Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2019-01-04, 13:23   Link #3501
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
He can't use a Titan made with Zeke's spinal fluid - they obey Zeke.

I wonder what's going to happen to Eldia in the end.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-04, 19:47   Link #3502
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He can't use a Titan made with Zeke's spinal fluid - they obey Zeke.

I wonder what's going to happen to Eldia in the end.
I'm not sure they would still obey Zeke with the latter half-dead and unconscious. It was also shown when the Beast titan first showed up that some of them can go against his orders. Assuming Levi could afford to leave one of them alive, it could have been worth a try.
Old 2019-01-05, 06:52   Link #3503
The Small One

I don't think this would be a good idea.
As we know from Eren's speech, the memories of the previous hosts greatly influence the new host of the titan. In Armin's case it may be just some sort of mental weekness and visits to Annie, but someone who ate Zeke may even assume the whole view of the world and continue with Zeke's plan. The way he treated Zeke now at least has him under control.
The only definate advantage by letting Zeke get eaten would be, that the danger of turning those who drank the wine into titans wouldn't be anymore.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-05, 06:57   Link #3504
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
As we know from Eren's speech, the memories of the previous hosts greatly influence the new host of the titan. In Armin's case it may be just some sort of mental weekness and visits to Annie, but someone who ate Zeke may even assume the whole view of the world and continue with Zeke's plan. The way he treated Zeke now at least has him under control.
The only definate advantage by letting Zeke get eaten would be, that the danger of turning those who drank the wine into titans wouldn't be anymore.
That's a pretty big advantage... Besides, the personality isn't overwritten overnight, or completely.

The question, the real question, is this: is Zeke right? Is he, in fact, saving Eldia from itself?
Old 2019-01-05, 07:48   Link #3505
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Levi is still planning to feed Zeke to a titan as he had planned regardless, or he would have just killed him already. What else is he going to do with him?
Old 2019-01-05, 14:42   Link #3506
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I'm glad to see that at least from Zeke's perspective, he views Eren as an equal rather than as a pawn. Now, I wonder if we'll get to see what Eren thinks of Zeke. Additionally, from what I gathered in this chapter, Zeke truly does have Eldia's future in mind. Sure, he'll invite the animosity of Paradis doing what he did, but even if he played by their rules, there would be some who'll forever doubt him and he literally doesn't have the time to win them over.

Shadis really can't catch a break man. Come on, cut the dude some slack. Hasn't he been through enough already? He led many men to their deaths and atoned for it by relinquishing his title to probably the greatest commander in Survey Corps history. Heck, he even had Eren's best interest in mind when he rigged his 3DMG. Sigh

And Levi once again secures his position as SnK's resident badass. Remember how in my last post I was saying that Mikasa was his equal? Well, scratch that. Even tho she's a fellow Ackerman and an incredible badass in her own right, she really isn't on Levi's level tbh.

Ps. I know that titans stopped being scary a long time ago (after we found out the truth of their origins and whatnot), but y'all gotta admit that it was pretty fucking scary watching them climb and jump around in those trees. (Even if we knew Levi was 100% coming out of that situation unscathed)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 12:54   Link #3507
Twi

Floch is a dick.
Old 2019-01-07, 23:31   Link #3508
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Levi is still planning to feed Zeke to a titan as he had planned regardless, or he would have just killed him already. What else is he going to do with him?
He would have fed him to a titan already if he had nothing else in mind. There's no point in waiting for that. Not only he would have eliminated someone who still has the power to turn who knows how many Eldians into mindless titans, Levi would have saved at least one of his men in doing so.

No. I think Levi still isn't sure whether it would be a good idea to thwart Zeke's and Eren's plan. He's either awaiting for orders from above, thus leaving to someone else the decision, or he wants to face Eren before deciding.
If there's one thing that has been consistent about Levi apart from his undisputed badassery is that he's always had doubts about what's the right thing to do. Things were a lot easier for him when he only needed to follow Erwin's plans.

At any rate it seems that the show that Eren put up in Marley really had the effect of mobilizing the whole world against Paradis. There's really no turning back at this point, and besides, Armin prophesied that all the colossal titans in the walls would awake in the end. That's bound to happen.

Paradis doesn't have any other way to survive at this point, but exactly what happens when they defeat the first invading wave? It's only a matter of time before the world develops aircrafts and bombers.

They'll have to move the colossal titans toward the world. But they don't really have the power to control them from afar, do they? They can't simply leave some of them stationed in one area and move to the next with the rest. Unless they plan to unleash them without any control and destroy everything.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 13:14   Link #3509
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
He would have fed him to a titan already if he had nothing else in mind. There's no point in waiting for that. Not only he would have eliminated someone who still has the power to turn who knows how many Eldians into mindless titans, Levi would have saved at least one of his men in doing so.

No. I think Levi still isn't sure whether it would be a good idea to thwart Zeke's and Eren's plan. He's either awaiting for orders from above, thus leaving to someone else the decision, or he wants to face Eren before deciding.
If there's one thing that has been consistent about Levi apart from his undisputed badassery is that he's always had doubts about what's the right thing to do. Things were a lot easier for him when he only needed to follow Erwin's plans.
Levi had already made up his mind and was planning to have the Beast titan transferred to someone else before Zeke pulled his stunt. Given what ended up happening, I doubt he changed his mind, especially given how much more of a threat Zeke became because of the wine.
Old 2019-01-08, 16:39   Link #3510
TommyG

I hope Zeke doesn't get eaten, or at least not until we see what he and Eren have been planning. On reddit someone compared the mountain range we seen in the background as Levi and Zeke kart past with the one Historia's house is facing, I wonder if that's where Levi is heading.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 19:09   Link #3511
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
I hope Zeke doesn't get eaten, or at least not until we see what he and Eren have been planning. On reddit someone compared the mountain range we seen in the background as Levi and Zeke kart past with the one Historia's house is facing, I wonder if that's where Levi is heading.
A presumably big flashback is starting, what Zeke's plan is and how Eren and Zeke came to an understanding will probably get included in it. Or it may be saved for later as a flashback of Eren's.
Old 2019-01-09, 09:59   Link #3512
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Levi had already made up his mind and was planning to have the Beast titan transferred to someone else before Zeke pulled his stunt. Given what ended up happening, I doubt he changed his mind, especially given how much more of a threat Zeke became because of the wine.
I don't think he actually did, and you are still not explaining why he hasn't done it already.

By eating Zeke only the beast titan power can be transferred, not Zeke's royal blood and his limited ability to control titans. If Zeke gets eaten at that point Eren won't be able to use the coordinate power unless Historia or her offspring become titans.

Old 2019-01-09, 10:35   Link #3513
TommyG

I thought Eren didn't need the royal to be a titan shifter, just a royal. Back when he fought the smiling titan the only royal close to him was Historia who wasn't a titan shifter then.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 12:07   Link #3514
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I don't think he actually did, and you are still not explaining why he hasn't done it already.

By eating Zeke only the beast titan power can be transferred, not Zeke's royal blood and his limited ability to control titans. If Zeke gets eaten at that point Eren won't be able to use the coordinate power unless Historia or her offspring become titans.
Like Anh_Minh previously said, maybe titans turned by Zeke are unable to eat him since they're under his control. I myself think he should have still tried to feed him to one of them, but maybe he couldn't afford to leave them alive in the situation he was in. Those titans were very agile and persistent, perhaps he had no choice but to kill them in order to go after Zeke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
I thought Eren didn't need the royal to be a titan shifter, just a royal. Back when he fought the smiling titan the only royal close to him was Historia who wasn't a titan shifter then.
You're forgetting that the smiling titan itself was Dina, a member of the royal family. That's the reason he was able to use the coordinates, nothing to do with Historia.
Old 2019-01-09, 13:33   Link #3515
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

You guys are looking into this a bit too deeply tbh. While it's good to think about what-ifs and the logic behind characters' decisions, did it not occur to y'all that the reason why Levi didn't feed Zeke to anyone is because the plot demands it?

It's no secret that Historia is one of the of the reasons why Eren has decided to take this stance with Paradis and the world. Taking Zeke out of the equation also means that Historia would have to become a titan in his place and as a result, takes away one of the biggest reasons why Eren launched this whole campaign to begin with. If that happens, then the losses incurred during the assault on Marley and Zachley's death would have been in vain and Sasha's death would also be devalued.

Btw yes, I'm a Historia shipper, but I'm not even talking about shipping when I say this. Even without shipping goggles, most can see that Eren's actions were fueled by Historia to some degree.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-01-09, 19:36   Link #3516
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Like Anh_Minh previously said, maybe titans turned by Zeke are unable to eat him since they're under his control. I myself think he should have still tried to feed him to one of them, but maybe he couldn't afford to leave them alive in the situation he was in. Those titans were very agile and persistent, perhaps he had no choice but to kill them in order to go after Zeke.
I don't think titans obey him when he's unconscious, especially when we have seen a titan that defied his orders before.

Zeke has been unconscious for a while, enough for Levi to feed him to a titan.
In the end whether Levi plans to feed him to a titan or not, I think it's certain that he didn't leave any of his comrade turned into titans alive.
He killed them all, there's no other explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
You guys are looking into this a bit too deeply tbh. While it's good to think about what-ifs and the logic behind characters' decisions, did it not occur to y'all that the reason why Levi didn't feed Zeke to anyone is because the plot demands it?
The plots demand it for sure, but that doesn't mean there isn't a valid explanation for Levi's decision.

Old 2019-01-09, 20:39   Link #3517
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^While I do agree with that line of thought, it only applies when we have sufficient information to work with. As we currently can't see the full picture, it's silly to draw out this topic as much as you guys already have.

Why is it silly? Well, we haven't been given any perspective on what Levi's currently thinking outside of him reflecting on the suspicious wine and (briefly) agonizing over the unavoidable fate of killing his comrades. (Yes, we can assume that he's still planning on feeding Zeke to someone, but until we see Levi address this in another chapter, it's pointless to think about it now. Hell, he could be thinking about eating a sandwich for all we know... My point is, we don't know what he's thinking right now.)

All we can really do is speculate and theorize why he didn't spare a titan to eat Zeke and still, due to the lack of information from both sides (a.k.a. our lack of understanding regarding Zeke's full abilities and Levi's thought processes), there will be quite a few holes in these theories.

It also doesn't help when someone tries to come up with a plausible theory and someone else shoots it down shortly afterwards. Therefore, no progress is being made because we always end up back at square one...
Old 2019-01-10, 02:29   Link #3518
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I don't think titans obey him when he's unconscious, especially when we have seen a titan that defied his orders before.
We've seen that, Levi hasn't, so he's probably, indeed, killed them all because he didn't know how one of Zeke's titans would behave even if he did knock Zeke out. Or sure he could recapture Zeke while being chased by a titan, for that matter.
Old 2019-01-11, 06:12   Link #3519
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Levi OP as hell, my god.
Old 2019-01-14, 21:44   Link #3520
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
We've seen that, Levi hasn't, so he's probably, indeed, killed them all because he didn't know how one of Zeke's titans would behave even if he did knock Zeke out.
That is my whole point. There's just so little Levi knows to try something like that by himself. Feeding Zeke to a titan certainly is a possibility. Just killing Zeke is also possibility, especially if, as you said, there's a chance that you can't feed Zeke to a titan (though that means the titan power would be transferred to a random Eldian).

But if he was sure about either solution he would have already done it.