kirishima's goggles. In other words, that money came from bomb-boy's own pocket, not Derpface.
I agree that that money was from Bakugou himself but I would say that he made Kaminari derpy to liven up the gloomy situation since they all got scolded. That or he wanted a small distraction so he can give Kirishima the money without anyone knowing.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 05:56   Link #1890
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
I agree that that money was from Bakugou himself but I would say that he made Kaminari derpy to liven up the gloomy situation since they all got scolded. That or he wanted a small distraction so he can give Kirishima the money without anyone knowing.
but what i wondered more than his behavior was that he came out of kaminari 1.300.000 volt shock attack without a single scratch, he held him a few seconds ago on his clothes and was behind some plants who wont really allow a long retrat,
so he can only be really really close,
and he didnt have a single injury :O

PS: does anyone think kaminari could use (at hispeak) a technique like killuas god-speed?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 06:48   Link #1891
dragon1412

Quote:
but what i wondered more than his behavior was that he came out of kaminari 1.300.000 volt shock attack without a single scratch, he held him a few seconds ago on his clothes and was behind some plants who wont really allow a long retrat,
so he can only be really really close,
and he didnt have a single injury :O

PS: does anyone think kaminari could use (at hispeak) a technique like killuas god-speed?
impossible, disregarding the physicals law in both manga since we can't really compare, the nature of their power is different, thinks of Killua like a generator and Converter, then Kaminari would be generator + storage, unless we knew how his power growth, otherwise, we get that if he exceeded his voltage limit, his brain got short circuited, Killua god-speed, involved running electric through his body and nerve to archieve higher reaction and speed, obvious it's really good techniques for someone who could short-circuited his brain
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 09:05   Link #1892
LevelSeven

^that is why i said "at his peak"

afterall kaminari doesnt only have the need of a larger storage of electicity but also must learn to control it if he releases electricity, if he masters its control maybe he could pull it off without frying his brain
but hori could have other usages for him...which im not really able to think of :/ do you have a idea other than the electric attack (elector beam, shock, ball etc etc) spamming like in so many other storys?
Old 2016-07-10, 06:31   Link #1893
Sixth
Hu Tao

Who thinks that there is not enough of Deku in his hero costume's action? I want to see him wearing mask in action.
Old 2016-07-10, 07:06   Link #1894
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Who thinks that there is not enough of Deku in his hero costume's action? I want to see him wearing mask in action.
i think it is ok right now,
he is still far to weak for believable superhero fights,
i would say if he reaches the end of his secon year hori can spam the hell out of deku+superhero suit and the same for the classmates, afterall they will mostlikely need "real" experience in "real" fights against villians before going to 3rd year (where they, again mostlikely, will have half of their time working as sidekicks by heroes) ^_^
Old 2016-07-10, 12:03   Link #1895
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Sorry guys, i guess i might be the outcast for this, but seriously, Deku's mask is terrible.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 13:58   Link #1896
LevelSeven

does anyone expect me read the .5 capters that are released sometimes?

in 80.5 hori gave some really interesting info:
Spoiler for wow:

and it got finally confirmed what is the deal with 1,000,000% smash:
Spoiler for oh:
Old 2016-07-13, 00:10   Link #1897
B214

Quote:
does anyone expect me read the .5 capters that are released sometimes?

in 80.5 hori gave some really interesting info:
Spoiler for wow:

Spoiler for oh:
Thaiwan? You mean Taiwan or Thailand right?
Old 2016-07-13, 09:16   Link #1898
LevelSeven

^yeah, one of them XD
Old 2016-07-13, 10:55   Link #1899
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Spoiler for oh:
Good to hear that because 1 million smash is really BS to pull for current Deku.

For those who figured out before this, good job.
Old 2016-07-13, 11:39   Link #1900
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for new chapter:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot