AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-05-19, 01:07   Link #6221
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
As for Kuro, she is a pretty much wild card at this moment. Ritz might make her do something that no one see it coming. This is also her last match in series (probably) so expect something to happen.
Hey, she might be back for next year's nationals in 20 years .
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 02:10   Link #6222
AP24

Kuro had experience in playing against Teru in the semifinals so she might be able to do something this time.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 03:51   Link #6223
Chitanda Eru

As for Tenhou yakuman. I think Awaii can do this too, she actually can have tenhou or chiihou thanks to her abiliy in both east and south round ^_^.
Hmm, There might be lots of yakuman in this final match. Teru, Saki, Awaii, takami shibuya (shiraitodai's lieutenant). I really hope to see takami shibuya will have consecutive yakuman if she's the last dealer this time
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 06:06   Link #6224
The Green One

Translated chapter is now up in certain places. It's pretty pitiful that the unfinished art in the chapters has now become normal.
Old 2018-05-20, 08:17   Link #6225
night_sentinel

Oh yeah, it's the finals now, I'm excited!

First, Hisa is a sentimental dork. That unknown "thank you" there is full of meaning.

Second, is the team assembly. I'm disappointed that Saki and Teru are not next to each other. Oh well, in front of each other is good too! You can see how Teru is doing everything to avoid looking at Saki. While even with bad art Saki's eyes follow Teru.

At least, Nodoka and Achiga's meeting is happy.

Third, Yuuki's ability is a bit complicated and apparently work in micro and macro way. Micro, since it boosts Yuuki during the East Match. Macro, since apparently, Yuuki follows a wave. Hisa timed it so for the tournament Yuuki is on the ascending part ending with the top part for the finals.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2018-05-20 at 09:53.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 12:05   Link #6226
King-Slayer

It's been a long while since I've been excited about a chapter, so I am also grateful. Very pumped to see Yuuki do her thing and Teru not being able to stop her!!!
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 13:50   Link #6227
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Now that we've finally reached the final here is a little theory I have for the captain match
Rambling on :
Nelly is a Loan Shark, at least that How I see her power working. She does little favours to her opponent, let herself be ron, but each time it happen she apply an interest, that will have to be payed back when she chose.

I suspect it will be confirmed when Shizuno (Who as the most bs power of all time i.e instinct), will actively refuse to win of her, even if it mean lowering her own score. Most likely there will also be a comment by Akado as well.

Saki will likely find out, but maybe too late.

But talking about Instinct. Saki Vs Shizuno will most likely come to that as Shizuno and Koromo have à lot in common:
- Shizuno's mountain haze act a little like Koromo's drowning tides as the best way to get out of it is with the link with they have with others.
-Shizuno an Koromo both relies on some "instinct"
-Both lived in some sort of solitude before mah-jong came into their live
-Both get stronger with something, Koromo as the Moon rise and get fuller, Shizuno as she rise in the mountain.

Then I remember What Fujita told Koromo about Saki : She is something that goes beyond your instincts.

No idea what will be Awai's interaction with that yet
Rambling off:

Now let's see how long it will take to get there, and enjoy the ride
Old 2018-05-21, 19:11   Link #6228
Bladezer

So Yuuki won a Tenhou, here's to Kuro winning with a Counted Yakuman of Dora then.

Also something of note, seems Teru's mirror didn't get a read on Yuuki, or something was off from the read. So possible its not going to be a easy win for Teru again.

Something else nothing indicates weather Kuro has her Dora magnet back, though its probable she does. Well, we'll find out next time either way.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 19:35   Link #6229
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Also something of note, seems Teru's mirror didn't get a read on Yuuki, or something was off from the read. So possible its not going to be a easy win for Teru again.
I think she did read Yuuki but it was too late to stop her hand. The face she made was a pretty clear "oh shit" look to me.
Old 2018-05-21, 21:20   Link #6230
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think she did read Yuuki but it was too late to stop her hand. The face she made was a pretty clear "oh shit" look to me.
Even Hisa was thinking that lol.
Old 2018-05-21, 22:12   Link #6231
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
First, Hisa is a sentimental dork. That unknown "thank you" there is full of meaning.
Hisa's never been one to hide how she feels, and it HAS been a long road for everyone's beloved buchou.

Quote:
Second, is the team assembly. I'm disappointed that Saki and Teru are not next to each other. Oh well, in front of each other is good too! You can see how Teru is doing everything to avoid looking at Saki. While even with bad art Saki's eyes follow Teru.
I think its better they were in ront of each other. Teru wouldn't have had to try avoiding Saki so clearly otherwise.

Quote:
Third, Yuuki's ability is a bit complicated and apparently work in micro and macro way. Micro, since it boosts Yuuki during the East Match. Macro, since apparently, Yuuki follows a wave. Hisa timed it so for the tournament Yuuki is on the ascending part ending with the top part for the finals.
Yeah, you really have to time it to get the best of it. Once again, props to Hisa for managing her weird but lovely juniors so well.

Quote:
She's fast! Sorry, I felt like saying that all of a sudden, and it's fits in this case.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 05:25   Link #6232
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Hisa's never been one to hide how she feels, and it HAS been a long road for everyone's beloved buchou.
Actually, Hisa does hide her feelings from her members. Considering the "underdog position" Kiyosumi fills in, Hisa tries to project an unwavering confidence so she can be a source for her kouhai. Remember, its one of the reasons why she has small BSOD in her match in the quarterfinals.

This is why that small heartfelt "thank you" there for me is so important.

Quote:
I think its better they were in front of each other. Teru wouldn't have had to try avoiding Saki so clearly otherwise.
Yeah. I think you're right. I can't wait to see how that will be animated. I wonder if the animators will add some details flourish like in the previous anime. Or they'll make it understated as the siblings are pretending it is.

Quote:
Yeah, you really have to time it to get the best of it. Once again, props to Hisa for managing her weird but lovely juniors so well.
Speaking of that, I've done some analyzing of Yuuki's power in the quarterfinals and finals here. And I've found some vindication for my suspicion two years ago regarding the efficiency of Yuuki's calling strategy in the semifinals.

Hisa's strategy and Kiyosumi by extension are to take a hit in the semis for a greater reward in the finals. But, then again, Hisa pretty much lives and breathes that philosophy so it shouldn't be surprising. ^^

Also, if anyone wants the current match points.

Kiyosumi (Yuuki) = 100,000 + 18,000 (E1) + 48,300 (E1B1) = 166,300
Everyone Else = 100,000 - [(18,000 +48,300)/3]=77,900

Meaning Yuuki is ahead of everyone by 88, 400 points.
If Satoha and freaking Teru isn't the opponent, I think its possible that Yuuki's badass boast of ending everything at E1 won't just be an empty boast.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 07:40   Link #6233
The Green One

Well if Yuuki does manage to get a massive boost in the start in points and then plays heavy defense the rest of the game she should be able to endure the hits from Teru and still stay with an overall positive.
Old 2018-05-29, 11:46   Link #6234
Proto

It would be interesting if Shino turns out to be the color commentator for the final match.
Old 2018-06-08, 11:47   Link #6235
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It would be interesting if Shino turns out to be the color commentator for the final match.
That would be awesome.
Old 2018-06-12, 21:54   Link #6236
Arcorann

It's been a while since I visited this thread. Something interesting about the final hand of the 5th place match that was pointed out by katsu666:

Himeko's final hand according to Ritz's blog and ch. 190 was 456999s33999m99p 3m with dora 9m and 3m and one red 5. Counting the yaku (riichi tsumo sanankou dora 7) only comes up to 11 han. Where does the 12th han come from? The answer must be haitei, and indeed Himeko mentions being afraid that she might lose her last draw. Meanwhile, if Himeko had been able to draw the 9s then the hand would gain sanshoku doujun and ippatsu but lose one dora, resulting in 13 han. Truly, this one was down to the wire.

EDIT: So it turns out Akio posted about it when they translated Ritz's blog and I missed it. Oh well.

Quote:
We've already seen Sukoya/Kouko in the commentary box on page 4. Of course, there could be another set of commentary...

Last edited by Arcorann; 2018-06-12 at 22:11.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 19:15   Link #6237
Proto

Oh no Yuuki, are you using your flashback boost already? Now everything's lost.
Old 2018-06-15, 23:48   Link #6238
alex_drian

This...won't end well.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 01:39   Link #6239
AP24

So Yuuki plans on continue winning the bonus rounds until someone busts. That's going to be tough since all her opponents still have over 70k points each.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 02:02   Link #6240
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Quote:
I honestly think the opposite is going to happen this time around... yes, I also think that Teru saw something off or just didn't get a read at all but that just means the usual routine might be difficult if not impossible... if so then Teru might judge that it's time to bring out the big guns... this time around we might actually see what Awai calls the "whizzing thing" or simply "THAT"...

Are we going to get a glimpse of the hidden abilities of Miyanaga Teru? now I'm starting to feel sorry for Kuro again... I hope she already had her dragon magnet ability return and that it helps reduce the incoming damage... or it may also be useless in front of "THAT"... I hope Satoha can also do something if ever what I'm imagining will come to pass...

Quote:
Oh no Yuuki, are you using your flashback boost already? Now everything's lost.
Ahhh... may the Taco God protect our dear Yuki...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri