AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-12, 07:05   Link #141
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Oh, and as a female lead I like Sochie. This is much better than Wing in its start, and IMO much more interesting than SEED. I almost fell asleep the first episode of SEED, and didn't watch it any longer ... this one made me smile all the way through.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 07:34   Link #142
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Sochie is actually my favorite character...She has such courage and convictions...even with her over the top attitude she can be inspiring at times...She has really defining scenes in this series so keep a keen eye...

As for SEED I actuallly realy liked it's opening and don't find it boring at all...It's a classic Gundamjack that took me back to MSG (a series it mirrors in almost infinite ways)...What really captured me about Turn-A from the very beginning is it's clash of genres and time...I just love stories where it's like an old-fashioned world but it has futuristic technology and sensibilities aswell...This clash of environments is so great when done well which Turn-A totally achieves(This is where this series shines in so many ways IMO)...In addition every character that you see in this anime will have some level of importance or development...No one is left for granted...I almost wish i was you, being a person who has yet to experience all of it...
Old 2006-06-12, 08:19   Link #143
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, I certainly could say Sochie > Lacus Clyne. I won't say anything more.

I also like Loran. He knows what's right from wrong, has no illusions on what is reality, but intelligently traipses a trapeze between the moonrace and the Earth people. His sensibilities are of Earth's, however, so far, despite the fact that he came from the moon because he understands as a human what it feels like to squat on a place where people live.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going to finish this show, but damn ... I'd have to buy a lot of CDs ... but it's well worth it.
Old 2006-06-12, 08:25   Link #144
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well Fukuda has stated that his favorite G-series is Turn-A...hmmm...

Lacus Clyne//Mia = Queen Diana//Kihl Hiem

The mind wonders ...
Old 2006-06-12, 08:36   Link #145
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's getting to be my favorite G-series as well. I think I'd better lay off SEED or Destiny for now - this is the real G.

But yeah, those four people are roughly equivalents of each other. Although I'm not sure that Kihel has a crush on Loran as Lacus has on Kira. I'm pretty sure Sochie does, however. But Sochie - wow - that girl has balls.
Old 2006-06-12, 09:26   Link #146
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Lacus Clyne//Mia = Queen Diana//Kihl Hiem
I wouldn't even begin to compare the two to the others..........Diana and Kihel are in a league of their own as leaders, characters, charisma and ability.

Quote:
But Sochie - wow - that girl has balls.
She even waves some around at people..........on a chain that is.

And physics223, theres some nice twists to the relationships later on that build up for the main charas but I won't spoil it.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 09:54   Link #147
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

So this hunch of mine is quite right that Kihel > Lacus? Darn it, I NEED seeders lol ...
Old 2006-06-12, 10:44   Link #148
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

A few times I felt mostly irritated with Sochie but overall she´s a breath of fresh air. I wouldn´t mind seeing a Gundam OVA with her as the main character.

But one character I absolutely hate is the red haired guy.. He´s so freakin´ irritating. I don´t like his attitude at all.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 11:24   Link #149
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

It's almost disturbing how happy-go-lucky shows gets when Tomino is in a good mood, although he always manages to put on that extra little "sucks when this character(s) died doesn't it?"
I wonder what the old man is working on now...

On something else:
Something I think Turn A manages well is to take the mechas down to earth a bit(well, they don't fly much either but that's another thing) they really fit in much better in the world when they are somewhat limited by gravity and there's always some non-mecha taking a shot at it or terrain actually matters.
Unlike much of GSD where the world just seems to be background and not part of the combat.

It makes me feel all giddy inside when the characters actually makes up a plan or two for the upcoming battle making use of the terrain and whatnot, Turn A Whale style
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 11:39   Link #150
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
So this hunch of mine is quite right that Kihel > Lacus? Darn it, I NEED seeders lol ...
Lets just say she takes after her lookalike in more than just image.

Funny thing which makes me despise Lacus compared to Diana is that although everyone invisions her as a perfect leader. Diana still has major faults and she even recognizes them throughout the series that its just impossible to be a perfect leader.
Old 2006-06-12, 22:43   Link #151
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

And at least Loran here doesn't act like he can beat God (Kira, right?), but I'm pretty sure he can. I like it when Tomino has a clearer mind and has more insight (because he's happier). He's bound to make better G-series this way.
Old 2006-06-13, 01:50   Link #152
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah...Turn-A Gundam, like UC-era Gundam stuff, is actually more realistic and takes in many more factors into considering in terms of their battling/traveling/etc (rugged, mountaineous terrain or gravity or tons of trees that can cover ambushes and such) while it seems, in alternate universe, very few things are taken into consideraton.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 08:09   Link #153
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Turn A Gundam > SEED > Destiny. I have nothing more to say, IMO.
Old 2006-06-15, 05:32   Link #154
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

OHMIGEWDNESS!

Episode six rocked. Again. *
Old 2006-07-02, 09:13   Link #155
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

If I remember correctly, at least 2 years have passed by
Old 2006-07-02, 10:21   Link #156
yamikage

Since this thread has been revived, I'll ask something that's always been bothering me for quite awhile.
Spoiler for ep44:

On a side note, it is kind of ironic that Turn A and Gundam X are great series yet they have horrible reputation, especially with the casual fans. Both have the best main characters simply because they aren't the typical whiny, angsty lead that are shoved into our faces. Loran is childish wonder and innocence personified, while Garrod's optimism gives a hopeful feeling, considering the kind of world Gundam X is set on. Both also have the most well-developed love stories in a Gundam series. It's good news that Gundam X is slowly becoming popular in Japan, with its good DVD and manga (GX:Under the Moonlight) sales. Here's to hoping that the Turn A follows soon after.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 10:31   Link #157
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Yamikage:
I believe it was because he was a traitor and since he had been trying to sabotage and interfere with everything though I haven't watched in a while. I'd have to re-watch to be sure.

I'm hoping the sudden revival of the neglected gems of Gundam series will give way to one day seeing a animated Crossbone/Sentinel Gundam or even a animation of Under the Moonlight.
Old 2006-07-02, 10:49   Link #158
yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Yamikage:
I believe it was because he was a traitor and since he had been trying to sabotage and interfere with everything though I haven't watched in a while. I'd have to re-watch to be sure.

I'm hoping the sudden revival of the neglected gems of Gundam series will give way to one day seeing a animated Crossbone/Sentinel Gundam or even a animation of Under the Moonlight.
Spoiler:

Maybe I'll rewatch and analyze it tomorrow. It's way past bedtime.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 02:30   Link #159
BOZZY

I just finished it about 10 minutes ago... Good series, but I felt that the death count should have been higher. I know this series was supposed to be a happier work than Victory Gundam but I find it hard to believe that...
Spoiler:

The only problem I have had so far with the series (aside from the above) was that I was somewhat lost with the ending.

Spoiler:

I will agree on one thing, that Loran is definetly an enjoyable character and a nice take-off from the conventional whiny Gundam pilot.
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 02:35   Link #160
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Well, Sochie obviously had feelings for Loran but I guess her hatred for the Moonrace and lust for revenge (first for killing her father and then Captain Gavanne) kept those feelings at bay until...well...it was too late...

And, yes, Kihel Heim was the one who left with Henry Ord and, once again, went under the Queen Dianna disguise while the real Dianna and Loran went off somewhere to live together on Earth. (don't recall anything about them mentioning leaving for the moon)